Thread: Windows XP Installation on Mac (HELP)

Arrow Windows XP Installation on Mac (HELP)

Hi there. I have something to ask. I want to install the windows xp on my mac and i know that i must have the windows xp sp2 CD. However i have the windows xp cd without the sp2. I tried installing that in the mac and well it went well. however the problem i encounter was when i had to install the drivers. my suspect is that its because of the sp2 that was not installed. i then proceeded to download the sp2 update file and tried to install this sp2 update right after i installed windows xp. but the problem i encounter was that the setup when it was estimated harddisk volume for backup, always tells me i need an additional 4mb of space to continue the set up and etc. The thing is i already partitioned up to 30GB for the windows.

Erm can anyone help me with this? Is it possible to install the windows xp and then update sp2 another way? Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Windows XP Installation on Mac (HELP)

Well, it appears that you do not have much choice, some of the probables are ;

1) delete the Win XP and reload with higher partition
    2) delete the win xp and use winxp with sp2
    3) delete the win xp and use third party Parallels that would run both mac os and winxp

Default Re: Windows XP Installation on Mac (HELP)

Since you have Windows XP CD, download the SP2 and make your own Windows XP SP2 CD.
    Check here on how to do it.
    除了爱, 我一无所有