Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tv Channel Refused To Register/save

Default Tv Channel Refused To Register/save

Hi all,

I need help.

Recently, I bought a LCD TV 32".

After doing a auto scan, the TV failed to save the channel selected.

The vendor was kind enough to change two TV sets. It still failed to save the channels.

What can be the problem? How to resolve the problem?

Thanks for the help!!!1

Default Re: Tv Channel Refused To Register/save

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Hi all,

I need help.

After doing a auto scan, the TV failed to save the channel selected.

The vendor was kind enough to change two TV sets. It still failed to save the channels.

What can be the problem? How to resolve the problem?

Thanks for the help!!!1
    wat brand? next time i dun buy...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Thanks... a technical issue. Need to resolve them. Any help?

There's no helpdesk from the brand itself? Think they are in a best position to advise you.

Give them a call.

have you tried to read the manual? usually it will explain it.

Thanks for the advice. They had changed the TV twice but they could not offer me a good answer. They claimed that htey could not repeat what happened at their workshop....

Tell them to prove to you otherwise that the TV set is working properly, else get them to refund you for it.

They were very helpful and the GM came to my house the last time... but nothing seem to work!.

sigh!

Maybe I should return the set and asked for a refund!

Quote Originally Posted by Lmodel View Post
    There's no helpdesk from the brand itself? Think they are in a best position to advise you.

Give them a call.
    I called them so many times until the staff could recognise my voice.. sigh!~

I have some feedbacks..

1. The TV signal at my place wasn't good! But my old faithful 21" TV does the job very well.
    2 The EPROM of the TV is not keeping the channed set.... components fault or? But after changing 2 TV sets?

Did you do an Auto Preset or a Manual Preset?

The Auto might not lock the frequency if signal is not strong enough. Therefore, you might need to do a Manual preset to get the best possible frequency strength which you deemed best.

Before I forgot, which type of antenna cable did you actually use? There are basically 2 different types, one with a smaller core while the other with a bigger one.

The latter provides better signal strength and suits more for newer TV sets (I encountered some signal problem when I changed my TV previously oso).

Smile Re: Tv Channel Refused To Register/save

i think you can claim that the tv pruchased is not of merchantable quality. Demand for full refund in writing. help the rest of us by letting us know the brand via pm, if you are not comfortable to broadcast it.

Did you do an Auto Preset or a Manual Preset?

The Auto might not lock the frequency if signal is not strong enough. Therefore, you might need to do a Manual preset to get the best possible frequency strength which you deemed best.

Actually it works. But the preset disappear when you switch/power off the TV set.

I will try manual preset. Thanks......

Before I forgot, which type of antenna cable did you actually use? There are basically 2 different types, one with a smaller core while the other with a bigger one.

The latter provides better signal strength and suits more for newer TV sets (I encountered some signal problem when I changed my TV previously oso).
    I think it is the one with a smaller core. I have seen those with bigger core. As I had said earlier, the preset will be there until you switched/power off the TV fully.

Just wonder why when it works with my older TV even with indoor antena. New technology?????

Thanks for your advice!

Actually it works. But the preset disappear when you switch/power off the TV set.

I will try manual preset. Thanks......
    if preset disappear after you switch off is definitely a product fault already, not anything about the signal or wat... its the internal battery got problem... think its a batch problem... or your home is a TV killer... 1 come 1 die... maybe check your earthing...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    i think you can claim that the tv pruchased is not of merchantable quality. Demand for full refund in writing. help the rest of us by letting us know the brand via pm, if you are not comfortable to broadcast it.
    Thank you for the note... just remember don't go for cheap sale!

Yap

Thanks for the advice. They had changed the TV twice but they could not offer me a good answer. They claimed that htey could not repeat what happened at their workshop....
    They were very helpful and the GM came to my house the last time... but nothing seem to work!.

sigh!

Maybe I should return the set and asked for a refund!
    You should ask their serviceperson to come to your house and perform the autoscan+save for you. Then turn off and on to see if it works. At your home. In front of their serviceperson. If it works after that, , and if not, the serviceperson needs to answer for it. If he/she really has no idea, then a return/refund should be in order...

Hi all,

I need help.

what is the Brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    if preset disappear after you switch off is definitely a product fault already, not anything about the signal or wat... its the internal battery got problem... think its a batch problem... or your home is a TV killer... 1 come 1 die... maybe check your earthing...
    Hi thanks... I check and i found that the MCBs are 'A' rated. Should I change the wiring for the whole house or???? only that particular line.

I had tripping problem often especially when there is lightning. The question is why do my old TV has no such problem? Can I say that the newly designed TV is more sensitive and thus they are easily affected by thing such as earth leakage?

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    what is the Brand?

Sorry not fair to the company. I must establish the fact before I release the brand name. from the feedback, I notice that there are many possibilities/reasons. It would be my fault. need to know more from all...

Thank you .... please con't to help and advise!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast