Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Punggol Fishermen

  1. #1

    Default Punggol Fishermen

    Night shot taken at Punggol jetty using self-timer.
    Newbie here so feel free to comment on anything which could've made this a better photo and me a better photographer.
    Fire away!


  2. #2
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default Re: Punggol Fishermen

    Quote Originally Posted by khairil View Post
    Night shot taken at Punggol jetty using self-timer.
    Newbie here so feel free to comment on anything which could've made this a better photo and me a better photographer.
    Fire away!

    Nothing adverse khairil,

    Just a nice shot.

    Exposure looks good.

    The photo doesn't capture me, but it is well taken.
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Little Red Dot
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: Punggol Fishermen

    Hi, I think the subject matter here will not lead to a fantastic shot, but I am thinking .....maybe a wider angle including more of the night sky .....stooping down to your smallest aperture to lengthen the time.....but get you something better....

  4. #4

    Default Re: Punggol Fishermen

    IMHO, should have placed the fishermen in lower left intersection of Rule of Thirds
    plus a tighter framing would have been better...
    72mm zoom is ur limit?
    Canon 400D:18-55:75-300:50F1.8:tokina 28-70F2.8:
    msn - viroxmk5@hotmail.com

  5. #5

    Default Re: Punggol Fishermen

    Quote Originally Posted by SnapJaX View Post
    IMHO, should have placed the fishermen in lower left intersection of Rule of Thirds
    plus a tighter framing would have been better...
    72mm zoom is ur limit?
    Hi there,

    Thanks for the tip!...120mm was my limit by the way...will keep ur comments in mind

  6. #6

    Default Re: Punggol Fishermen

    Brudda, think Centre Of Interest, the anchor point of your pics...
    Well, set up a photosite and get fellow photographers to critique =)
    I don't mind =)

    Well
    Shoot more, Learn more
    Happy Shooting ^^
    Canon 400D:18-55:75-300:50F1.8:tokina 28-70F2.8:
    msn - viroxmk5@hotmail.com

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Punggol Fishermen

    Quote Originally Posted by khairil View Post
    Night shot taken at Punggol jetty using self-timer.
    Newbie here so feel free to comment on anything which could've made this a better photo and me a better photographer.
    Fire away!

    it is a very nice place at night.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong, Pokfulam
    Posts
    1,157

    Default Re: Punggol Fishermen

    technically i find it acceptable. but the photo does not say anything by itself. how about u go to them, chat with them, and when they're comfy u can actually do a photoessay while they wait for the fish to bite?
    Canon 300D, 30D, 5D. 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS

  9. #9

    Default Re: Punggol Fishermen

    Quote Originally Posted by djork View Post
    technically i find it acceptable. but the photo does not say anything by itself. how about u go to them, chat with them, and when they're comfy u can actually do a photoessay while they wait for the fish to bite?
    WOW...I never thought of that. That's a really good idea! Perhaps, they would even be willing to strike a pose or two for me LOL. Thanks djork, i really appreciate ur input.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Punggol Fishermen

    The big question in the picture is: So? So what about fisherman fishing in industrial waters? Are you trying to say anything?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •