Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: bringing long lenses to concerts?

Default Re: bringing long lenses to concerts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post

If I do that, I will be the one kena whacked by the security..

做这种事是女人的专利,不管是年轻小姐ah mah或auntie..
    If they actually beat you up, the one police will arrest is the security. Remeber the incident at Zouk that was reported?

Actually, the security's mandate is to solve/remove (nicely) the potential problems. You can be as unreasonable as you want, you can as loud as you want. As long as you keep you hands in your pockets, and don't spit or kick the security people, they cannot do anything harmful too you, especially so if you are a girl.

Do not fear the scaremongers, Singapore is full of KiaSi people everywhere.
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    if you dont have a idol, u wont understand.

and if you like photography, you'll naturally love to shoot your idol.

you can shoot and enjoy at the same time.

nothing beats having your idol's picture shot by yourself for your own collection.
    agreed in principal, but still having people stanindg up in front of me, moving around trying to take a picture of their idol, is very annoying. Maybe, there should be a seating area where photography is allowed.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Wicked smile: Go try smuggle in an 80-200 with a 1.4x after all the best angles past the middle seats, the seat in the front seats area are dam good location for either crouch shots or amplifer box backs. If you should have a tap on your shoulder from a bouncer some time in the show after shooting a while smile nicely and maybe you will not be asked to either hand over the camera or leave the show earlier. Shooting standing in front of the stage without a press pass is well an interesting way to get the bouncers attention.

Your money for the ticket paid not for the right even to be there, the show promoter can eject you from the show, the most they have to do is refund you the worse is no refunds since you broke the no video, no photography, no audio recording conditions. Read the fine print on the back of the ticket. Very educational. Yeah they would turn a blind eye to a small point and shoot.

Do not take my word for it - go experience it first hand your self. Been there done that. No big thrills about it. Some times you do get the pics you want too.

Quote Originally Posted by unseen View Post
    Forging the press pass would be simple. The hard part would be to get your hands on those usually limited specially created lanyard.
    Depending on concerts, I've been to some where they have a different coloured lanyard for each day too.
    Hmm.. in that case does Sony R1 or Panasonic Lumix FZ-05 qualify as consumer PnS? Maybe Nikon Coolpix S10?

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Hmm.. in that case does Sony R1 or Panasonic Lumix FZ-05 qualify as consumer PnS? Maybe Nikon Coolpix S10?
    that would depends... maybe those guard can see the different between a dSLR/SLR and a "huge" PnS.

i brought in my fujifilm s9500 with external flash sb-28 into JJ lin's concert last yr june.. nobody stop me, even thou got check bag..
    a lot of fans busy snapping away thru out the entire concert.. so my guess is shldnt be a prob to bring in a long lens with dslr ba..

Quote Originally Posted by pg12 View Post
    i brought in my fujifilm s9500 with external flash sb-28 into JJ lin's concert last yr june.. nobody stop me, even thou got check bag..
    a lot of fans busy snapping away thru out the entire concert.. so my guess is shldnt be a prob to bring in a long lens with dslr ba..
    Great for you. Any more from the recent concerts?

Quote Originally Posted by pg12 View Post

good sia.... btw are u in the most ex seat(front)?

Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    good sia.... btw are u in the most ex seat(front)?
    from the angle, he was @ east arena...

And not all concerts @ indoor stad have the same rules. Typically western concerts tend to be stricter on the no-photo rule..

Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    If they actually beat you up, the one police will arrest is the security. Remeber the incident at Zouk that was reported?

Actually, the security's mandate is to solve/remove (nicely) the potential problems. You can be as unreasonable as you want, you can as loud as you want. As long as you keep you hands in your pockets, and don't spit or kick the security people, they cannot do anything harmful too you, especially so if you are a girl.

Do not fear the scaremongers, Singapore is full of KiaSi people everywhere.

cas,
    i really have to agree with you on the last sentence.
    it's sad.singaporeans are generally very very timid compared to caucasians.
    and very very law abiding.

yes...it's because i'm a gal, and i feel abit 'unglam' if i gena warned.
    it will really spoil my evening.not to mention it's my idol's concert.

seriously, these organisers should think of a way around this, and at the same time earn more from the concert.
    they should have an area where photography is allowed.
    MAYBE they should double the ticket price, i believe, that it will STILL be full house.

so sad, now my idol coming, i cant even 'officially' bring the lens i wanted to buy 300f2.8 to his concert and shoot him.

life in sgp sucks sometimes....

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    so nikon god,

what's the BEST PNS $ can ever buy with a powerfull zoom?

last alternative is i'll go get a friggin pns.

Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    Great for you. Any more from the recent concerts?
    erm.. i seldom go concert one.. becos my gf is die hard fan of JJ, so no choice i bring her one..

and ya.. its the most exp seat.. somewhere by the side of the front..

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    cas,
    i really have to agree with you on the last sentence.
    it's sad.singaporeans are generally very very timid compared to caucasians.
    and very very law abiding.

yes...it's because i'm a gal, and i feel abit 'unglam' if i gena warned.
    it will really spoil my evening.not to mention it's my idol's concert.

seriously, these organisers should think of a way around this, and at the same time earn more from the concert.
    they should have an area where photography is allowed.
    MAYBE they should double the ticket price, i believe, that it will STILL be full house.

so sad, now my idol coming, i cant even 'officially' bring the lens i wanted to buy 300f2.8 to his concert and shoot him.

life in sgp sucks sometimes....
    Buy the cheap 70/75-300 zooms la, they work just as well. Practise your hand holding techniques too. Shoot at asa1600 also can..........oh sorry, yours a Nikon. Nevermind then. Just watch the show.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345