Thread: Sunset at Sentosa

Default Sunset at Sentosa

This was taken on one of the sunday at Sentosa - Tanjong Beach.
    Welcome all C&C.. thanks.

Default Re: Sunset at Sentosa

love the sky.. very drama feel
    could be brighter though.. I think.
    nice shot!

Default Re: Sunset at Sentosa

Nice, except for the wisp of darkness in the top centre. Clouds? Smoke from ships?

And then again, like flowers, sunsets/sunrise are almost too easy to shoot, eg with P&S and their sophisticated program modes. So you have to be very deliberate in your composition.

If I were to shoot this scene, I would also have the pointed thingy at the centre horizon entirely out of the picture too. Absolute distraction and not adding to the scene, as it is clearly manmade and incompatible with nature's grand drama.

The palm silhouettes, on the other hand, are entirely a part of the scene. So I will have more of it. Maybe shift my entire view to the right.

But then the interesting clouds are out of the view then. How?

No problem, make another picture this time of the fantastic clouds on the left, again avoiding the pointed thingy altogether. and in either case you dont have the black wisp being another distraction. And you have two pictures for the price of one sunset.

The finally some work in PS to accentuate the colours and contrast, to sharpen the waters and the silhouette outlines, etc etc