Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tv Channel Refused To Register/save

Default Re: Tv Channel Refused To Register/save

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Hi thanks... I check and i found that the MCBs are 'A' rated. Should I change the wiring for the whole house or???? only that particular line.

I had tripping problem often especially when there is lightning. The question is why do my old TV has no such problem? Can I say that the newly designed TV is more sensitive and thus they are easily affected by thing such as earth leakage?
    older TV sets are made to last, newer sets are made to fashion... thats what i understand... if they dun get replaced within 3 years... the industry is in serious problem.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    older TV sets are made to last, newer sets are made to fashion... thats what i understand... if they dun get replaced within 3 years... the industry is in serious problem.
    Thank and I agreed with you. Still want to know want to know the reasons.... any people out thre can help?...

Thank and I agreed with you. Still want to know want to know the reasons.... any people out thre can help?...
    actually only the technician & u will know the problem... cos all of us have not touched your set physically to know the problem
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    actually only the technician & u will know the problem... cos all of us have not touched your set physically to know the problem
    Hi..

You are right. Really appreciate your input. So many ppl around here bother to reply... spending their time replying...

Hey guys there thanks for your help

Hi..

You are right. Really appreciate your input. So many ppl around here bother to reply... spending their time replying...

Hey guys there thanks for your help

Stilll asking for input... please help

Stilll asking for input... please help
    It would be better to let us know the brand and model for troubleshooting.

1. The TV signal at my place wasn't good! But my old faithful 21" TV does the job very well.
    2 The EPROM of the TV is not keeping the channed set.... components fault or? But after changing 2 TV sets?
    1. What kind of TV antenna point ? Starhub cable point ?
    2. Do you have other room with TV point ?

Hi thanks... I check and i found that the MCBs are 'A' rated. Should I change the wiring for the whole house or???? only that particular line.

I had tripping problem often especially when there is lightning. The question is why do my old TV has no such problem? Can I say that the newly designed TV is more sensitive and thus they are easily affected by thing such as earth leakage?
    Sound like the TV point is not working. Are you close to your neighbour or family/friend/relative who stay nearby ? Bring your 21" TV to their TV point to test out.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Member/Tangshooter

Maybe 1 option u can try..dun switch off the mains for the TV..use remote to power off TV
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    It would be better to let us know the brand and model for troubleshooting.

1. What kind of TV antenna point ? Starhub cable point ?
    2. Do you have other room with TV point ?

Sound like the TV point is not working. Are you close to your neighbour or family/friend/relative who stay nearby ? Bring your 21" TV to their TV point to test out.
    Thanks for the advices. I discover the following..

1. I got to wait for about 30sec, after switching on the main.. before I use the remote or on the TV manually... to warm up the TV?
    2. If I did not wait.. the channel will go off... then I had to rescan the channel again
    3. It is the Starhub cable point . and I notice that Channel 5 & 8 are not stable but 'U' is OK.. looks like VHF is not OK and UHF is OK!

Is this a good reason to tell the manufacturer that the TV needs some form of repair? Accordingly to the user manual, this is due to the unstable voltage... but not in Singapore right?

Thanks for the advices. I discover the following..

1. I got to wait for about 30sec, after switching on the main.. before I use the remote or on the TV manually... to warm up the TV?
    2. If I did not wait.. the channel will go off... then I had to rescan the channel again
    3. It is the Starhub cable point . and I notice that Channel 5 & 8 are not stable but 'U' is OK.. looks like VHF is not OK and UHF is OK!

Is this a good reason to tell the manufacturer that the TV needs some form of repair? Accordingly to the user manual, this is due to the unstable voltage... but not in Singapore right?
    Just to close the chapter. After 4 changes, I finally got the one that is working properly after monitoring for one week!

Thank you for those who took time to reply.

Great job to all!

Yappy & finally happy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12