Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920232843 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 1001

Thread: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

  1. #341

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    the beast looks garang!!! wonder if still need to use 2 buttons at the same time when operating.
    yes... however, there's no need to keep pressing the buttons.

    From whitepaper:
    "With the older EOS-1D series cameras, the basic shooting operation logic consisted of
    holding down a button and turning the Main Dial or Quick Control Dial to select a setting.
    However, with the EOS-1D Mark III, when you press a button, it remains active for a while
    so you can let it go and then turn a dial to set something. Also, the three buttons on the
    top left of the camera accept double pressing. You can therefore set something (except
    AEB) with just one button."
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  2. #342
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    yes... however, there's no need to keep pressing the buttons.

    From whitepaper:
    "With the older EOS-1D series cameras, the basic shooting operation logic consisted of
    holding down a button and turning the Main Dial or Quick Control Dial to select a setting.
    However, with the EOS-1D Mark III, when you press a button, it remains active for a while
    so you can let it go and then turn a dial to set something. Also, the three buttons on the
    top left of the camera accept double pressing. You can therefore set something (except
    AEB) with just one button."
    Sounds cheem

  3. #343
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Sounds cheem
    u will know when u buy one....

  4. #344

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Sounds cheem
    yeah... one of the reason why I didn't really seriously considered the the 1 series before this.

    This and the NiMh batt. Now both are addressed, time to save and buy.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  5. #345
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    yeah... one of the reason why I didn't really seriously considered the the 1 series before this.

    This and the NiMh batt. Now both are addressed, time to save and buy.
    Like some cheem puzzle. Makes my camera sound so easy to operate.

  6. #346
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Like some cheem puzzle. Makes my camera sound so easy to operate.
    ... you sure? .. there are features in the mk2 that makes it a breeze just to get that shot you always wanted ... wanna buy?

  7. #347
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    yeah... one of the reason why I didn't really seriously considered the the 1 series before this.

    This and the NiMh batt. Now both are addressed, time to save and buy.
    The question still remains whether the AI Servo during continuous drive issue still remains or is it fixed or will there be another issue since the AI Servo mechanism is somewhat changed with 2 custom fn ...

  8. #348
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    u will know when u buy one....
    Buy 1 already cannot go back to the xxD series..

  9. #349

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Like some cheem puzzle. Makes my camera sound so easy to operate.
    It's to prevent accidental changing of parameters. Juz experienced yesterday...haiz.

    But the way the implement it previously was makes the system a Klutz to operate.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  10. #350

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    The question still remains whether the AI Servo during continuous drive issue still remains or is it fixed or will there be another issue since the AI Servo mechanism is somewhat changed with 2 custom fn ...
    dun understand

    AI servo got issue meh? But I know now they have only 19 selectable AF points, all cross type for lenses f2.8 or faster. And they have followed Nikon in grouping of AF points.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  11. #351

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    Buy 1 already cannot go back to the xxD series..
    cuz lose a lot of $$$ if you downgrade.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  12. #352
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    ... you sure? .. there are features in the mk2 that makes it a breeze just to get that shot you always wanted ... wanna buy?
    No money...

  13. #353
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    dun understand

    AI servo got issue meh? But I know now they have only 19 selectable AF points, all cross type for lenses f2.8 or faster. And they have followed Nikon in grouping of AF points.
    For the mk2 ... there's a known issue that when you fire the barrage of 8fps, some of the shots would be OOF ... Garion knows about this.. on his set, it does happen... but strangely... mine doesn't.

    Whether this will still happen (or get worse) on the mk3 is a question that remains to be answered.

    Yes, i've realised they followed the nikon way of grouping including the front/nearby object tracking feature. Gosh ... the rate these buggers evolve really scary.
    Last edited by dEthANGeL; 22nd February 2007 at 08:48 PM.

  14. #354
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    cuz lose a lot of $$$ if you downgrade.
    True ... but not that much. got other things coming ... so got to save... probably the MkIV then maybe it'll be time for an upgrade.

  15. #355
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    No money...
    Save save save ... i saved 2 years for my xiao bai

  16. #356
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    Save save save ... i saved 2 years for my xiao bai
    Sekali by the time already considered antique...

  17. #357
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Sekali by the time already considered antique...
    Won't la ... anyway there's always the F4L IS if you're a canon user

  18. #358

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    For the mk2 ... there's a known issue that when you fire the barrage of 8fps, some of the shots would be OOF ... Garion knows about this.. on his set, it does happen... but strangely... mine doesn't.

    Whether this will still happen (or get worse) on the mk3 is a question that remains to be answered.

    Yes, i've realised they followed the nikon way of grouping including the front/nearby object tracking feature. Gosh ... the rate these buggers evolve really scary.
    OIC. issit only happens to the first frame or those in bewteen?

    Anyway, still wondering why no pellicle mirror.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

  19. #359
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    OIC. issit only happens to the first frame or those in bewteen?

    Anyway, still wondering why no pellicle mirror.
    It happens to those shots in between. Garion experienced this problem during the wakeboard event last year.

    Maybe cos of the way the AF and sensors are positioned

  20. #360
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: 8 Milo peng per second ... Thread XIV - Engines warming up ...

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    It happens to those shots in between. Garion experienced this problem during the wakeboard event last year.

    Maybe cos of the way the AF and sensors are positioned
    Why leh?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •