Thread: Spare Parts Shop...

Default Spare Parts Shop...

Hi,

I have 2 philips electric fans that will not turn, and 1 of them is no longer powerful enough (I suspect that it is lack of lubricant). I feel that sending back to Philips is not worth the trouble, and the cost of repairing not be cheap. Also, it is too wasteful to throw a functioning fan away.

In addition, I also have a small functioning electric oven, just that the handle is broken.

I am thinking of getting the spare parts and do my own repair. Can anyone suggest any spare parts shops of reasonable price in Singapore?

Default Re: Spare Parts Shop...

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTime View Post
    Hi,

I have 2 philips electric fans that will not turn, and 1 of them is no longer powerful enough (I suspect that it is lack of lubricant). I feel that sending back to Philips is not worth the trouble, and the cost of repairing not be cheap. Also, it is too wasteful to throw a functioning fan away.

In addition, I also have a small functioning electric oven, just that the handle is broken.

I am thinking of getting the spare parts and do my own repair. Can anyone suggest any spare parts shops of reasonable price in Singapore?
    for fans, only the KDK and National are worth repairing.

for your fans, sound like need to recoil, but if your fan blade is not those aluminum type, think can just throw away, if you want to recoil, there is a workshop at blk 1013 Geylang East Ave 3, I know is at 2nd floor corner unit, there able to recoil fan motor, I ever sent a few fans to them for repairing, but I not sure are they still around, cos my last visit was a few year back.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

sometimes may not need to recoil. it's just the motorshaft part that spins need some cleaning and lubricating (with grease not WD40)

As for oven handle, try furniture shops or ikea for a suitable replacement. It need not look alike or you can even improvise your own handle. That's the spirit of DIYing!
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    sometimes may not need to recoil. it's just the motorshaft part that spins need some cleaning and lubricating (with grease not WD40)
    I think my case is that the motorshaft need greasing, as I can smell some sort of burn smell after the fan is turn on for a while. Just that I do not know what type of grease to get and where to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    As for oven handle, try furniture shops or ikea for a suitable replacement. It need not look alike or you can even improvise your own handle. That's the spirit of DIYing!
    Good suggestion, I think I will look around. Just missed the pasar malam at Jurong East.

I think my case is that the motorshaft need greasing, as I can smell some sort of burn smell after the fan is turn on for a while. Just that I do not know what type of grease to get and where to get it.

Good suggestion, I think I will look around. Just missed the pasar malam at Jurong East.
    burn smell.. confirm need to regrease and check if the shaft is bent. if it's bent that's causing the friction then can throw away already. my advise is to stop using the fan for the moment it can lead to fire later.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Hi,

Just an update of the parts that I am looking for, in case any of you come across them at any shops, please let me know so that I can determine whether to make my way down to get the items or not.

Item 1: Tricycle Bolt. This bolts holds the handle of the tricycle and main body of the children tricycle. I have checked with the neighbourhood bicycle shop, but they don't carry any spare parts for children tricycle.

Item 2: Electric Oven Handle. There is a crack on the screw socket of the handle, therefore, it always drop off from the cover. I remember this part is quite common previously, but I cannot recall where did I see them. Please help to suggest any possible shops that are still selling them.

Thanks for viewing, and hopefully, there is some useful suggestion.

Just an update of the parts that I am looking for, in case any of you come across them at any shops, please let me know so that I can determine whether to make my way down to get the items or not.

Item 1: Tricycle Bolt. This bolts holds the handle of the tricycle and main body of the children tricycle. I have checked with the neighbourhood bicycle shop, but they don't carry any spare parts for children tricycle.

Item 2: Electric Oven Handle. There is a crack on the screw socket of the handle, therefore, it always drop off from the cover. I remember this part is quite common previously, but I cannot recall where did I see them. Please help to suggest any possible shops that are still selling them.

Thanks for viewing, and hopefully, there is some useful suggestion.
    the first part i don't think you can find. this part shops don't sell. if you are really interested you can contact bike dealers like Aleoca or First track. maybe they can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    the first part i don't think you can find. this part shops don't sell. if you are really interested you can contact bike dealers like Aleoca or First track. maybe they can help you.
    OK, Thanks for your advise. If that the case, I think I will have to throw away the spoilt children tricycle away. The tricycle is still in a mint condition, and yet unable to get a spare parts. sad.