Thread: Ray of light

Default Ray of light

Captured the Sun behind the clouds during mid-day on a boat. A couple in the picture is intended to add some "flavor" to the picture.

Exposed for highlights.

C&C greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Ray of light

The couple of heads is quite disconcerting. Either you do without them altogether or you include more of them.

love the rays bursting from behind and beneath the clouds! it's almost biblical. same thing, the heads are tad distracting.

the black mass on left is unbalancing, too heavy: I would rather just have the sky alone. the people silhouette may help to balance but as it is, too insignificant and too close to the centre.

I dunno if this is a crop version, which I suspect is not, and therefore there is no more room for other compositions. And also I do not know if u have other shots as the boat moves along changing the perspective.

Overall I think it needs a new perspective altogether. The great light in the skies can't save this pic.

Thanks for the critique guys. Greatly appreciate it.

Too bad, I didn't have other better perspectives because the island on our right and the sun/clouds were behind and our boat was going in one direction.

Will this do?

oh yah .....
    this one is much better.
    looks more comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    The couple of heads is quite disconcerting. Either you do without them altogether or you include more of them.
    I agree..

Either have the full thing
    Or just leave out the heads.. Two heads floating there is pretty disturbing.. =D

think u recrop is even less than the first ... question: why didnt u take more than one shot?