Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: bringing long lenses to concerts?

Default Re: bringing long lenses to concerts?

Agreed. Enjoy the concert instead. Whats the point of missing out the atmosphere and performance and struggle with taking pics in a rather compromising position? There is a time for shoot and a time to relax and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Why can't we just enjoy the concert?

Isn't a concert a time and place for the musician to perform, and for the audience to enjoy the performance? What is the need by many to shoot, shoot and shoot?

I never bring cameras to a concert or show.

Quote Originally Posted by canongrapherL View Post
    Agreed. Enjoy the concert instead. Whats the point of missing out the atmosphere and performance and struggle with taking pics in a rather compromising position? There is a time for shoot and a time to relax and enjoy.
    Contrary what you people made it sound, it does not take a lot of effort to shoot.

I go with a couple of friends, or with spouse and kids. We buy the premiums, CDs, the stick-balloons (for waving) and at the same time enjoy the show. Whenever I remember, I just bring up the camera to shoot. Of course, I bring the CFs, camera and only a super-light long zoom. I did not even bring grips or portable HDD.

So, I guess if you can enjoy the show and still remember to shoot, why not?
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

I also thinking of doing something similar. But it's at Esplanade. Think it's even stricter than SIS.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    I also thinking of doing something similar. But it's at Esplanade. Think it's even stricter than SIS.
    haha phantom of the opera issit? if yes, lets do it together
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    haha phantom of the opera issit? if yes, lets do it together
    In this case, we need to coordinate. We can buy 2 extra tickets for both corner of the seats (for our "lure tiger away" effect which shall be self-explanatory)

The rest of us just get seats all over the place. We should be using USM, SSM and quiet cameras or cameras with quiet shutters. The two corner seaters will bring F5 and 1v (without lenses and without film).

Everyone of us can shoot whenever we want, the two corner heroes will alternately trigger their shutters whenever they discover staff/bouncers heading towards the shooters.

Like that work or not? Any improvements?
    Last edited by Caspere; 8th February 2007 at 01:32 PM.

Sitted on the right side, mid-high area.

If no car and locker full? 要回家还是把相机丢给security,自己看着办啰..

So best not to try, just enjoy the show lor..

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    wanted to bring my f5 then because havent bought d200.but i know confirm kena stop one.

where were u sitted?i was 5th row from front.i find it a bit too near.the speakers were defeaning me.

if no car, and locker full.how?

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Sitted on the right side, mid-high area.

If no car and locker full? 要回家还是把相机丢给security,自己看着办啰..

So best not to try, just enjoy the show lor..

they have the 'authority' to jaga your camera for you?

then it's time we whack them.
    pass your cam to them, and deliberately spoil it.then say they spoil your cam.

most of the time the concert held here in SG does not allow you to bring along camera and any recording devices. unlike japan where you can take as many pic as possible but without any flash.
    Last edited by dfstan; 8th February 2007 at 01:52 PM.
    Games of Thrones.....

Wah, you badder then me.

I make fun of them.

You make them lose job.

Quote Originally Posted by dfstan View Post
    most of the time the concert held here in SG does not allow you to bring along camera and any recording devices. unlike japan where you can take as much pic as possible but without any flash.
    Let's have a campaign to change their minds. We, everyone, should bring our big cameras, small cameras, including unties uncles to each and every one of these shows. We shall ignore each and every signs/advice/annoucement of "no photography" and openly defy such suggestions. We shall do it everyday, for 1 year (test test), to see if anyone actually is brought to the courts (the High/Subordinate/Family Courts) for this matter. If no, we shall do it until is somebody or me is jailed.

Well you can choose to believe me or not.
    For most concerts, you will not be allowed entry with your camera, especially if you bring a big lens.

Feel free to bring your cameras to try, they'll bar you entry to the concert if you refuse to give leave your camera outside. If you leave your camera outside, they're not going to be held responsible for your cameras. It's as good as leaving your cameras by the roadside, because they won't bother at all if someone was to go and take your camera. It's not their responsibility to watch over your camera, but to keep your camera from entering the concert hall. You can't fault them for that. Wanna waste your $$$$ equipment, or your $$ ticket?

I believe if you decide to make noise, the local security force at hand can arrest you for a number of charges including creating public nuisance. If you insist on taking on them, I'd love to watch you take on 8 beef cakes who will corner you and block your entire view of the concert and do their best to make you realise you will have to leave the hall.

