Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people bother to shoot events ?

Default Re: Why do people bother to shoot events ?

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    oi, you very stress ah?
    with all these most passionate photographers at the malls....

we the professionals are being label as money face, no money no talk, passionless, heartless photographers! very stress leh.

so envy the have so many free time to shoot all these type of event, so free to post photos, many areas to demonstrate their passions!! .........so envy.........
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    with all these most passionate photographers at the malls....

we the professionals are being label as money face, no money no talk, passionless, heartless photographers! very stress leh.

so envy the have so many free time to shoot all these type of event, so free to post photos, many areas to demonstrate their passions!! .........so envy.........
    they have more expensive gear than you also leh, you cham lah you ...

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you also do the same, mi ke ke!
    got meh, i dun and never do that in public, pron down all the way, shoot the underwear etc........ahahahahhahaha

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    just curious then, how about those people who shoot insects....

R the insects going to pay them for the shots? Or give the photog their contact number? Why do people shoot insect then?

Seriously, it is more reasonable to shoot chiobus then insects.

I don't shoot events or shoot insect. I did try to shoot a tree and got weird stares from passerbys until I gave up.

The only time I can shoot without feeling uncomfortable is when I am on tour overseas

I see some of your are working wedding photogs, but the comments you make are not very friendly. I thinking a wedding photog personality is very impt. Maybe one face to clients, another face to everybody else.

different, the ppl are lust abt backsides, chest etc, womens wearing less will make them shoot at alot of angles, u try shoot insect macro, see how then come back here,

hey, guys .... can i say pple doing this due to hobby, something they enjoy, not wrong right? to me as long as dun inconvenience the watching public and the offical...oya..is the ladder n lens carry assistant necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    just curious then, how about those people who shoot insects....

R the insects going to pay them for the shots? Or give the photog their contact number? Why do people shoot insect then?

Seriously, it is more reasonable to shoot chiobus then insects.

I don't shoot events or shoot insect. I did try to shoot a tree and got weird stares from passerbys until I gave up.

The only time I can shoot without feeling uncomfortable is when I am on tour overseas

I see some of your are working wedding photogs, but the comments you make are not very friendly. I thinking a wedding photog personality is very impt. Maybe one face to clients, another face to everybody else.
    yeah, that's right! passion for chio bu!

the only person shoot insects everyday is ortega!!

but I don't think even ortega also can't hold a candle to these passionate photographers,
    buy big gun,
    bring ladder,
    go early early to chop places,
    report everyday,

some pros ever tell me, these photographers ought to be worship, treat them like gods, cos they are so passionate....

I believe majority of the event shooters never approach the model or shooting subject for phone number etc, so please don't use this incident to damage the reputation for the rest of the photographers. But I do sense the some pro here seem to be hostile toward event shooter???

May be to us it's a hobby, to them is their rice bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain View Post
    all are photographers, one should respect each other.......................

please stop acting like fools and think when you carry all that stuff to shoot for free, ppl all respect you and like trade shows and start taking it like your own model shoot, its really really a laughing stock for lots of other people.

you dun understand that lots of mall goers are pointing and laughing at you jokers especially people of the trade (real photographers).

and if you think your camera and big mama lenses can attract models and let you befriend them, please be a man! you you want to chase gals, show them your balls and be upfront, dun use your camera as a tool, really disgusting and laughable.

yup i seen it all, cos my gang are shoppers, we like to shop and when we work pass an event show, we all snigger in laugher how you clowns spend so much time, money and effort and degrade real professional photographers who need an REAL income to cover their jobs.

oh btw, your the shots you guys put up, for what? real event org dun call 2 hoots the portfolio you presented, you want a REAL job? networking will get you further.

You think models will fall in love with you cos you can take a picture or 2? DREAM ON BROTHERS! Gals got more brains than you guys more spare money and time.

You think you can be a REAL photographer? DREAM ON! you can already shoot for free, what makes you think you can make a living out for it?

you think its your passion and hobby, YAYAYAYA....... and the story goes di da di da di, lots of booshit. Spent more time wanking infront of your computers boys, its cheaper.

for all the time i resisted making personal comments of sort for years but these for, wannabees, really makes my day.

bloody well said!!!!
    --- the only constant is evolution and change ---
    --- the only solution is adaptation ---

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman View Post
    got meh, i dun and never do that in public, pron down all the way, shoot the underwear etc........ahahahahhahaha
    wah! serious, got one time saw this guy even got time to take out angle finder prone on the floor in a mall for a fashion event!

maybe his camera got medium-format-wannabe syndrome??..
    Last edited by bowwow; 12th February 2007 at 09:27 AM.
    --- the only constant is evolution and change ---
    --- the only solution is adaptation ---

To each his own.

Nothing wrong with shooting events, insect , wedding , buildings etc , as long it does not create inconvenience to the public.

I do feel some photographers are selfish when they bring their precious ladder and place right in front of the crowd, blocking the rest of the people behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    I believe majority of the event shooters never approach the model or shooting subject for phone number etc, so please don't use this incident to damage the reputation for the rest of the photographers. But I do sense the some pro here seem to be hostile toward event shooter???

May be to us it's a hobby, to them is their rice bowl.
    yea!! that's right, is all about passion for photography, please tell me know who ever hug their rice bowls and sleep at night?? nobody right??

if someone ask me to shoot this event...
    buy big gun? no way!
    bring ladder? no way!
    go early early to chop places? no way!
    report everyday? no way!

shoot for free some more?? what?? you siao har??? I'm so free meh??

so all these photographers got to be admired, cos they are so passionate.

While I do not agree with the actions of those photogs, I do believe that we need to back off a little and reserve some of our more strong comments.

Each of us goes thru a cycle when it comes to our passion/hobby. They are going thru theirs. Eventually some of them will back down and do something else like landscape, macros, or nudes for that matter. To each his own.

We should be grateful, cos ultimately, those equipment will make it to our B&S here.
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    These people have a certain look about them. Usually, I don't notice them... but my wife pointed it out to me once, and then it became quite apparent. They have a certain geeky look about them. I say this at the risk of being flamed... but I'm just trying to describe it as accurately as I can, and the purpose is not to offend anyone.

What I think is... these people have a problem expressing themselves under normal circumstance. These events offer them an opportunity to get close to women (who are generally better looking since they are models) and take images of them. Sometimes, it gives them the opportunity to get close to them by offering to take their pictures... Without their cameras, this would have been inconceivable.

Why big guns? With big guns, they can get closer visually.
    I'm so gonna be unpopular for saying this, but I share the same sentiments as your wife, lol. I just thought it wasn't so nice to point it out in a photography forum. My GF once told me the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by michhy View Post
    I'm so gonna be unpopular for saying this, but I share the same sentiments as your wife, lol. I just thought it wasn't so nice to point it out in a photography forum. My GF once told me the same thing!
    that's is call mojo.

yeah! baby! yeah!!

click! click! (shutter firing sound)

c'mon! baby! c'mon! yeah!!

click! click!! click!! (shutter firing sound)

hahhahahhahh!

Quote Originally Posted by marcwang View Post
    Everytime there is an event, be it a small scale fashion show, or a autograph signing session by channel u, or NTUC fairprice launch a new product, there will be a huge group of amateurs lugging their huge lenses, some with ladders, some with fancy flash gun mounts, some with SBO, some with flash pointing skywards when there is no ceiling crowding in front of the stage wacking 3 frames per second. Sometimes these events only got photographers, no people watching. I mean, seriously, why bother ?
    photography is a hobby mah. do whatever that 's relaxing, fun to them

like i dun understand why people take pic of insects too. but to someone else, it is fun . hee

Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    While I do not agree with the actions of those photogs, I do believe that we need to back off a little and reserve some of our more strong comments.

Each of us goes thru a cycle when it comes to our passion/hobby. They are going thru theirs. Eventually some of them will back down and do something else like landscape, macros, or nudes for that matter. To each his own.

We should be grateful, cos ultimately, those equipment will make it to our B&S here.
    yep u are right. they go thru a cycle but some seems to recycle for a long time. year in and year out..same group of people and shooting the same performers everyday. chope place 3 hrs before the event. e.g. spring in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    yep u are right. they go thru a cycle but some seems to recycle for a long time. year in and year out..same group of people and shooting the same performers everyday. chope place 3 hrs before the event. e.g. spring in the city.
    no, no, no,
    they are very passionate,
    young at heart, forever young!!!

you can't beat them!!

hahhahahha!!

spend hours waiting to shoot birds..
    lose sleep to shoot sunrise...
    annoy your mommy to shoot her expensive cutletries and glasswares..
    pay $ to shoot overseas landscapes, models..
    squat for hours at shopping centres to shoot fashion shows..
    breaking your backs to shooot insects and small stuff.....

only hobbyist will do such..

whatever that makes them happy cos they get wat they want.

of cos, being considerate is a good thing to do.
    Last edited by razor; 12th February 2007 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    bro, i liked your response earlier in the thread. i also see from the pix u post that you don't shoot only events, you try everything, animals, birds, insects, landscapes, so it's clear that to you it is about the experience of photography, not getting to know girls. and your pix have been getting better and better too.

as far as this thread goes, my suggestion is, don't get further involved lah. just let ppl from both sides say what they want to say. nothing good can come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post

1 ups for moderation. i believe some r in a stage of their learning curve. so jus go shoot things to familiarize w/ their cam. sometimes jus let them b dun hav 2 degrade them till like low class newbies.

i was once a dude who oso shoot models at cars shows. now more keen on old shophses, got more character den pretty faces.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast