Thread: Being Impressionistic

Default Being Impressionistic

Hi all,

Thanks to those who critiqued my previous photo. Didn't feel it was necessary to reply; hope that's acceptable.

Trying achieve a dreamy, glowing effect, sort of like a painting. Took two shots, one in focus and another deliberately out of focus and merged the two in Photoshop. Did a little colour adjustment.

Does it achieve its purpose? Would a smaller crop be better? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Being Impressionistic

Has potential. But the blotches of bright and dark makes it look dirty and careless. But nice light and interesting patterns in the door grills and circular holes, except for washings. Maybe go back try differnt angles, avoid unsightly stuff, and continue experimenting.

Default Re: Being Impressionistic

Quote Originally Posted by espion View Post
    Has potential. But the blotches of bright and dark makes it look dirty and careless. But nice light and interesting patterns in the door grills and circular holes, except for washings. Maybe go back try differnt angles, avoid unsightly stuff, and continue experimenting.
    Thanks for your comments.

Never noticed the blotches much; will see what I can do about them.

Regarding different angles, are there any you would suggest? If the location helps, that's the HDB block opposite my flat.