Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

  1. #1

    Default Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    Hello,

    The Raffles Junior College Photographic Society is organising this nation-wide photography competition just for students (born 1994 and before, and in a full-time course of study other than university), and I would like to invite all of you to take part. It's called the Singapore Schools Photography Competition 2007.

    The prizes are really fantastic, - we have 4 digital SLR cameras to give away, plus 10 compact cameras sponsored by Pentax! In total, the prizes are worth more than $10 000.

    There are two categories for photographs, colour and monochrome. Also, there's this new category called the photo essay category - where you submit photos and a short write-up to highlight a social issue in Singapore that matters to you. If you win, you get a digital SLR of and $500 to donate to a charity of your choice. You can submit an unlimited number of entries for all categories.

    The theme is Lumiere: to illuminate - and it focuses on photography's ability to bring things to light, and it's up to you to interpret it in any way.

    It doesn't matter if you're an amateur, just snap something that you think is good, submit it and stand to win the prizes.

    Please visit http://www.rjc.edu.sg/sspc07 for more details.

    Thanks!
    Last edited by rh89; 6th February 2007 at 08:17 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by rh89 View Post
    Hello,

    The Raffles Junior College Photographic Society is organising this nation-wide photography competition just for students (born 1994 and before, and in a full-time course of study other than university), and I would like to invite all of you to take part. It's called the Singapore Schools Photography Competition 2007.

    The prizes are really fantastic, - we have 4 digital SLR cameras to give away, plus 10 compact cameras sponsored by Pentax! In total, the prizes are worth more than $10 000.

    There are two categories for photographs, colour and monochrome. Also, there's this new category called the photo essay category - where you submit photos and a short write-up to highlight a social issue in Singapore that matters to you. If you win, you get a digital SLR of and $500 to donate to a charity of your choice. You can submit an unlimited number of entries for all categories.

    The theme is Lumiere: to illuminate - and it focuses on photography's ability to bring things to light, and it's up to you to interpret it in any way.

    It doesn't matter if you're an amateur, just snap something that you think is good, submit it and stand to win the prizes.

    Please visit http://www.rjc.edu.sg/sspc07 for more details.

    Thanks!
    Hi, How come i cannot print the download form?? i tried a few times.................

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    If you win, you get a digital SLR of and $500 to donate to a charity of your choice.

    lol ????????

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by limyouliang View Post
    If you win, you get a digital SLR of and $500 to donate to a charity of your choice.

    lol ????????
    mean u win... the charity gets the DSLR & you donate 500 to charity lah... duh...

    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by vanda View Post
    Hi, How come i cannot print the download form?? i tried a few times.................
    Hello, we tested the website and the forms are able to download and print properly. However, should your problem really persist, you can drop me a PM and I will email the forms to you. Thanks!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by limyouliang View Post
    If you win, you get a digital SLR of and $500 to donate to a charity of your choice.

    lol ????????
    If you win, you get the digital SLR and the charity of your choice gets $500.

  7. #7
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    must be born before 1994? max age is 13yrs old?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81 View Post
    must be born before 1994? max age is 13yrs old?
    1994 and before means 1994,1993.1992 and so on. So 13 yr old is minimum age.

  9. #9
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by postman View Post
    1994 and before means 1994,1993.1992 and so on. So 13 yr old is minimum age.
    oops,thanks for clarifying.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by rh89 View Post
    Hello, we tested the website and the forms are able to download and print properly. However, should your problem really persist, you can drop me a PM and I will email the forms to you. Thanks!

    can u pls resend the forms? ty......my email....vandagal2002@yahoo.com , ty

  11. #11

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    damn ... wish i were still in sch ... NSF can or not? ... =P

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    674

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    lolz... too bad... kekeke... oOps
    When life hands u lemons.... ASK FOR TEQUILA AND SALT!

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore, East Coast, Katong.
    Posts
    387

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    aiyo... why pentax? lol...

    see see loh... me O levels this year...

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    674

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    yeah why pentax... but better than nothing... me 'A' lvls this yr... still whacking! woots!
    When life hands u lemons.... ASK FOR TEQUILA AND SALT!

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sedna, Orion Stars
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    results released in Mid April!

    watch out for it!

  16. #16

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    1st april is a sunday, will monday be too late? =/

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sedna, Orion Stars
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    1st april is a sunday, will monday be too late? =/
    i think so. why not hand deliver it? bishan (:

    at least it confirms ur entry

  18. #18

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post
    i think so. why not hand deliver it? bishan (:

    at least it confirms ur entry
    today's friday already, how to get it printed + delivered? lols.

    will be hand delivering thou, but fastest by monday. =(

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sedna, Orion Stars
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    if go by law, monday is really too late. im not from rjc, so i cant comment.

    print today la, ask for on the spot service, KT should be nice enough to accomodate. otherwise, dont join lo.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the other side
    Posts
    2,046

    Default Re: Singapore Schools Photography Competition

    er the deadline is 9th april, no?

    COMPETITION LAUNCH DATE: 1st FEBRUARY 2007
    CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 9th April 2007

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •