Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people bother to shoot events ?

Default Re: Why do people bother to shoot events ?

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    with all these most passionate photographers at the malls....

we the professionals are being label as money face, no money no talk, passionless, heartless photographers! very stress leh.

so envy the have so many free time to shoot all these type of event, so free to post photos, many areas to demonstrate their passions!! .........so envy.........
    But you have passion in your bank accounts that clients deposit big cheques.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman View Post
    got meh, i dun and never do that in public, pron down all the way, shoot the underwear etc........ahahahahhahaha
    You "landscape shooter" also same lah. Shooting mountains from high up. Somemore can see valleys one.

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain View Post
    .....you want to chase gals, show them your balls and be upfront....
    You won't get caught by the police doing that in a shopping mall in front of the models meh??

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    You won't get caught by the police doing that in a shopping mall in front of the models meh??
    mayb they hav electric flr swat w/ them? whoever dare show some balls will b really stunned!

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain View Post
    Spent more time wanking infront of your computers boys, its cheaper.
    Wouldn't the keyboard be a bit messy?

Quote Originally Posted by bowwow View Post
    wah! serious, got one time saw this guy even got time to take out angle finder prone on the floor in a mall for a fashion event!

maybe his camera got medium-format-wannabe syndrome??..
    His eyes can't see straight lah.

Have pity on him. It's a birth defect.

maybe can show them in camera LCD?? anything went wrong can just hit delete bottom.

"piss... hey, I like to show you something......nice??"

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    I believe majority of the event shooters never approach the model or shooting subject for phone number etc, so please don't use this incident to damage the reputation for the rest of the photographers. But I do sense the some pro here seem to be hostile toward event shooter???

May be to us it's a hobby, to them is their rice bowl.
    There is a difference. Before shooting:

A Pro will ask, "This shot can make money or not?"

An amateur will ask, "This shot will get slammed by Dead Poet in CS or not?"

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    bro, i liked your response earlier in the thread. i also see from the pix u post that you don't shoot only events, you try everything, animals, birds, insects, landscapes, so it's clear that to you it is about the experience of photography, not getting to know girls. and your pix have been getting better and better too.

as far as this thread goes, my suggestion is, don't get further involved lah. just let ppl from both sides say what they want to say. nothing good can come out of it.
    Thanks bro , for your advice also. This may be intended to be a bashing thread in some individual's mind

There is a difference. Before shooting:

A Pro will ask, "This shot can make money or not?"

An amateur will ask, "This shot will get slammed by Dead Poet in CS or not?"

Luckily DP don't visit Ready, Light, Action! forum much

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post

Luckily DP don't visit Ready, Light, Action! forum much
    best dun post anything...no pics...no problem
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

well it makes for good exercise to carry lots of equipment around lol This is the kind of people that you do not want to see around, taken yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    well it makes for good exercise to carry lots of equipment around lol This is the kind of people that you do not want to see around, taken yesterday.

At least those in front are considerate.. all sit down and shoot..
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    At least those in front are considerate.. all sit down and shoot..
    yeah but vid cams at that angle are not appropriate. squatting down to get that angle, and bashing their way out when done.

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post

Where is the subject of their attention leh? NPNT!!

Well in the land of the rising sun anything goes, so its not surprising to see such stuffs..

Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    Where is the subject of their attention leh? NPNT!!

Well in the land of the rising sun anything goes, so its not surprising to see such stuffs..
    Garion, need me to enlighten you meh?

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    To each his own.

Nothing wrong with shooting events, insect , wedding , buildings etc , as long it does not create inconvenience to the public.
    Agree, that's the purpose of photography, to shoot anything that catches one's interest. I'm not afraid to admit that I used to shoot at events too, just for the fun of it and to "exercise shutter", so to speak. Its a good cure for "itchy shutter finger" syndrome especially during the wet season, as most events are held indoors.

I do feel some photographers are selfish when they bring their precious ladder and place right in front of the crowd, blocking the rest of the people behind them.
    That I agree. I feel such event photographers are really too much. Its becoming a bit too extreme nowdays, these ladders and choping places and what not. Once I saw at a Sping in the City event at Raffles City Shopping Mall, a whole row of photogs standing on ladders just in front of the stage! If you are normal passers-by standing behind, you can't even view the entire performance! That was how bad it was. There was a wheel-chair bound chap behind them trying to view the show, of course the photogs did not notice him coz their attention was riveted on the stage, and eventually he gave up after a while and wheeled himself away. Sad isn't it?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    Agree, that's the purpose of photography, to shoot anything that catches one's interest. I'm not afraid to admit that I used to shoot at events too, just for the fun of it and to "exercise shutter", so to speak. Its a good cure for "itchy shutter finger" syndrome especially during the wet season, as most events are held indoors.

That I agree. I feel such event photographers are really too much. Its becoming a bit too extreme nowdays, these ladders and choping places and what not. Once I saw at a Sping in the City event at Raffles City Shopping Mall, a whole row of photogs standing on ladders just in front of the stage! If you are normal passers-by standing behind, you can't even view the entire performance! That was how bad it was. There was a wheel-chair bound chap behind them trying to view the show, of course the photogs did not notice him coz their attention was riveted on the stage, and eventually he gave up after a while and wheeled himself away. Sad isn't it?
    haha...those people where got ethics...they dun care...they get their shots can already...why bother whether people in wheelchair can see a not...they have forgotten that less mobile people exist in society...

It is important to have respect for what we do and respect for what others do. Some may do it for passion and some may do it for a living. Some may have better lens and some may have only the standard ones.

There may be some bad sheeps that put event photography in a bad light but there shouldn't be a need to sterotype everyone who is doing event photography.

As for having artistic value to event photography, there are also some possibilities to it. Emotional fans hugging their idol (eg. emotional teary fans adoring Michael Jackson) and the quirky expression that stars put up at awards are some examples. It takes a good observant eye and sometimes luck to capture these expression.

Example of quirky expression?
    http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/even...kyEM_lE.z.WccF

The following is the url to grammy award:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/sm/even...0706grammy/p:1

If we were to compare to overseas photographers who covered events such as fashion, shows, awards. They are very well respected for what they do. Some of these photographers might have even better equipments and longer lens.

Lastly, just my thoughts. It is important to do what you enjoy doing what you do whether it is for a living or for passion but definitely not at the price of inconvenient another.

Oh well.. right/wrong , fair/unfair, when we point a finger at others, many of them are
    pointed at ourselves. No one is perfect.. saying nasty things would not help the situation.
    Something interesting i found on the net....

Sin, in the garden of Eden, created a monster called "happiness" that literally consumes
    people. To "be happy" is to have everything and everyone act the way that I want them to act.
    To be "unhappy" is to wish that I could make everything that disagrees with me to "un-happen,"
    or cease to exist. It is to earnestly desire to have everything and everybody line up in the
    way that I want them to so I can get everything I desire.
    Unquote
    "He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."- Jim Elliot

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast