Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What JCs are best?

Default Re: What JCs are best?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    ACJC uniform also nice so are the gals there.

Too bad I went to TJC and no life no gals
    NO TIE

the difference is the tie! hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    NO TIE

the difference is the tie! hahahaha
    Ya the tie sucks

Exclamation Re: What JCs are best?

Somehow after reading all the conflicting comments, I'm even more confused...

My parents want me to submit my application for JAE in this order
    1)VJC (sci)
    2)TJC (sci)
    the rest is up to me

but I still can't decide if I want to go for VJC or just simply stay in NYJC. By the way, alot of my friends got 9-10 as well, so they all might be leaving soon for other JCs. DECISIONS DECISIONS!!

If I asked for a ranking of JCs in respect to "fun", "study/mugging", "tutor/lecture standard" and "general feel" how would you all rank VJC, TJC, SAJC, AJC and NYJC.

Quote Originally Posted by vector1
    If I asked for a ranking of JCs in respect to "fun", "study/mugging", "tutor/lecture standard" and "general feel" how would you all rank VJC, TJC, SAJC, AJC and NYJC.
    Go to VJC if u are rich and arrogant kid that got rich mummy and daddy that can give u a 1dmkii and 300 f2.8 anytime.

Go to ACJC if u are freaking rich & the hip-hop type that does nothing all day but go clubbing and flaunting ur newly bought billabongs.

Go to TJC if u want to be a mugger for 2 yrs and study non-stop, but u are rest assured of a place in uni.

Go to SAJC if u want to see pretty girls in mini skirts walking by ur side.

Go to AJC if u are the normal, heartland typed singaporeans.

Go to RJC if u are one of our ELITES.

Go to HCJC for a more balanced life between sports and study

Go to NJC if u want to be tortured by ever torturous P.E. lessons that make u run like a dog but in the end fit to be a commando, and if u like very very very tough maths paper that u fail all the 2 yrs until 'A' levels then u pass.

Go to NYJC if u want to end up like my friend who retained there for 1 yr because his grades for yr 1 is E,O,F but in the 3rd yr 'A' levels passed with triple B.
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

Sajc!!

Quote Originally Posted by starz_86 View Post
    Sajc!!

Can have model shoot and TFCD and of course not neglecting your studies.

Thanks for replying so promptly, but I would appreciate if you all could give a more detailed answer for your choice, like "the girls so chio" or "tutors there very nice one" or even "just because the school sounds nice" .

However, I would like if I got more "relevant" reasons

wow, congratz to your scores, very near mine too finally found one same age as me liao. hey, tell you somethings in the future if we get a chance to meet!

seems like u are lookin at the rep of the sch rite? i think wat kcuf2 say is rather correct in a more relax way. even RJC also hav its dark sides just that not many know *should i say???* i would think that go for what you want is really the best choice, NY gives me a very positive study env feel there, got links in the past with the sch, the environment is good.

i remembered i am sec sch days when i had to go for meetings and so on in schs and poly, alot of JC ppl all say, get a sch near to your house is one of what u should consider, becoz, in JCs like VJC and TJC, i believe when u are running up to your 'A', u would hav to stay rather late for lessons.

Can have model shoot and TFCD and of course not neglecting your studies.
    good theme just came to mind: A Sexy/Innocent Student Life

NYJC would be good enough. I've seen people from that JC who made it to Uni & even got honours. It's not the JC but the student who matters more, although a good environment would be condusive. Likewise I've seen poly grads who made good grades even 1st class honours in Uni.

Since NYJC is the nearest to your house & it is a good school, you should seriously consider staying back than choosing another, re-adjust again. the time saved on bus (1.5hrs X2) should be more productively spent. you will spend long hours in the JC, may be for schoolwork, may be for CCA, or may be the gym etc. the close proximity to your house would be ideal.

But given a choice now, I would choose the Poly for the hands-on practical experience, work as a Engrg Tech officer in a stat board, get OT pay, total monthly pay can be higher than an engr (who works longer hours) but much lesser responsibility :-)

Quote Originally Posted by vector1 View Post
    However, I would like if I got more "relevant" reasons

The most relevant reason would be that u want to graduate there with 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 As in all the papers and 'S' papers rite?

In that case, then u go to TJC. The teachers there are specially trained to grill and torture their students, making sure that they study every other day so that they can get full As. If one is the indisciplined type who can't study by itself. Go to TJC.

