Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Err...help pls?

Unhappy Err...help pls?

hello..i m very green in here.kinda need alot of tips and advices.
    i dun even noe where to start.here goes notin..

got my dip in professional image makeup artistry in sept 06.Would like to land a part-time MUA job.Need portfolios but dun have any. did some research on websites abt portfolios.Tips read was get a gd model n photographer -which means $$$$$..me on super tight budget.so thought of doing myself.
    tot wana learn photgraphy too.got a 400D kit and 55-200 lenses as a bday gift.

aiyah...i duno lah wat to do now..so sian liao thinking.wana b a MUA n photographer coz they are linked.

i so confused now duno wat the next thing i suppose to do.

help clear my head?

sorry
    :sweatsm: Kaname Chidori COOL!

Default Re: Err...help pls?

look into this forum
    Services Offered / Wanted
    a lot of photographers are looking for MUA to provide service for TFCD (time for CD) shoot for the models. I believe you can provide your MUA service to the shoot and ask for a CD of photos as your portfolio in return of your service. Probably you can join in the shoot as well.

You mail box may be flooded soon, as free MUA in return for portfolio is in demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampira View Post
    hello..i m very green in here.kinda need alot of tips and advices.
    i dun even noe where to start.here goes notin..

got my dip in professional image makeup artistry in sept 06.Would like to land a part-time MUA job.Need portfolios but dun have any. did some research on websites abt portfolios.Tips read was get a gd model n photographer -which means $$$$$..me on super tight budget.so thought of doing myself.
    tot wana learn photgraphy too.got a 400D kit and 55-200 lenses as a bday gift.

aiyah...i duno lah wat to do now..so sian liao thinking.wana b a MUA n photographer coz they are linked.

i so confused now duno wat the next thing i suppose to do.

help clear my head?

sorry
    You can be all at the same time, or you can be either one at a time.

There will be tonnes of photographers here wanting to do a free shoot, but good model dun come easy, so if you have the ability to make a normal girl look gorgeous, then its already your skills.

If you can come up with an interesting theme, on a sunday morning, i dun mind helping u... besides that, can take a before & after...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post

There will be tonnes of photographers here wanting to do a free shoot, but good model dun come easy, so if you have the ability to make a normal girl look gorgeous, then its already your skills.

If you can come up with an interesting theme, on a sunday morning, i dun mind helping u... besides that, can take a before & after...
    can I join

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    can I join
    i bring my SR & 50 1.4

u bring 70-200f2.8 SSM & 28-70f2.8 G
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I also want to join. But I can only bring myself and my reliable cam with normal lens.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

i bring my SR & 50 1.4

u bring 70-200f2.8 SSM & 28-70f2.8 G
    Don't have both , have 17-35mm, 28-75mm, 80-200mm f/2.8 & 85mm only.

Don't have both , have 17-35mm, 28-75mm, 80-200mm f/2.8 & 85mm only.
    then bring 85f1.4G, 80-200 f2.8G...

Think we ask Galdor be our porter better...

another minolta sony outing...

头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Sorry to thread starter that if we OT (out of topic) in this thread

onz

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    Bro you bring your 28-70mm G & 28mm f/2

From to time I'll do 1 to 1 TFCD for some models in my studio. If you're interested, let me know how I can get in touch with you. If you want it for your portfolio, you may also want to have some control over the make up.

I'm not trying to chrush antone's chance here, I know DCA will me with my prev posting, so, anyone here needs a studio for a TFDC on a weekday ( weekend usually studio is fully booked ) let me know, I can consider working with you guys. I may be able to learn something from you guy also.

Wah....like that also kena.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Red face Re: Err...help pls?

hi..
    thanks alot.heheh...i did once for an attachment with GlamzTouche Studio as a student.the theme was high fashion ala angel.i dun have the pics rite now.. i'll try to upload tonite and c wat u guys gota comment.i've got other attachments too like a local malay celeb photoshoot, zouk wardrobe fashion show,NTU rdshow,MC Model but unfortunately...i dun have the final pics thus a no-no.

be it gd or bad i am gona take it into my stride..newbie mah..must learn to...absorb..absorb n more absorbing..hahahah

hi thanks all for responding.

i nd to noe abt some things.if i took up the offers given and it turns out that my skills aint gd enough ..then wats next? i believe the TFCD is for d benefit of all parties involved so how if the outcome aint as u expected? dun wana waste ppl's time and energy..very very paisey liao.hv my own makeup kit and some hair accessories oni..very so basic.

err...if i not chinese is it okay?errm..oso..i wana your advice too..I got appt at the makeover Inc pte ltd on 10 feb.the manager want to c my skills..any tips? like how much per hour,what to do n donts etc?

hi thanks all for responding.

i nd to noe abt some things.if i took up the offers given and it turns out that my skills aint gd enough ..then wats next? i believe the TFCD is for d benefit of all parties involved so how if the outcome aint as u expected? dun wana waste ppl's time and energy..very very paisey liao.hv my own makeup kit and some hair accessories oni..very so basic.

err...if i not chinese is it okay?errm..oso..i wana your advice too..I got appt at the makeover Inc pte ltd on 10 feb.the manager want to c my skills..any tips? like how much per hour,what to do n donts etc?
    like wise, what if my photography skills not good enuff? can the model & MUA blame me?

its a TFCD, and art & perception is very subjective, some like it, some hate it... i am more of those who go for the fun of it... but i still try to deliver...

on the 2nd part, u mean not chinese then cannot be tfcd MUA?

like wise, what if my photography skills not good enuff? can the model & MUA blame me?

its a TFCD, and art & perception is very subjective, some like it, some hate it... i am more of those who go for the fun of it... but i still try to deliver...

on the 2nd part, u mean not chinese then cannot be tfcd MUA?
    heheh...shesshh...i hope not..y i said so coz it seems that most here r chinese or hv i think too much?jeezz..i need a shake man..

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    From to time I'll do 1 to 1 TFCD for some models in my studio. If you're interested, let me know how I can get in touch with you. If you want it for your portfolio, you may also want to have some control over the make up.
    ermm..i cant promise that my schedule is free always..mostly on weekends..but i'll get back to you after this Sat 10feb..gota c the outcome of my intv.

Sorry to thread starter that if we OT (out of topic) in this thread

onz

Bro you bring your 28-70mm G & 28mm f/2
    Zcf..i'm cool..no worries there. hmm..heheheh

Zcf..i'm cool..no worries there. hmm..heheheh
    Thanks, there are quite some non-chinese photographer in ClubSNAP also. Weekend are more suitable for most forumers here as most got day job.

Beside the end result (photos), everyone one improve through the process of TFCD, by the time you are really good and with portfolios, you probably start charging already.
    Last edited by zcf; 7th February 2007 at 02:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast