Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Working together!

Default Re: Working together!

Hey Deencat,

Thanks for referring couples my way
    Don't know if they got in touch. No worries, i'll send my over flow clients your way. See-cooperation works. I can only shoot 30 weddings a year anyway.

Deregistered

I might be interested to listen to what such a meeting has to offer, too. Though my availability will have to be after CNY. This week no go for me.

It is one thing to talk about such banding together, another to make it work well. Between 2 photographers may be possible, but the more the parties involved, the more deadwood and leechers you are going to have. And then again, there are also the nasty me-eat-them-all ones to be mindful off.

On the brighter side, I dare say that I, too, have had positive cooperative sharing since ridding myself of bad seeds in 2005. Sharing overflows with close friends in the same or related lines of business.
    (add - I also share my list of blacklisted PAs with my close contacts...)
    Last edited by Azure; 12th February 2007 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I might be interested to listen to what such a meeting has to offer, too. Though my availability will have to be after CNY. This week no go for me.

It is one thing to talk about such banding together, another to make it work well. Between 2 photographers may be possible, but the more the parties involved, the more deadwood and leechers you are going to have. And then again, there are also the nasty me-eat-them-all ones to be mindful off.

On the brighter side, I dare say that I, too, have had positive cooperative sharing since ridding myself of bad seeds in 2005. Sharing overflows with close friends in the same or related lines of business.
    (add - I also share my list of blacklisted PAs with my close contacts...)

Agree. It really comes down to working with the right people. Only then, can snergy be achieved.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    Agree. It really comes down to working with the right people. Only then, can snergy be achieved.
    Yes. That is why I'm very careful in choosing a group. And in choosing my own people, otherwise I may get horrible staff.
    Last edited by Azure; 12th February 2007 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ckuang View Post
    Hey Deencat,

Thanks for referring couples my way
    Don't know if they got in touch. No worries, i'll send my over flow clients your way. See-cooperation works. I can only shoot 30 weddings a year anyway.
    ha thanks man

I think I have to make it clear that I am looking for partnership that will work together as a team as a family in the long run, not someone to spy around what we are doing and quit as you wish. This will be one of the topic during meeting I suggest we should discuss.

And perhaps set the date a bit later rather than such a short notice what u think Puffish?

How about 26th Feb 2007 (Mon) evening? Venue any suggestion?

Your info here:

Name, Nickname in CS, Portfolio/Biz Website (If u have)
    --------------------------------------------------
    Andrew, deencat, http://www.segami.com.sg
    Last edited by deencat; 13th February 2007 at 03:19 PM.

Deregistered

So then, Deencat, are you looking at mostly weddings type of photography, or what? My interest level will depend on what kind of photography. If its weddings, I'm definitely out, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    So then, Deencat, are you looking at mostly weddings type of photography, or what? My interest level will depend on what kind of photography. If its weddings, I'm definitely out, thank you.
    I am open to all kind of photography, not only wedding of course.

Hello all,

pardon for the late reply.

Thanks deencat for getting the ball rolling.
    I'll be out of SGP, only be back on 26 Feb late night.

If it's ok, 27 Feb evening will be good.

Thanks too for coming out straight on the pre-requisite for this meet up.
    Nobody's time will be wasted this way.
    (Not for market testers, just-to-get-info listeners & just-here-for-coffee sitters)

Venue I would suggest the food court at the basement of Excelsor (the building where CathayPhoto is).

The list:
    ======
    1. Kok Wai, Puffish, www.photo.thepufferfish.com

Quote Originally Posted by deencat View Post
    I think I have to make it clear that I am looking for partnership that will work together as a team as a family in the long run, not someone to spy around what we are doing and quit as you wish. This will be one of the topic during meeting I suggest we should discuss.

And perhaps set the date a bit later rather than such a short notice what u think Puffish?

How about 26th Feb 2007 (Mon) evening? Venue any suggestion?

Your info here:

Name, Nickname in CS, Portfolio/Biz Website (If u have)
    --------------------------------------------------
    Andrew, deencat, http://www.segami.com.sg

(Not for market testers, just-to-get-info listeners & just-here-for-coffee sitters)

On 27th Feb 2007, The food court at the basement of Excelsor (the building where CathayPhoto is).

The list:
    ======
    2. Andrew, deencat, http://www.segami.com.sg

Quote Originally Posted by deencat View Post

On 27th Feb 2007, The food court at the basement of Excelsor (the building where CathayPhoto is).

The list:
    ======
    Please take note of the date changes.

On 1st Mar 2007, The food court at the basement of Excelsor (the building where CathayPhoto is).

The list:
    ======
    3. Someone who's name do not want to be mentioned here.

hi all,
    i have just read thru this thread tat u guys posted. i am totally in line with all of u.
    it is not ez to choose the rite partner/s. but i strongly believe tat in this industry, u have to help each others and support each other for any cover of job, etc. the contact is very important.. there is no real competator in this industry.

I beleive the nature of this industry is networking. photographers will need other photographers to support, likewise for videographers. and between photographers and videographers too.

Some of you may have read abt some of my post tat i have recently set up a cafe name "cafe f'stop". my objective of the cafe is to provide a platform for photographers and videographers to hang out, share ideas, exchange biz contact, showcasing their works so as any walk in customers or another photographers or videographers can pick up their biz cards and create more biz opportunity.

i have the same tots of catchlights.. couples or anyone who are in search of photographers and videographers will patronise cafe f'stop if i can provide them a resourceful place with photographers and videographers. and that which will increase your biz opportunity and contact as well.

feel free to drop by cafe f'stop for cofes, and I am interested to share my view as well.

jensen
    cafe f'stop
    17/19 South bridge road.

cafe f'stop is just less then 2 bus stop away from funan.

here's the map where we located..

cheers

Hi sundazz,

Thanks for your sharing, will for sure drop by your place.

Quote Originally Posted by sundazz View Post
    cafe f'stop is just less then 2 bus stop away from funan.

here's the map where we located..

cheers
    Great concept of a cafe. Will drop by one of these days. What are your opening hours?

Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    Great concept of a cafe. Will drop by one of these days. What are your opening hours?
    Snowspeeder, we can go togther one of these day.

Sorry I don't mean to be rude, but I still want to focus back to the topic, kindly open another thread to talk about this wonderful cafe ya. Thanks.

I would be delighted to meet up with you guys for an open discussion on networking in photography.
    Btw, besides wedding day service, I'm also into other areas of photography.

On 1st Mar 2007, The food court at the basement of Excelsor (the building where CathayPhoto is).

The list:
    ======
    4. Lundy, snowspeeder, http://www.themenatwork.com

The list:
    ======
    4. Lundy, snowspeeder, http://www.themenatwork.com

I shoot Malay weddings, but really like to break into Chinese Wedding. www.dvineshots.gp.sg
    ...can join?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast