Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 108

Thread: Singnet Sucks!

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    Aiyo, wat to do since i still under contract leh.. suck thumb n serve lor~~ Actually all communication lines are maintained by singtel, sing or hub are no factor to me.. just let me online will do..
    pac net may lease tel lines from singtel.. but starhub do lay their own cables from the previous SCV. I remember them digging and digging at my to lay the cables. So hub don't necessarily lease lines from singtel.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  2. #42

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    Sinknet is really ridiculous. I cannot receive a signal from their servers and the pathetic tech support tells me it's due to my modem at home. What a joke.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Klose View Post
    Sinknet is really ridiculous. I cannot receive a signal from their servers and the pathetic tech support tells me it's due to my modem at home. What a joke.
    Try another modem, from another phone point. If still no signal, then go get them. Don't give up!

  4. #44
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    pac net may lease tel lines from singtel.. but starhub do lay their own cables from the previous SCV. I remember them digging and digging at my to lay the cables. So hub don't necessarily lease lines from singtel.
    hmmm... hopefully starhub dun give u any problems...

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,188

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    I jump from SH to ST as I need a laptop and also, telephone line is nearer to me. In the end, I found out that ST free router keeps on offline n so, some time while doing $ transaction, scare cannot go through. So, when time up, see how lor and if can, get back SH. Hardly go online game, lag or not, hack care.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    How's the new MIO service? anyone on it?

  7. #47

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    Feel that hubbing is better ... with the unbeatable maxtv.

  8. #48
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind View Post
    How's the new MIO service? anyone on it?
    Not gd.. My friend using it.. He talks intermittently~~ better dun subsribe to mio... Dun know how the rest are faring...

  9. #49

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    Not gd.. My friend using it.. He talks intermittently~~ better dun subsribe to mio... Dun know how the rest are faring...
    I got it too...was a nightmare at first but after a couple of days of my pestering, they finally came to fix the line and now I even have 13mbits with a 10mbits subscription hee hee.

    Just be patient.

    _

  10. #50
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    I got it too...was a nightmare at first but after a couple of days of my pestering, they finally came to fix the line and now I even have 13mbits with a 10mbits subscription hee hee.

    Just be patient.

    _
    Sweetness comes after some bitterness~~ for u hehe

  11. #51

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by xunjas View Post
    Sweetness comes after some bitterness~~ for u hehe
    Yep, yep!

    My line went completely dead and it turned out that it was due to a couple of faulty wires in my block's exchange and in their regional exchange, so it was a problem that could only be fixed when they came down. But I sort of had to keep calling them every other hour before they would finally agree to an appointment 5 days ahead of my appointment.

    _

  12. #52
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    Yep, yep!

    My line went completely dead and it turned out that it was due to a couple of faulty wires in my block's exchange and in their regional exchange, so it was a problem that could only be fixed when they came down. But I sort of had to keep calling them every other hour before they would finally agree to an appointment 5 days ahead of my appointment.

    _
    for u to keep bugging them.. customers should ensure they get quality services..

  13. #53

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    I got it too...was a nightmare at first but after a couple of days of my pestering, they finally came to fix the line and now I even have 13mbits with a 10mbits subscription hee hee.

    Just be patient.

    _
    wow, 10m! guess u need new hdds soon...

  14. #54

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    I think all networks have their problems. Physical lines age and breakdown all the time. However, the difference lies in the way the staff handles our feedback.

    From my experience, Starhub and Pacnet staff are far more helpful. I remember having problems with my Pacnet when I stayed at my old house, which was literally old. The land lines outside my house gets erratic, especially when it rains. However, the Pacnet staff was competent, and guided me through all the trouble shooting, to ascertain that the fault does not lie with my line or modem. This is so that he can send people to deal with the line outside my house (probably owned by Singtel).

    The Singnet staff on the phone was quite useless. When I told them the steps I took to troubleshoot, and my assessment of the situation, they were not interested. They just wanted to send their team down... but their team can only respond in 2 weeks time. It was only after I kicked up a fuss that they started listening and resolved the problem (which was actually at their server-side).

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    1,777

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    i remember a few months ago i posted in clubsnap saying "IF u do go and sign up the singnet, i hope i will not see another thread called [singnet sucks!]"

    my prophecy indeed came true again dunno how many times already. Any other ppl who see this thread, pls change to starhub and stop singnet. Its really disturbing to see [singnet sucks!] thread again and again....

    yes they are bad, so just make the switch regardless of watever promo they got. Even if another ppl force u to sign singnet, just reject it.

    i pray i do not have to see the same kind of thread again.
    Last edited by kcuf2; 8th February 2007 at 10:40 AM.
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    lol...singnet ok mah...as long as ur line gt no prob...haha...im happy with singnet connection...
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    1,777

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    lol...singnet ok mah...as long as ur line gt no prob...haha...im happy with singnet connection...
    u know for starhub, when i called in, wat the technician do is, they immediately test whether they can connect to my comp from their side. And when they found that they can connect, they give me step by step instructions to configure my router, modem etc. until it works.

    And of course there are times when its their fault, and they told me direct that its their technician doing upgrading. Although i m pissed that they do upgrade without informing me, at least they never lie to me and claim its my fault.

    Thats the reason why even singnet go so many promos and give so many notebooks, i cant be bothered to give a dam.
    brand new mac notebooks or hp notebook for u when u sign up is not enough to cover the headaches and angryness that i have to go thru every month due to their frequent DC

    [to be fair, i m a previous singnet user for 3 years, and for my case, i had to complain almost every month, the line just keep DC and they claim its my fault. FINE i cant take it anymore, i cancel it and change to starhub, and guess wat? Now i only call 1633 less than 2 times A YEAR.]
    Last edited by kcuf2; 8th February 2007 at 10:50 AM.
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

  18. #58

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    u know for starhub, when i called in, wat the technician do is, they immediately test whether they can connect to my comp from their side. And when they found that they can connect, they give me step by step instructions to configure my router, modem etc. until it works.

    And of course there are times when its their fault, and they told me direct that its their technician doing upgrading. Although i m pissed that they do upgrade without informing me, at least they never lie to me and claim its my fault.

    Thats the reason why even singnet go so many promos and give so many notebooks, i cant be bothered to give a dam.
    brand new mac notebooks or hp notebook for u when u sign up is not enough to cover the headaches and angryness that i have to go thru every month due to their frequent DC

    [to be fair, i m a previous singnet user for 3 years, and for my case, i had to complain almost every month, the line just keep DC and they claim its my fault. FINE i cant take it anymore, i cancel it and change to starhub, and guess wat? Now i only call 1633 less than 2 times A YEAR.]
    I use StarHub mobile. Their 1633 helpline is excellent. They must spend a lot on training.

  19. #59
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    lol...singnet ok mah...as long as ur line gt no prob...haha...im happy with singnet connection...
    i m just contented w my singnet connection as long as they dun give me any problem...

  20. #60
    Senior Member xunjas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapura
    Posts
    6,490

    Default Re: Singnet Sucks!

    Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    I think all networks have their problems. Physical lines age and breakdown all the time. However, the difference lies in the way the staff handles our feedback.

    From my experience, Starhub and Pacnet staff are far more helpful. I remember having problems with my Pacnet when I stayed at my old house, which was literally old. The land lines outside my house gets erratic, especially when it rains. However, the Pacnet staff was competent, and guided me through all the trouble shooting, to ascertain that the fault does not lie with my line or modem. This is so that he can send people to deal with the line outside my house (probably owned by Singtel).

    The Singnet staff on the phone was quite useless. When I told them the steps I took to troubleshoot, and my assessment of the situation, they were not interested. They just wanted to send their team down... but their team can only respond in 2 weeks time. It was only after I kicked up a fuss that they started listening and resolved the problem (which was actually at their server-side).
    seems like singnet or singtel complacent w their mega share in the comms market in sg.. can tell from their customer service.. unless pac net which has pretty small share in the sg market.. starhub shops r always jam packed w customers all e time.. i see the branch @ tampines mall always crowded..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •