Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who plays R/C cars here ?

Default Who plays R/C cars here ?

I think there is a link between R/C cars, planted aquarias and photography. Anyone does R/C cars here ? I myself run a good old, Hyper 7 and frequent turf city.

For those who love cars, u must love these beauties too.

Who plays ? and whats your ride ?

Default Re: Who plays R/C cars here ?

Quote Originally Posted by marcwang View Post
    I think there is a link between R/C cars, planted aquarias and photography. Anyone does R/C cars here ? I myself run a good old, Hyper 7 and frequent turf city.

Me Me mini Z RC

use to..both electric and nitro......its really fun!

like your 2nd shot.!

Quote Originally Posted by marcwang View Post

I agree with you./

I am into planted aquaria, photography. And was thinking of RC
    hahaha

I got an electric 3D heli sitting on my shelf.

Nice panned shots.

Wouldn't mind coming out to watch you drive.

This is my latest R/C acquisition - I've toned down a lot in the last 3 years though.

i got inferno ...but in store room for sometime...

Quote Originally Posted by r32 View Post
    Wouldn't mind coming out to watch you drive.

This is my latest R/C acquisition - I've toned down a lot in the last 3 years though.

SOmehow, looks like a rally supra. Looking to meet up sometime

Recently purchase a 1/10 on-road nitro.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

mine is a yokomo work91 elec 1/10 legend model

Talking Re: Who plays R/C cars here ?

Woo hoo! After 20 years of waiting (last time my parents won't get me one), I've finally got myself a set!

Apart from changing the plastic bearings to sealed metal ones, all other parts are original stock. Not enough money, lah. A few more pics here. Pardon the low quality. Used a digi-compact. Too lazy to take out DSLR to shoot.

Wow, Tamiya TT-01... wah, this series has got finished body... how nice... how much does it cost now? Since Tamiya agent changed to Stargek, i find the price more expensive than last time... I used to play with TA-01, TA-02 & TA-03... now stopped completely.

Heh. Yah. Finished body. I was thinking of even getting the XB Pro series, not because I lazy (ok, partially true lah), but more because I thought I won't have time to assemble it. However, as they say, half the fun is in building it. But still, painting the body would be troublesome, lah. (I also used to build static models). Prices have certainly increased. I remember a time when the Catalogue was five bucks, now $15!

I got it as a package deal from that shop at FE Plaza.

Car
    Sanwa Blazer II gun controller
    + 8x AA alkaline
    1800mAh Venom batt pack
    (some cheap charger)
    Full bearning set

Total: $355

It's great to re-live a 2nd childhood!

Oh i see... I think now is roughly 10 years from my Tamiya R/C car days when i had TA-01 - TA-03, Clodbuster (which later it became Bullhead). I remember the Tamiya catalogue as abt $8 then, then increased to $12... now $15 liao? Ai yo...

Last time those TA-01, TA-02 & TA-03 car kit cost abt $210 - $240. My last is a TA-03R belt drive kit 4wd... i had a few body shell, i loved them, Nissan Skyline GT-R R32, MB 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2, Porsche 911 Carrera RS.

Then later i stopped toying with this car & bought a Tamiya 4wd jeep, Isuzu Mu... it's a lot of fun... Lastly before i gave up all my R/C stuff, my last car is a 1/12 scale car if you put on a touring car body, but it becomes a 1/10 scale Mini Cooper is you put on the Tamiya Mini Cooper body... it is full carbon fibre chassis, full ball bearing & twin belt 4WD. Very fast.

If yours is $355 for everything... not too bad... not too expensive yet... i mean gas cars are really expensive i think...

I would prefer to do up the polycarbonate body shell myself... I'd love to... last time i also make 1/24 Tamiya plastic scale model cars.

Now looking & reading abt this thread makes me feel like buyinging one too... but i had enough of this TA03 or TT-01 type of chassis with an on-road car body... think i'll like a 4WD buggy or truck (but not a monster truck as it will be really expensive). I saw from the Tamiya home page, something like Dirt Thrasher, Blazing Star, BAJA Champ, Stadium Raider or Rising Storm is wat i'm interested to get...
    Last edited by wrx_sti_22b; 14th March 2007 at 04:58 AM.

I went to recce for R/C cars... went back to Winnie at Orchard Plaza... she looks almost the same as 10 yrs ago... a bit more trendy even, looks younger becoz of the more trendy styling... we talked a bit, she asked me how many years never play liao... I told her abt 11 yrs i didn't play liao... sold off everything... becoz i came into this thread & saw photos & discussion, i have the urge to start again...

She told me now the trend, is 'drifting cars', influence by real drifting motorsports & movies... then she showed me the tyres & wheels that are used...

then i saw many of the Tamiya kits featured 'finished body'... geez... i certainly won't buy a finished body car... i like to make myself a nice nice one... i still have the skill i suppose...

I told her i had enough of 4wd touring cars... now am looking at 4wd (never 2wd, feels so low tech) buggy... looking thru the web pages... I saw that Tamiya DF-02 & DF-03 chassis kits interests me...

I m still running a V-one-R ... But i still got alot of work to be be done before i can run that Baby..

Hehehe,i own Tamiya TG-10R, STORM buggy,Kyosho VR n Dominator monster truck.. Mostly bought from wennie at Orchard Rd.

Hanging on the "wall of fame" in my room....

MP-5
    MP-6 International
    Monster Pirate
    Picco Integra 1/10
    Picco Integra 1/8
    Serpent Vector 1/8
    Serpent Impulse 1/10
    Associated Team Truck 1/10

i Like Benn Better .. ahah a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast