Thread: Digiscoping

Default Digiscoping

Anyone here tried it before? Also is there a scope where i can use for both astrophotography as well as birding? Thanks

Default Re: Digiscoping

go to the science centre, the astro shop will give you a lot of answers. go for the good brands.
    stay away from stuff like raydawn or any brand that sounds funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mugimugi View Post
    Anyone here tried it before? Also is there a scope where i can use for both astrophotography as well as birding? Thanks
    For birding, you'll need to mount on a normal tripod. For astrophotogaphy, you'll need a tripod with proper motors to track the sky.

Hi Mugimugi

I was really keen in getting a scope too and found that Adorama sells the Celestron 102mm Wide-View at a very good price, US $197.99 for just the optical tube assembly (OTA). Ordered this scope with a T-ring adapter and waiting for it to arrive next week. http://www.adorama.com/CN102WF.html?searchinfo=celestron%20102mm%20wide%2 0view&item_no=1

It has a 4" front element & rated at 500mm/F5. So, for only S$300 for a Celestron, I hope it is OK. The only gripe I have about this scope is that it uses a focusing knob to focus instead of a normal helical focusing ring used in most lenses.

This scope can be used for terrestrial and celestial photography.

Have any brudders tried out this scope before ?

I've never tried digiscoping before, but my main concern is vignetting. Furthermore, the scope comes with 2 eyepieces to give a magnification of 20X and 50X. As I am using the D200 and F4E, can I need to insert the eyepiece before the t-ring adapters ? For a compact digicam, I believe you have to use the eyepiece to take photos.
    Last edited by raychan; 21st May 2007 at 04:42 PM.