Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 510131415

Thread: Why do people bother to shoot events ?

Deregistered

Default Re: Why do people bother to shoot events ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus View Post
    Quite an amazingly long thread with some heated points being made. Reality is that if there is a supply, then there is a demand. I have nothing against hobbyist shooting events... only when they start making a nuisance of themselves to the general public.

Also, why impose moral values to others? It's natural male instinct to have a affinity for the female human forms. ANd what of the female photographers (few, though they may be) doing these events.... If this was anywhere else, the stereotype of a "dirty old man" photographer would probably not get this much attention. Case in point, the recent TV advert even had a typical "dirty old man" shooting in a studio. This versus the "dirty old man" photographer, Austin Powers, who is done with good humour. So why do we laugh at virile Austin Powers but associate that local advert with the typical dirty old man.

Could it be years of being in straight laced Singapore, has in fact cultivated a sort of anti-freedom of expression whereby everything someone does is viewed with a "moral filter". If so, whose "moral filter" are we using. Short of understanding the typical event photographer, we would be in the danger of stereotyping this kind of photography. The general public might get the idea that anyone with heavy gear, a geeky look and not making money out of photography would be shooting with a negative moral value and be socially inept... ever wonder why street photography is hard to do in Spore but not in Japan or Hong Kong??

what moral act they have when they use ladder in the front row and the wheelchair bound uncle had to wheel himself off elsewhere cause he was block by them...

Quote Originally Posted by westwest1 View Post
    what moral act they have when they use ladder in the front row and the wheelchair bound uncle had to wheel himself off elsewhere cause he was block by them...
    u only see and report on the negative ......u never see the part when there a old man in wheel chair park in the front row with the photographers standing behind and beside him....

guess when the act start... it a no hold barred session liao...

and yes happy valentine day to u
    Last edited by eow; 14th February 2007 at 12:19 PM.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

well i believe you'll go up to the photographer & get him to refrain from blockng the wheel chair bound spectator i'm sure you will since you are so quick to point this out.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    u only see and report on the negative ......u never see the part when there a old man in wheel chair park in the front row with the photographers standing behind and beside him....

guess when the act start... it a no hold barred session liao...
    so were you there doing the same thing??

so were you there doing the same thing??
    nope not that hardcore nowaday....now a casual shooter
    however i will gave way to children and to the disable.... the reason why i get involved in these thread
    cos the events shooter are so badly demonised/painted as a bunch of despo.....
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Though the whole thread, I just don't quite understand, since you (or may be other) have such a high moral stand, why don't you guys help the wheelchair bound uncle and ask the photographer to keep a place for him to watch at that time? I believe most photographers will be helpful to keep out a place for the wheelchair bound uncle (sure there may be some who are reluctant to do so).

The photographer don't know about this happen because of concentrating shooting, while you guys are the one who knew that, but won't help at all and do nothing there, only later then come here to complain. Also not sure is it really because of the wheel chair bound uncle or because of other private issue

When you point a finger at other, four pointing at yourself.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    Though the whole thread, I just don't quite understand, since you (or may be other) have such a high moral stand, why don't you guys help the wheelchair bound uncle and ask the photographer to keep a place for him to watch at that time? I believe most photographers will be helpful to keep out a place for the wheelchair bound uncle (sure there may be some who are reluctant to do so).

The photographer don't know about this happen because of concentrating shooting, while you guys are the one who knew that, but won't help at all and do nothing there, only later then come here to complain. Also not sure is it really because of the wheel chair bound uncle or because of other private issue

When you point a finger at other, four pointing at yourself.
    when 4 points at me...I will say its fair...I look at them at a different perspective and analysis in depth their behaviour...will use this as my up coming sch project...

will title it...Moral and insecure social behaviour...

Thanks for the tip...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    nope not that hardcore nowaday....now a casual shooter
    however i will gave way to children and to the disable.... the reason why i get involved in these thread
    cos the events shooter are so badly demonised/painted as a bunch of despo.....
    icic...thanks for clearing my doubt...

It is a quite norm that Event threads complemented with beautiful models have very high viewer hits. Just wonder how many CS'ers in here had at one time or the other enjoyed the pics and yet complain/critisize about the guys who took the pics .
    IMHO, don't think it is nice to categorize how ppl look. We have to also look at ourselves in the mirror.
    Not siding anyone. Just a thought.

As it is, i honestly think there ill be no end to this whole topic. In fact, if one were to search through the old posts, you would actually find similar threads. That is why i consider a dead horse.

Nonetheless, today is the day where we are all purportedly supposed to express our love (although i do consider it a very commercially driven) so I am closing this thread in the spirit of the day.

Seriously, go out, call up a long lost friend, express your love or friendship to someone whom you would consider close and stop this silly back and forth that will go no where. I am very sure you have much better things to do.

Cheers,
    WG

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 510131415