Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie...

Default Re: Newbie...

Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    no lah, doesn't consume much electricity..just to give u an idea of how much it costs.

my electricity bill is around $30 a month and my usage is:
    1 fridge (24 hours)
    1 air-con (around 8 hours every day)
    1 LCD TV (around 3 hours a day)
    Lights (3 bedrooms, 1 living room, 1 kitchen)
    3 laptops (around 2-3 hours a day)
    1 dry cabinet
    Wow! Which aircon are you using? On 8 hours every day, yet your total electrical bill is only $30. I hardly ever switch on my aircon, and my electrical bill is more than yours. Even if I switch on, usually not more than 1 week in a month during the night, the increase in my electrical bill would be at least $10-20 more than usual.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Wow! Which aircon are you using? On 8 hours every day, yet your total electrical bill is only $30. I hardly ever switch on my aircon, and my electrical bill is more than yours. Even if I switch on, usually not more than 1 week in a month during the night, the increase in my electrical bill would be at least $10-20 more than usual.
    mitsubishi inverter split unit (forgot which one liao). maybe got some prob wif my meter reading...

Quote Originally Posted by satch View Post
    no leh...mine is around $30 only, plus water, gas etc. is around $50-55...
    isit u miss out a '1' in front!

Anyway, since you are still new in this & yet to really know if DSLR is suitable for your needs, I suggest you get a 2nd hand 350D or even 300D to try out first.
    In future you can sell it off at a smaller loss, may it be you decide photography is not your cup of tea or you really into it and want to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen View Post
    Hi, I'm new to photography, so i wan thinking if i shold invest in a canon 350D. Any comments? How much wld it cost? Kindly guide me along... Thx...
    I'm assuming you are looking for 2nd hand lobangs...so here are my views.

Are there any specific area of photography you are interested in? It will affect the lenses (besides the kit lens) you need.

Look in the Buy and Sell section for anyone selling the camera AND that particular lens. You should be able to drive a better bargain if you buy the whole package. There are usually quite a number of 2nd hand 350Ds offered in the B&S.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12