Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4192427282930313439 ... LastLast

Thread: PhotoAid XVI : it's CNY! Gong Hei Fatt Choy!

Default Re: PhotoAid XVI : it's CNY! Gong Hei Fatt Choy!

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Thumbs up to Ah Huat? you mean Admin's name is Ah Huat isit?

Anyway, thanks bro
    good to cya back.

ah huat tonight come and find u to let u huat ah!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    good to cya back.

ah huat tonight come and find u to let u huat ah!
    Wah lou a ............ I like the part to let me "huat", but than hor, ah huat come and find me at night .............
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Blog Entries

good morning everyone

busy day today
    won't see me for the rest of the day

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    good morning everyone

busy day today
    won't see me for the rest of the day
    Happy shooting bro
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

yqt is back!

ykia: Thanks for your concern, fortunately im not in Japan yet, flying off next Monday

eikin: Japan is it all the mobile phones must be 3G then can use? Any special things I must do to get a 3G phone to work there?

Quote Originally Posted by zhangyb View Post
    yqt is back!

ykia: Thanks for your concern, fortunately im not in Japan yet, flying off next Monday

eikin: Japan is it all the mobile phones must be 3G then can use? Any special things I must do to get a 3G phone to work there?
    Yes zhangyb, I'm back

BTW, if you need a 3G phone to work in Japan, can you buy a PDA phone instate? The Plam tro 750v will be a good choice. After you come back you can sell to me as 2nd hand phone.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Yes zhangyb, I'm back

BTW, if you need a 3G phone to work in Japan, can you buy a PDA phone instate? The Plam tro 750v will be a good choice. After you come back you can sell to me as 2nd hand phone.
    Haha palm 750v good? Im thinking of getting the samsung i600 cos there is skype

sleepy afternoon..

angkor wat rocks...
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Haha palm 750v good? Im thinking of getting the samsung i600 cos there is skype
    Don't know, no money to buy and try but plam have always been stable and reliable. This is the first Plam using the Windows platform. So far can't find much feedback on it so I guess it should be OK lor, if not good sure got tons of people slamming it like Dopod kanna slammed until ....

is that the slim slim one? only 6.9mm? This one looks cool man, somemore got 3.5G but screen kinda small lar.

hmm treo running on Windows? Interesting... Dopod is no go for me... their service centre heard is very lousy from many many people...

Anyway i600 is alot cheaper than treo and both runs on windows mobile haha so i think i will go for i600

Samsung i600:
    Last edited by zhangyb; 26th March 2007 at 01:48 PM.

aiyah.. anything running windows sucks lor..
    there's a very big bug with windows and phones, if you're stuck in an area without phone reception for a long time, eg: underground carpark for about 5-10mins, when you get into an area with coverage, the phone most of the time will not log onto the network itself again.

For me, everytime I get home, enter my lift, and reach home, i have to activate the phone to search for network, else for the rest of the night till next morning, my phone will be very peaceful.....

wah! really!? what phone you using?

dopod 818, but don't be mistaken it's a dopod bug. It's really a windows bug. My dad's O2 XDA also suffered from it. and mind you it's a 2002 bug already. My friend's O2 mini and atom also have the same bug.

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    dopod 818, but don't be mistaken it's a dopod bug. It's really a windows bug. My dad's O2 XDA also suffered from it. and mind you it's a 2002 bug already. My friend's O2 mini and atom also have the same bug.
    write your own mobile OS

last time i got O2 XDA II but never get the problem leh... i think not every phone bah...

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    write your own mobile OS
    that's what I have been doing last year or so.. developing on WIN CE 5.0 platforms and seriously there is hardly anything I can do. We can only write the drivers or HAL layer of the OS and report to windows "Hey I've got no more reception" but some how windows will initiate a search for network, after a fixed time, it gives up. The libraries come in half compiled objects so we can't edit MS specific codes. I also can't customise one just for my 818

that's what I have been doing last year or so.. developing on WIN CE 5.0 platforms and seriously there is hardly anything I can do. We can only write the drivers or HAL layer of the OS and report to windows "Hey I've got no more reception" but some how windows will initiate a search for network, after a fixed time, it gives up. The libraries come in half compiled objects so we can't edit MS specific codes. I also can't customise one just for my 818
    add anttena to the phone la....

Glad to hear this.

Your 3G phone will work if you have the SIM card upgraded to the SIM1000 version. This should come with the phone (new line) or you have to request for them to upgrade you.

yqt is back!

Quote Originally Posted by ykia View Post
    Glad to hear this.

Your 3G phone will work if you have the SIM card upgraded to the SIM1000 version. This should come with the phone (new line) or you have to request for them to upgrade you.
    thanks for reminding me about the SIM card... my SIM card is the old one... gotta upgade b4 i can use 3G

yes, all 3G

i think you can get a temporary phone or something, but never apply before so i don't know! paiseh! check the lonely planet or other guides?