However if i am u, my more relevant criteria for selection is the distance. I chose the JC just beside my house and i take less than 5 mins to get there. This is important because i was involved in the one of the sports school team, and training takes place 4 -5 times a week. By staying near, i can immediately go home after training at arnd 7pm and bathe and eat and study till 1 -2 am. Then wake up at 7am and leave house at 7.15, reach school at arnd 7.20 then sch starts at 7.30 and repeat the cycle again. If u stay far away, i dun think u will be able to enjoy the sports life that jc can offer u. U will in fact hate sports because if u live 1hr to the sch and 1hr back to home, u will be dread tired that u will be cursing and swearing everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by compro1975
    i remembered i am sec sch days when i had to go for meetings and so on in schs and poly, alot of JC ppl all say, get a sch near to your house is one of what u should consider, becoz, in JCs like VJC and TJC, i believe when u are running up to your 'A', u would hav to stay rather late for lessons.
    yes man, i fully agree! JC is entirely different from sec school in terms of its ECA and P.E. lessons. Especially if u wan to join sports and be in the school team, a minimum of 3 days per week of training is there for u. Imagine during the P.E. lessons, u always got to go a lot of exercise that trains u up to pass the IPPT, eg. 2.4km running, pull up, dips and watever crap. and then after ur P.E. lessons in the morning in which u have already ran perhaps 3-4km, in the afternoon 4pm u got ur sports training(soccer, hockery etc.) and the coach ask u 'warm up' 10 rnds around the field, and then begin normal training. By the end of the day, all u wan is to go home early and rest a while, bathe and start doing ur homework for the next day.
    Last edited by kcuf2; 11th February 2007 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    NYJC would be good enough. I've seen people from that JC who made it to Uni & even got honours. It's not the JC but the student who matters more, although a good environment would be condusive. Likewise I've seen poly grads who made good grades even 1st class honours in Uni.

Since NYJC is the nearest to your house & it is a good school, you should seriously consider staying back than choosing another, re-adjust again. the time saved on bus (1.5hrs X2) should be more productively spent. you will spend long hours in the JC, may be for schoolwork, may be for CCA, or may be the gym etc. the close proximity to your house would be ideal.

But given a choice now, I would choose the Poly for the hands-on practical experience, work as a Engrg Tech officer in a stat board, get OT pay, total monthly pay can be higher than an engr (who works longer hours) but much lesser responsibility :-)
    stat board now still hire dip holders *those position that can handle big projects*? i think i would turn to uni gradz, if i was not wrong, this was practics in the past becoz there was a shortage, now and the near future there seems no shortage? advise me too

Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    good theme just came to mind: A Sexy/Innocent Student Life
    Having a JC nearby u can also have more time for ECAs like sports photog ( hint: take pic of netballers, runners, softballers may be swim suit, I mean swimming meet ) other than TFCD and model shoot I mentioned earlier

Seriously due to the travelling time perhaps u should go to a near by JC. Really by 2008 all JC students regardless where u come from will sit for the same papers. I was lucky that I lived in Bedok then and TJC was an auto choice.

Next time when deciding between NUS, NTU or SMU, try the dorm

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    Especially if u wan to join sports and be in the school team, a minimum of 3 days per week of training is there for u.
    sports , interest groups (better leadership advancement) and CCA is very importane to get into uni, it is part of the calculation....

Having a JC nearby u can also have more time for ECAs like sports photog ( hint: take pic of netballers, runners, softballers may be swim suit, I mean swimming meet ) other than TFCD and model shoot I mentioned earlier
    , photog CCA in JC is very high end one, and the best is TS and learn practise for free.

back to topic, why TS not replying? yo, any problem there?

sports , interest groups (better leadership advancement) and CCA is very importane to get into uni, it is part of the calculation....
    mmm..for my case, i think eca helps most in the drafting of my resume when i looked for jobs last time.. I felt so lucky when i was the only one among my peers that got chosen for interview and during the interview i was asked a lot of stuffs abt wat are the ecas i joined before, wat i do there etc. etc.

I was really glad that last time i was a "siao-on kia" and every event (besides my cca) such as interhouse badminton, table tennis, floorball, bowling, chess etc. My resume became very "beautiful" as a result.

Vector1: regardless of wat jc u go to, try to join as much events as u can. They will help u definitely in the future...

, photog CCA in JC is very high end one, and the best is TS and learn practise for free.
    eh...wat is "TS"?

stat board now still hire dip holders *those position that can handle big projects*? i think i would turn to uni gradz, if i was not wrong, this was practics in the past becoz there was a shortage, now and the near future there seems no shortage? advise me too
    Stat bds still require many poly grads, u cannot have whole department full of uni grads doing management stuff, then no one doing the technical stuff. comparing the draftsmen/site inspectors (poly) who can claim OT pay vs architects/engrs (uni) who cannot, I would say the poly tech officers got a better deal in terms of $$$ vs time put in at work. Even my engr who got uni degree in OZ after sing'poly, also say why study uni, her peers who remained as draftsmen earned much more in OT?

unless you want 'job satisfaction' then diff story. if the tech officer with poly diploma puts in same hours as the degree holder at work, draw a similar or sometimes higher salary if more OT, bears less responsibilities, who got a better deal? after this if he really wants to upgrade, still can study for uni & get better grades due to more experience than A'levels.

The grass is greener on the other side. A Tech Officer (poly dip) would envy the position of a Architect/Engineer (Uni degree), who would in turn envy the TO's OT pay.
    Last edited by foxwagon; 11th February 2007 at 08:05 PM.

TS has taken time out for dinner and hopefully think thru what we proposed for ECA

NYJC dont have chio gals good for photog. I think ACJC and SAJC better

Is there a thread or poll and vote which JCs are potential minefield for model shoot and TFCD ?

End of the day, it's just the A levels cert you're after.
    End of the day, after uni,

you are the same as anybody else: a working adult, even an ITE grad.

Just do what you fancy and do what you want.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast