Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there any forum to discuss about the SG stock market?

Default Re: Is there any forum to discuss about the SG stock market?

Quote Originally Posted by Astin View Post
    To win in stock market, u must control yr greed and yr fear, sadly most ppl either cannot control their greed, or cannot control their fear, or cannot control both their greed and fear.
    Also depends on their luck. Some newbie I knew, put his everything in one "crap" counter and made double in 2 months.

Me mouth stuck balls.
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    Also depends on their luck. Some newbie I knew, put his everything in one "crap" counter and made double in 2 months.

Me mouth stuck balls.
    The trick is to pull this off consistently....

The hardest thing about speculation is selling when you say you would.
    Eg, if you say if Stock A hits $10 i sell, when it hits $10, SELL.
    DO NOT care if it hits 11 or 12 or 20 the next day ( FULLSTOP)

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    The hardest thing about speculation is selling when you say you would.
    Eg, if you say if Stock A hits $10 i sell, when it hits $10, SELL.
    DO NOT care if it hits 11 or 12 or 20 the next day ( FULLSTOP)
    Perhaps....

However, I feel that the hardest part about speculation is if it goes DOWN (rather than up in your example). What will you then do?

u guys better be cautious, tomm week is profit taking for CNY... unless u are buying in to get dividends like SPC, Sembcorp, ST Engg...

morever, Dow and Nasdaq dipped quite alot after hawkish comments from US Fed on inflation.. guess hang seng will follow trend, china stocks will follow hang seng too.. and crude oil seems to be heading to 60 dollars region again which signals the return of oil play.
    Last edited by raincool2005; 11th February 2007 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    u guys better be cautious, tomm week is profit taking for CNY... unless u are buying in to get dividends like SPC, Sembcorp, ST Engg...

morever, Dow and Nasdaq dipped quite alot after hawkish comments from US Fed on inflation.. guess hang seng will follow trend, china stocks will follow hang seng too.. and crude oil seems to be heading to 60 dollars region again which is the return of oil play.
    All in cash for a couple of months already.

Waiting for the US correction. Too many negatives still, despite the general agreement of a "soft-landing" scenario. Large budget/trade deficit, softening housing market, inflation, Iran & Iraq, over-heating China & India markets, etc...

My 2 cents. Do what you will, it's a free country...

Quote Originally Posted by bernardy4416 View Post
    All in cash for a couple of months already.

Waiting for the US correction. Too many negatives still, despite the general agreement of a "soft-landing" scenario. Large budget/trade deficit, softening housing market, inflation, Iran & Iraq, over-heating China & India markets, etc...

My 2 cents. Do what you will, it's a free country...
    the soft landing has been much talked in recent months, but seems like growth is still strong.

maybe in 2nd half of 2007.

the soft landing has been much talked in recent months, but seems like growth is still strong.

maybe in 2nd half of 2007.

Bumper corporate profits in the US for 2006. Not great numbers recently. These figures take some time to filter to the market. Check out the job cuts in large US firms.

Dunno when and how much of a correction the coming one will be. If I could tell, I wouldn't need a day job. What I know is it's way over-due....

Bumper corporate profits in the US for 2006. Not great numbers recently. These figures take some time to filter to the market. Check out the job cuts in large US firms.

Dunno when and how much of a correction the coming one will be. If I could tell, I wouldn't need a day job. What I know is it's way over-due....
    some stocks are giving rich dividends for 2006 performance.. SPC $350, ST Engg $160 (to be confirmed)...

Perhaps....
    However, I feel that the hardest part about speculation is if it goes DOWN (rather than up in your example). What will you then do?
    Depends what kind of risk investor you are?
    Are you a TA investor or long-term investor?

Some investor set a stoppage at 20% limit.
    Say if your stock is $1 and it drops to 80cents..you sell to cut losses.

For selling, you capped at 20% at last price done.
    If your stock is $1 and rise to $1.20 you hold. and if it keeps rising to $1.40 you continue to hold and so on.

but

once it falls back to 20%, eg $1.20 you sell.
    So you keep your maximum profit % at your last price done and you don't sell too early.
    Good example is Genting shares...from 30cents raise all the way to $1/-.

Of coz....such tactic works for others but might not work for long-term investments.
    Find an investment tactic you comfortable with.

Perhaps....

if u are that type that die die must go up !? i suggest u buy government related stocks.. however.. buy only when market drops alot.

a good example is ST Engineering, during Israeli-Lebanon war in 2006.. it drops from 3 plus to 2.60.. wat an opportunity during tat conflict.. now is 3.34
    Last edited by raincool2005; 11th February 2007 at 10:53 PM.

used to follow this method .. cut loss at 20%
    but somehow i should hv follow what i thought is the best in the first place ..
    i would have gain 200% profit.

Right now I only hold 2 stocks .. making also few hundred % profit
    I just hold till eternity

looking forward to some high dividend stock during my next purchase.

btw any guru in unit trust ?
    was thinking to invest my CPF and some cash into tat as well ..

if u are that type that die die must go up !? i suggest u buy government related stocks.. however.. buy only when market drops alot.

a good example is ST Engineering, during Israeli-Lebanon war in 2006.. it drops from 3 plus to 2.60.. wat an opportunity.. now is 3.34
    There is ONE instrument that I bought; if goes down hold, I don't loose money. If it goes up can sell.

Singapore Govt Bonds. If you believe in PayAndPay or garment, then SG can never go bankrupt. For example I bought the SGS bond expiring in 2020, about 14 plus years, coupon about 3.25% at 100. If the interest rates goes up, the bond price goes down. BUT I can keep holding it and earning myself 3.25% each year and eventually get back my full some invested. If the interest rate drops, then the price of my bond price goes up, and at the same time, earning myself 3.25% on my 100 each year. Of course, if you need money quickly, the value of the bond will depend on the interest rates then.

BEWARE BEWARE I m only sharing what I did, and are not telling you to do anything like that.

CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    There is ONE instrument that I bought; if goes down hold, I don't loose money. If it goes up can sell.

Singapore Govt Bonds. If you believe in PayAndPay or garment, then SG can never go bankrupt. For example I bought the SGS bond expiring in 2020, about 14 plus years, coupon about 3.25% at 100. If the interest rates goes up, the bond price goes down. BUT I can keep holding it and earning myself 3.25% each year and eventually get back my full some invested. If the interest rate drops, then the price of my bond price goes up, and at the same time, earning myself 3.25% on my 100 each year. Of course, if you need money quickly, the value of the bond will depend on the interest rates then.

BEWARE BEWARE I m only sharing what I did, and are not telling you to do anything like that.

how to buy SG Govt Bonds ? i know how to buy stocks online.. but SG Govt Bonds thru where ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123