Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Can TP tell which car was speeding from the photos??

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 3rd Rock
    Posts
    1,269

    Default Can TP tell which car was speeding from the photos??

    Assume two cars drove pass the speed camera, one of the car is within the speed limit while the other exceeded, can the TP tell from the photo which car was speeding??

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can TP tell which car was speeding from the photos??

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew View Post
    Assume two cars drove pass the speed camera, one of the car is within the speed limit while the other exceeded, can the TP tell from the photo which car was speeding??
    yes... there is a type of infra been shot at the car, and the distance would be divided by time to get the speed

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dry cabinet!
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Re: Can TP tell which car was speeding from the photos??

    Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    yes... there is a type of infra been shot at the car, and the distance would be divided by time to get the speed
    I think he means from photos.
    Assuming camera detects a car speeding and taks a photo, in the photo there is another car. So do they know who which car to fine??

  4. #4

    Default Re: Can TP tell which car was speeding from the photos??

    Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    I think he means from photos.
    Assuming camera detects a car speeding and taks a photo, in the photo there is another car. So do they know who which car to fine??
    i believe is can print out one.... but usually they would use video, cos it is able to track the car with a better reading

  5. #5

    Default Re: Can TP tell which car was speeding from the photos??

    like singapore style, we play safe.

    fine both of them. if they want to complain, go join the 100 mile long queue at the complain section in LTA. or they can just pay easily at any AXS booth without any queueing.


    anyway, like how redlight cameras work, they take multiple shots of the car in short time intervals. that's enough to know who's speeding or if the car really broke the red light. i think.

  6. #6
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: Can TP tell which car was speeding from the photos??

    Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    i believe is can print out one.... but usually they would use video, cos it is able to track the car with a better reading
    haiyo...dun you know they think of everything already...you think TP so stupid and their system so backward??

  7. #7

    Default Re: Can TP tell which car was speeding from the photos??

    should be take a few pictures bah... then simple trigonometry and calculations will tell the average speed i guess...

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Can TP tell which car was speeding from the photos??

    yes they can : (base on my theory)

    1. By the type of car. sport car usually speeds
    2. By sequential shots.. static camera will fire more than 1 shots and that can determine which speeds faster
    3. for manned operation, the TP aims their Radar at yr car so you cant siam one.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Can TP tell which car was speeding from the photos??

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    yes they can : (base on my theory)

    1. By the type of car. sport car usually speeds
    2. By sequential shots.. static camera will fire more than 1 shots and that can determine which speeds faster
    3. for manned operation, the TP aims their Radar at yr car so you cant siam one.
    eh, just because someone is ugly doesnt mean he is a bad person. so your list #1 above a bit scary lei.... luckily you are not a judge or TP

  10. #10

    Default Re: Can TP tell which car was speeding from the photos??

    Quote Originally Posted by michhy View Post
    eh, just because someone is ugly doesnt mean he is a bad person. so your list #1 above a bit scary lei.... luckily you are not a judge or TP
    hee hee, imagine a cement truck racing a ferrari.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: Can TP tell which car was speeding from the photos??

    What do you think with today tech.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 3rd Rock
    Posts
    1,269

    Default Re: Can TP tell which car was speeding from the photos??

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    yes they can : (base on my theory)

    1. By the type of car. sport car usually speeds
    2. By sequential shots.. static camera will fire more than 1 shots and that can determine which speeds faster
    3. for manned operation, the TP aims their Radar at yr car so you cant siam one.

    Four cars (including mine) was within the line of sight of the speed camera at Yishun. The camera flashed once, so I guess only one frame was captured but how does the TP know who was speeding from the photo?

    I was driving a BMW, so I'm the culprit, is it????
    Last edited by billpepsi; 16th February 2007 at 04:06 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Can TP tell which car was speeding from the photos??

    Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    haiyo...dun you know they think of everything already...you think TP so stupid and their system so backward??
    wow, u so concern abt me ar... almost every post i got tok, u also view and some got comments... i felt so luv but... sorry to say i not gay, my backdoor remains close till i die, i know u now . take it easy.... attention seeker....
    Last edited by compro_1975; 16th February 2007 at 04:12 PM.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Can TP tell which car was speeding from the photos??

    If our consumer grade digicam can do face priority detection, I suppose these single purpose device should do the focusing job better.....just like racing.....use the "photofinish"
    Last edited by Big Kahuna; 16th February 2007 at 04:15 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: Can TP tell which car was speeding from the photos??

    I am closing this thread as it is going OT ad everyone is basically posting their guesses, educated or otherwise. I suggest the TS email or write to traffic police. That would be a much better way to find out.

    Thank you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •