Thread: Valentine day and flowers

Default Valentine day and flowers

Today I drove around Singapore and notice something unusual about valentine day.

Very few and almost nobody carry bouquet of flowers. Even after office hours I drove along Orchard Road and notice on every bus stop that only 2 girls are holding bouquet of flowers. In fact what used to appear in hawker center with people trying to sell flowers, bears etc during VD are all gone!

I see more people holding oranges I suppose oranges can eat mah, flowers cannot or rather not so tasty.

The economy speaks for itself,

4.5 - 6.5% economy growth? You believe meh?
    Last edited by Sniper ShutterBug; 14th February 2007 at 09:44 PM.

Smile Re: Valentine day and flowers

economic hot air?

Default Re: Valentine day and flowers

got mar, i got swamped by people trying to sell me stuff, you stay in bukit timah nature reserve is it.. =(

you know, i just noticed that the initials for VD are the same for venereal disease!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    got mar, i got swamped by people trying to sell me stuff, you stay in bukit timah nature reserve is it.. =(

you know, i just noticed that the initials for VD are the same for venereal disease!
    valentine's day = very dumb

Was walking along Orchard Road last nite and saw quite a number of girls holding bouquets of flowers and there are several paddlers selling roses & bears by the roadsides too. Went to Tiong Bahru Plaza after that and the moment I came out from the train station, I saw an elderly aunty squatting and paddling roses too. At the Basement of Tiong Bahru Plaza, there is a florist and there is a long queue waiting to get flowers. So many carrot heads to be chopped.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Was walking along Orchard Road last nite and saw quite a number of girls holding bouquets of flowers and there are several paddlers selling roses & bears by the roadsides too. Went to Tiong Bahru Plaza after that and the moment I came out from the train station, I saw an elderly aunty squatting and paddling roses too. At the Basement of Tiong Bahru Plaza, there is a florist and there is a long queue waiting to get flowers. So many carrot heads to be chopped.
    on 14th of Feb, there will be a bunch of ppl becoming richer, and a bunch of ppl becoming significantly poorer...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    on 14th of Feb, there will be a bunch of ppl becoming richer, and a bunch of ppl becoming significantly poorer...
    guess which bunch i belong to...

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    guess which bunch i belong to...
    bo wa eh tai ji...

but i know i only spent money buy games from play-asia yesterday nia... no flowers, bear, chocolate from me to anybody...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

i was at republic plaza and the florist try to sell me some pre-made bouquets thats really average-looking for $300!!

I think my wife trusted my better judgement not to buy! LOL

learn to fold your own flowers! then can save a bunch of money!!!