Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kranji war memorial

Default Re: Kranji war memorial

PLS.. STOP ARGUING. e photgrapher may see what you dont see, you must see through the photographers mind, something like art, I can just put up a total white poster and says its art, it defines space. But some of you will say, it has no composition. what is this? howcan a blank pice of paper be an art, but in the fact it is art. same goes to photography. To me the photographer above is trying to potray the tombstone and the flower, may be trying to say someone put a flower there for the decese, and please if give critique u must give people on your points of views that the photo will stands out.

didnt you just re emphasize my point?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lim View Post
    didnt you just re emphasize my point?
    yes he did!

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence View Post
    PLS.. STOP ARGUING. e photgrapher may see what you dont see, you must see through the photographers mind, something like art, I can just put up a total white poster and says its art, it defines space. But some of you will say, it has no composition. what is this? howcan a blank pice of paper be an art, but in the fact it is art. same goes to photography. To me the photographer above is trying to potray the tombstone and the flower, may be trying to say someone put a flower there for the decese, and please if give critique u must give people on your points of views that the photo will stands out.
    Who is arguing?

And how do you see someone's mind?

And is this dialogue not art too?

Can you see it?
    Last edited by espion; 13th February 2007 at 02:58 PM.

Are you providing the TS with firmer grounds to further improve?
    Yes, if you can see it.

You said the competition needs it and not the photograph? Now that is a pretty funny statement ...
    I see you have an uncommon sense of humour.

If i presented an abstract piece for critique with no write up on what the image is about at all. Can you give me a proper critique based on the image which i had intended to portray or can you just base it on simple personal preferances leaning towards the technicalities of how the image was shot?
    Let me see your "abstract piece".

Once again, we see what we see.

If you want someone to see what you see, then you too have to step into your viewer's mind. It is a level playing field. If you do not - or cannot - then viewer will see what they see, and no worst off for it.
    Last edited by espion; 13th February 2007 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by espion View Post
    Yes.

Please do such a presentation and let me see.

Once again, we see what we see.

If you want someone to see what you see, then you too have to step into your viewer's mind. It is a level playing field. If you do not or cannot then viewer will see what they see, and no worst off for it.
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=258513

Let me know ur artistic interpretation with full technical critique on this piece. For the record, i see something in this.

why technical? are u asking for critique or technical analysis?

Quote Originally Posted by espion View Post
    why technical? are u asking for critique or technical analysis?
    if you have to critique a piece of art with a personal preference or personal biasness then aren't you proving my point that you are not seeing the piece in which the artist has presented it in? Rather then a piece of art that is presented as it is?
    Last edited by Chris Lim; 13th February 2007 at 03:34 PM.

so go read my critique, and tell me if it is merely technical or something I impose into the picture and corrupting the photographer's intent or his sight. and then tell me if it is a personal biasness or not. and in any case even if it is art, there is such as bad art.

Quote Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
    comments pls.
    your title states 'Kranji war memorial'

as a convenient title, it's there to indicate the place this shot was made.

as a qualitative title, the picture fails to communicate your idea of Kranji War Memorial.

why?

because there's no relationship between the flower and the place. the image of this flower
    is not capable of becoming a representative object that's specifically associated with the
    place, the flower is not culturally associated with the place.

i see a major misunderstanding in the exchanges. no one's wrong here.
    but i think everyone needs to take a step back to cool off abit.
    indulge your senses abit, go have a nice cold beer (or juice if you don't
    take alcohol) cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12