When i started with singnet, took me countless calls coz there was no signal, until service man found that it was not connected properly at the ground floor...my mind is made up...fat green pipe here i come...
I think the local "big" company could do much better with the service. But based on the fact that we don't have much choice here, the CSO often choose to just give us such sub standard services.
Only reason I'm sticking with SNBB is due to the fact that the gaming latency is much better than the fat green pipe. I get less than 15ms.
I wrote in through their website to complain... I also posted at HWZ forum and here... I guess I caught someone's attention because I just got a phonecall. They have reset the connection at their server side. So, I will check the connection again when I get home.
I know my home phoneline is good because my apartment is quite new and the Pacnet connection was good.
Let's hope for the best.
No, it's not too much to ask. The fact is that since you've moved to a new location, did you checked that your new location will support ADSL before you've made the decision to choose SingNet and relocate? This is your responsibility, not SingNet's. Of course, you can check with them before you made the decision, not after.
After getting my complain email and probably reading this post, the Singnet technicians checked their server-end and solved the problem. I wonder why they won't believe that there's a problem on their side from the start. That would have saved everyone the pain.
Also goes to show that sometimes, kicking up a big fuss is the way to go. Alternatively, I could have waited silently until 17 Feb for their linesman to confirm that there's no ADSL signal before they do anything.
They think customers need them and not the other way around... however, the newer breed of Account Directors not from the past era are pretty good... but I think they don't serve the consumer markets.
complain also no use? stuck already with contract...
well it isn't so much of "kicking up a big fuss"
but knowing your rights
me, i believe in being firm in getting my customer's right
but you don't have to be aggressive or loud - logic will win you the day, along with clear statement of facts and a cool mind =)
For example, the procedure probably says that they linesman must come to check first before they will initiate any action at their server side. So, whatever I said did not matter... All the operators were trained to follow this procedure.
But when they read about the situation in complain letters (which probably goes to their internal audit), and forums... they probably jumped into action to contain the consequences.
The solution was actually very simple, but big companies are like that... Sometimes the different departments get disconnected and they don't make much sense as a whole.
I had 3 bad experiences with singnet broadband.. I could not log on to the internet for 3 occasions.
1. Tell n email singnet that u have done every single isolation method and replacing every single component of your pc system. You cannot go online. So u dun have to waste time trouble shooting...
2. Tell or email them to send technicians to check on the cables outside the house units. Tell them to come asap. Even u not home also tell them to come n inspect.
- 1st 2 occasions, the cable connectors were corroded hence i cannot log into the internet. Problem was solved after the technicians replaced the connectors.
3. If singnet do not revert to you or forget to get back to u, do send an email to www.ida.gov.sg. Mention about their poor services. Pls be truthful in the email. IDA will forward the email to Singnet. Within a week, the singnet manager will ring ring you. Here is an email for IDA - Ms Shella LEE <Shella_LEE@ida.gov.sg>
4. Ask for singnet manager for a refund. Say why should i pay when i do get to use the internet. I ask for refund and they made a refund.
Hopefully this method is helpful to people who faced the same problem as i did before.
i'm also having some problems with singnet rite now! My signal was ok for 1 week but at the end of last week i get very frequent disconnection and this morning(yesterday) i cant log-on at all...i called the hotline 2x but till now i cant log-on...i'm going to call them again once i get back from work this morning... poor service...