Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people bother to shoot events ?

Default Re: Why do people bother to shoot events ?

During the coming IT show .. 8-11 March
    I can cfm something will happen. Cos i will be working there

1st day : shoot the model

2nd day : shoot the same model again, show her some prints, give her some prints *model so delighted + build rapport*

3rd day : shoot the same model somemore, show her some new prints and give her some new prints + get her contact number

4th day : pose with her *both showing v-signs*

on the current day or next day change my avatar to the pic taken with the model and post >50pics in CS !!!

Mission Accomplished
    Last edited by simon80; 11th February 2007 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by simon80 View Post

2nd day : shoot the same model again, show her some prints, give her some prints *model so delighted + build rapport*

3rd day : shoot the same model somemore, show her some new prints and give her some new prints + get her contact number

hahahhaha!! this really cracks me up. but i have to agree with marcwang.. i was just popping by raffles city yesterday meeting some clients and jeez. half an hour before show starts, i see about 2 rows of photographers forming.. some ladders.. soon after, i saw a medium format as well..

maybe some of those guys shooting there can enlighten me about spring in the city...

sure? u really sure? ppl bring medium format to shoot?

on the current day or next day change my avatar to the pic taken with the model and post >50pics in CS !!!

Mission Accomplished

sometimes they really make ppl holding cameras looks so cheap and bad.

their only motivation is not photography but womens.

To all the event shooters:

Ignore this thread. Keep doing what you enjoy. Shoot more and you will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman View Post
    sure? u really sure? ppl bring medium format to shoot?
    i'm not kidding u. i saw it yesterday. 1pm show if i'm not wrong. the spring in the city event.
    i also saw 1 series there too.
    makes me even more confused what's so special about the event..

Quote Originally Posted by drumma View Post
    i'm not kidding u. i saw it yesterday. 1pm show if i'm not wrong. the spring in the city event.
    it the same obession as u are with mouths....diff kind of interests but deep down it all the same...
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    To all the event shooters:

Ignore this thread. Keep doing what you enjoy. Shoot more and you will improve.
    Yes, agree with you!!

shoot free event! Passion!!

bring big gun! Passion!!++

bring ladder! Passion!!+++

Post photos in ClubSnap Passion!!++++

Post tons of photos in ClubSnap!! Passion!!+++++

shoot free events are passion for photography!!!

yeah!! baby yeah!! hahhahahhahhah

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Mission Accomplished
    Sounds familiar.. heh.
    Black Rabbit Photography
    DeviantArt | Multiply | Flickr

Mission Accomplished
    like this???

Well, I don't know about other, but I think I do improve my pathetic skill over time after numerous event shooting. Well, I am not good enough for people to pay me to shoot, but I did enjoy shooting events, viewing and posting the photos. And though these events shoot, I get to know more photogarphy buddies, discussing skill, learn new tricks etc.

I think people like to spend their precious time in doing what they like, whether it's consider productive or not, as long as they think it's worth it, they will do it.

Different people are may have different interests and thinking, just like I don't actually understand why people asking why bother to shoot events??? May be they give event photography a try then they will know or understand why some like it, or they may well never understand. As individuals are different.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman View Post
    sometimes they really make ppl holding cameras looks so cheap and bad.

their only motivation is not photography but womens.
    Photography is about life.
    Life is about women.
    Without events Nikon and Canon close shop long time.

Quote Originally Posted by drumma View Post
    4pm one got this guy, bring 2 step "ladder" go right infront with a 30D and a 70-200L IS...

got this guy, lug 2x 1 series...

all are photographers, one should respect each other.......................

please stop acting like fools and think when you carry all that stuff to shoot for free, ppl all respect you and like trade shows and start taking it like your own model shoot, its really really a laughing stock for lots of other people.

you dun understand that lots of mall goers are pointing and laughing at you jokers especially people of the trade (real photographers).

and if you think your camera and big mama lenses can attract models and let you befriend them, please be a man! you you want to chase gals, show them your balls and be upfront, dun use your camera as a tool, really disgusting and laughable.

yup i seen it all, cos my gang are shoppers, we like to shop and when we work pass an event show, we all snigger in laugher how you clowns spend so much time, money and effort and degrade real professional photographers who need an REAL income to cover their jobs.

oh btw, your the shots you guys put up, for what? real event org dun call 2 hoots the portfolio you presented, you want a REAL job? networking will get you further.

You think models will fall in love with you cos you can take a picture or 2? DREAM ON BROTHERS! Gals got more brains than you guys more spare money and time.

You think you can be a REAL photographer? DREAM ON! you can already shoot for free, what makes you think you can make a living out for it?

you think its your passion and hobby, YAYAYAYA....... and the story goes di da di da di, lots of booshit. Spent more time wanking infront of your computers boys, its cheaper.

for all the time i resisted making personal comments of sort for years but these for, wannabees, really makes my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain View Post
    please stop acting like fools and think when you carry all that stuff to shoot for free, ppl all respect you and like trade shows and start taking it like your own model shoot, its really really a laughing stock for lots of other people.

you dun understand that lots of mall goers are pointing and laughing at you jokers especially people of the trade (real photographers).

that reminds me ... actually it's really a big joke to 'cover' those events. some organisers actually welcome such photographers because they create such a spectacle. when people walk pass, they see so many people with big big pro-looking cameras, first reaction is to be excited and want to find out what's going on. they would be thinking there's some megastar or what. then they see some so-so performance, they start thinking whether these 'photographers' are crazy or have nothing better to do. these people get made-use-of by the organisers and get laughed at by the public ... i really wonder where the enjoyment comes from

oh btw, your the shots you guys put up, for what? real event org dun call 2 hoots the portfolio you presented, you want a REAL job? networking will get you further.
    exactly! if anyone thinks he/she is going to be offered with a couple of event coverage assignments from shooting the way we see on this forum, it's a big joke. most event coverages we see here will fail the assignments straightaway. event is about people. not just performers or models, it's about the atmosphere, the crowd, the organisers, people running the event, candid moments, interaction.

all are photographers, one should respect each other.......................

and if you think your camera and big mama lenses can attract models and let you befriend them, please be a man! you you want to chase gals, show them your balls and be upfront, dun use your camera as a tool, really disgusting and laughable.

yup i seen it all, cos my gang are shoppers, we like to shop and when we work pass an event show, we all snigger in laugher how you clowns spend so much time, money and effort and degrade real professional photographers who need an REAL income to cover their jobs.

You think models will fall in love with you cos you can take a picture or 2? DREAM ON BROTHERS! Gals got more brains than you guys more spare money and time.

You think you can be a REAL photographer? DREAM ON! you can already shoot for free, what makes you think you can make a living out for it?

you think its your passion and hobby, YAYAYAYA....... and the story goes di da di da di, lots of booshit. Spent more time wanking infront of your computers boys, its cheaper.

for all the time i resisted making personal comments of sort for years but these for, wannabees, really makes my day.

yeah!! baby yeah!!

show the models your mojo!!! your big gun!!

hahhahahhahhah!!

more models, more passion, passion for chio bu!!! yeah!!

hahahahahhahha!

it is a passion for young and old!

I think some are the in the "uncle" category!

so what? passion for chio bu has no age limit one!!

hahahhahhahha!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    yeah!! baby yeah!!

show the models your mojo!!! your big gun!!

hahhahahhahhah!!

more models, more passion, passion for chio bu!!! yeah!!

hahahahahhahha!

it is a passion for young and old!

I think some are the in the "uncle" category!

so what? passion for chio bu has no age limit one!!

hahahhahhahha!
    oi, you very stress ah?

just curious then, how about those people who shoot insects....

R the insects going to pay them for the shots? Or give the photog their contact number? Why do people shoot insect then?

Seriously, it is more reasonable to shoot chiobus then insects.

I don't shoot events or shoot insect. I did try to shoot a tree and got weird stares from passerbys until I gave up.

The only time I can shoot without feeling uncomfortable is when I am on tour overseas

I see some of your are working wedding photogs, but the comments you make are not very friendly. I thinking a wedding photog personality is very impt. Maybe one face to clients, another face to everybody else.

maybe pose beside a chio bu and take a shot together really makes them feel worth it at the end of the day.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345813 ... LastLast