Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MUAs Forum?

Default Re: MUAs Forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    Want ghostly look also need MUA lor... You think this kind of look easy ar?
    hahahha...yeah...depends how or wat kind of ghostly look?
    :sweatsm: Kaname Chidori COOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    Want ghostly look also need MUA lor... You think this kind of look easy ar?
    very easy lah.
    shoot your model at 3am in the morning just when you wake her up.

confirmed candidate for horror movies.
    try it.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    basically, i think some of these folders will be good.

1)portfolio(pics of clients whom you seeked permission to use for your portfolio)
    2)make up brands reviews
    3)lobangs contacts (ampoules and such)
    4)chit chat
    5)marketplace(bazaar for selling or buying)
    6)tips and tricks (for sharing tips on MU, and hairdos), though i'm not sure if people are magnanimous enough to share such tips.
    7)hairdo section?(can be grouped under portfolio)
    8)bodypainting like lionellin?(that would be great but not sure how many of them in sgp).
    list goes on.

hey i think pts 2,3 & 4 are great! of course if anyone wana share pt 6 wld be best also lor...

Or ask/petition CS admins to start a sub-forum here somewhere, maybe in PhotoBiz?

actually I think it would be a good idea for the mods to include a subforum in cs for muas and stylists.

Quote Originally Posted by pingo View Post
    actually I think it would be a good idea for the mods to include a subforum in cs for muas and stylists.
    thats a gd idea too.. but then again...dont we need to think thoroughly the pros n cons of this kind of forum...

it will definitely be better to have a forum by yourself and not hitch on CS.

why?cos if you have your own forum, you can start many many different folders.
    if you were to incorporate them here, it will be WAY too many folders for newbies/members to surf.
    and since the admins pay for the bandwidth(?), why should they give you a section of it free?
    i'm just thinking.darren may think otherwise.

also, it will really be cool to have a roof where all MUA gather.
    of course, the best scenario will be to share all diff tips and tricks but i highly doubt they would.it's the rice bowl we're talking about here.

Quote Originally Posted by pingo View Post
    Since photographers need MUAs quite frequently, and MUAs do need photographers to produce the product (photos) sometime, there are some correlation between the 2.

Starting a whole new forum could be a tedious task and may not have enough participants to carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    Since photographers need MUAs quite frequently, and MUAs do need photographers to produce the product (photos) sometime, there are some correlation between the 2.

Starting a whole new forum could be a tedious task and may not have enough participants to carry on.
    hmm...quite true but wat jeanie said has some point too..lioniel has other points too which i'm considering wif the other points..boy..this aint an easy task..

any more suggestions? Shooters, MUAs out there? Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    it will definitely be better to have a forum by yourself and not hitch on CS.

why?cos if you have your own forum, you can start many many different folders.
    if you were to incorporate them here, it will be WAY too many folders for newbies/members to surf.
    and since the admins pay for the bandwidth(?), why should they give you a section of it free?
    i'm just thinking.darren may think otherwise.

also, it will really be cool to have a roof where all MUA gather.
    of course, the best scenario will be to share all diff tips and tricks but i highly doubt they would.it's the rice bowl we're talking about here.
    i second that on the separate forum by itself.
    but note that its not possible to gather just MUAs. sure got a lot of other ppl wan to join the forum, juz to see see.. look look.. sell beauty products. then the forum will again lose its main focus ler.

man.. tis is not easy!

hahah..i suppose tts how the mods crack their brains out wen doing creating ds forum

cindy,

think about it.a MUA forum where all MUA gather.of course, getting them into the forum itself will not prove easy.as they are either too bz, or some of them are not computer savvy.
    they'll rather skip it.
    but it'll be good for consumers coz they'll go and source for MUA there.
    once your forum becomes established, MORE MUA will join in because that's where you advertise your business.
    i definitely see it feasible.

but if you do start, you have to visit all the MUA's website or approach them to join in the forum.
    else, they wont even know such a forum exist.

but then again...having a forum for MUAs might also be the dwnfall.Consumers wld be asking for cheap services but good result..and then when svcs are given cheap n cheaper..it will spoil market.den other MUAs will start blaming the forum,+ maintenance,space etc n blah blah blah...thx to lionel for highlighting all these to me..i realise it aint easy...even though our purpose is for sharing infos etc..even if i suggested puting restrictions..it still aint gd enough.the local scene aint like the west.so...i hmmm....dun tink so

any other suggestions or words to be shared? critics are welcome too..

Interesting...I have been thinking of taking up course for a year but till now still haven't got my butt moving..haha...Since both of you are experience, care to share which school you came from and exposure the school provides?

Quote Originally Posted by Camm View Post
    Interesting...I have been thinking of taking up course for a year but till now still haven't got my butt moving..haha...Since both of you are experience, care to share which school you came from and exposure the school provides?
    hi Camm

i'm from KimBeauty Kimarie Int'l.Under this sch, students graduated with 2 diplomas - 1 from Kimarie and the other from Christine Valmy Int'l (NY,USA) plus a cert for bridal hair bundling.

I'm also a member of The Sch of Makeup.Just a member not a student.

I suggest u do some research on pricing if its a concern to u.

I will definitely recommend Cosmoprof and Sch of Makeup.
    oh..n theres TOPtoTOE too.Check them out before u enroll.

Y not Kimarie u ask? coz Kimarie does not offer airbrush and stage makeup.

i'm saving up $$ now to enrol in airbrush n stage makeup classes.

anyway, GD LUCK to u!!

Me too.. I like the ghostly look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12