The only way is to get yourself a press pass. That said, with a press pass, in the past quite a few concerts only allow the press to shoot during the first few songs, after which they will enforce the no photography rule.

It's not if they have the authority, it's if they even have the responsibility to look after your camera. I believe it's not anywhere in their jobscopes. Keeping out photographers would be. They won't lose their jobs. The management hired them to do exactly that, keeping out photographic equipment.

I believe most concert tickets/rules never state that there'll be a safe keeping area if you actually bring in the equipment they tell you not to ya?

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    Why not make some fake press passes and claim yourself to be from some unheard of magazine.. Hopefully the promoters do get fooled. I got one friend who did this and had almost unlimited access to the whole venue... hehehe...
    These major concerts, the press has to register Name, NRIC, publication with the organizers a couple of days before the event. I believe the last time I saw someone tried this trick, they got the police down and they brought the guy away.

to TS: try video-cam, place it on your body, under the jacket and big a bag. they would search the bag and no care about stuff on your body. also prosumer zoom still-cam is also another option some hitting 400mm++, not bad liao. if not dun play with your luck, with the media pass, and u take photo, security can get very nasty with you

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post

During the concert, now and then some fella took out p&s to shoot, but they were easily spotted by the security and kena warning immediately. Beocs a lite-up LCD screen in such dark surrounding is way too obvious liaoz.
    ya, this make me remember my first cam sony DSC-P1, got viewfinder and LCD, P&S type; so useful . only if the market could still widly produce p&s with optical viewfinder

Quote Originally Posted by unseen View Post
    These major concerts, the press has to register Name, NRIC, publication with the organizers a couple of days before the event. I believe the last time I saw someone tried this trick, they got the police down and they brought the guy away.
    yes u are totally correct. u from the media too?

Forging the press pass would be simple. The hard part would be to get your hands on those usually limited specially created lanyard.
    Depending on concerts, I've been to some where they have a different coloured lanyard for each day too.

Quote Originally Posted by compro_1975 View Post
    yes u are totally correct. u from the media too?
    lol yes, let's not go into that..

Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    In this case, we need to coordinate. We can buy 2 extra tickets for both corner of the seats (for our "lure tiger away" effect which shall be self-explanatory)

The rest of us just get seats all over the place. We should be using USM, SSM and quiet cameras or cameras with quiet shutters. The two corner seaters will bring F5 and 1v (without lenses and without film).

Everyone of us can shoot whenever we want, the two corner heroes will alternately trigger their shutters whenever they discover staff/bouncers heading towards the shooters.

Like that work or not? Any improvements?
    Your decoy will be asked to stop taking..n to keep their cameras. Take more, and you would be asked to go out to deposit your camera. Continue taking, keep up a big fuss, see the security come, then see who's the fool liaoz

Not worth it lah seriously, y dun u just go in to watch the concert/musical w/o taking photos..

..then it's time we whack them.

If I do that, I will be the one kena whacked by the security..

做这种事是女人的专利,不管是年轻小姐ah mah或auntie..

Quote Originally Posted by unseen View Post
    Well you can choose to believe me or not.
    For most concerts, you will not be allowed entry with your camera, especially if you bring a big lens.

Feel free to bring your cameras to try, they'll bar you entry to the concert if you refuse to give leave your camera outside. If you leave your camera outside, they're not going to be held responsible for your cameras. It's as good as leaving your cameras by the roadside, because they won't bother at all if someone was to go and take your camera. It's not their responsibility to watch over your camera, but to keep your camera from entering the concert hall. You can't fault them for that. Wanna waste your $$$$ equipment, or your $$ ticket?

I believe if you decide to make noise, the local security force at hand can arrest you for a number of charges including creating public nuisance. If you insist on taking on them, I'd love to watch you take on 8 beef cakes who will corner you and block your entire view of the concert and do their best to make you realise you will have to leave the hall.

The only way is to get yourself a press pass. That said, with a press pass, in the past quite a few concerts only allow the press to shoot during the first few songs, after which they will enforce the no photography rule.
    Oh.. I believe you. .. But believing and following is another matter..

Life is too short. If we do everything by the book, life will be so boring, and I would have not got anything to bring home after those concerts. I will always take such risks. In life we have taken/done/tried more risky things than this, why should this stop me?

I guess they can probably stop me, but there is not enough bouncers to stop the whole of CS member shooting. Me no scared..... I do not believe CS members are that easily frighten too.

Long live photo.. I believe in the photo gods.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast