Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 93

Thread: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

  1. #61

    Smile Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    haha. once, i sticked out like a sore thumb at a paid studio model shoot when i shoot my way. i do not care. after all, i am paying. i will shoot the way i want, short of anything not in good taste.

    Quote Originally Posted by student View Post
    Is the lack of orginality a problem with the "mass orgy"?

    Or is it the problem of the photographer?
    Last edited by reachme2003; 6th February 2007 at 05:41 PM.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    That goes without saying for little details like this. What I'm saying is that posing is not entirely 100% the photog's job. A good model will be able to make full use of her assets to portrait herself best in front of the cam.

    Why pengzzzz???
    Again, the same question, What do you want from the shoot?

    If you're shooting for the model's portfolio or the intention is to create an image of a beautiful model, than Yes, I will agreed with you. The model will most likely have seen more images of herself than you have, to know what is her best angle and assets and how best to present them ( But she must not take over control ).

    But if you're creating your own image/vision/concept, than only you will have a 100% image of how the image will look like. You can try to comunicate the idea to the model but you, the photographer, must direct the model. Her best angle or assets, presented in the best way, may not be the best in this case and only you will know.

    So, we're back to sq 1, What do you want from the shoot?
    If the photographer don't have a clear direction of what he/she wants from the shoot, how is he/she going to direct?

  3. #63
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    seriously, have u guys tot of shooting your friends rather than going for these paid shoots?

    i mean, friends, you know them, they know you, communication is easy.

    unless, one doesnt have a lot of friends or only wanna ogle at bikini babes lor.
    We don't have that many bikini friends like you have.

  4. #64
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    save your $ next time.engage me as your MUA and fashion consultant.
    And also as The Model too?


  5. #65
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    There are many good views.

    Looking at the situation as a whole and as the question was first put forward.

    As you mentioned, the organizer is not a photographer so with this in mind.....

    Of the 6 that gain entrance, that 2 or 3 are not new at this kind of shoot.

    Allow each of the 2 or 3 to work with the model for their shots in the first 2 hours.

    As each of the select 2 or 3 work, before changing, the newbies are given time to take their shots too.

    The newbies are encouraged to question the seasoned 2 or 3 as to why.

    In the 3rd hour the seasoned 2 or 3 stand back and watch the newbies at work, assisting as they can.

    Ok this is a very broad idea and not in depth reguarding makeup/ dress/ etc.

    But if given the question, this is probably my starting point of thought.

    That being, I can have 6 people with cameras for a shoot ... how would I start.

    Cheers
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  6. #66

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    the worst is to have very selfish photographer:

    1)elbow me while getting a shoot
    2)keep on SHOUTING (very near) to the model to look at him


  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    We don't have that many bikini friends like you have.
    Aiyo, she girl mah, so girl friends ware bikini in front of another girl friend not so shy mah

    Anyway, why must be bikini? ( yqt trying to act blur )

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    There are many good views.

    Looking at the situation as a whole and as the question was first put forward.

    As you mentioned, the organizer is not a photographer so with this in mind.....

    Of the 6 that gain entrance, that 2 or 3 are not new at this kind of shoot.

    Allow each of the 2 or 3 to work with the model for their shots in the first 2 hours.

    As each of the select 2 or 3 work, before changing, the newbies are given time to take their shots too.

    The newbies are encouraged to question the seasoned 2 or 3 as to why.

    In the 3rd hour the seasoned 2 or 3 stand back and watch the newbies at work, assisting as they can.

    Ok this is a very broad idea and not in depth reguarding makeup/ dress/ etc.

    But if given the question, this is probably my starting point of thought.

    That being, I can have 6 people with cameras for a shoot ... how would I start.

    Cheers
    Very good points but may be hard to do.

    To share and to guild is being kind and nobel. But we have to remember that this is a paid shoot where the photographers, regardless seasoned or not paid to shoot. And if we go as you have suggested, than it seems that it is expected of the seasoned photographers to guild the newbies along. The newbies coming to the shoot will also come with the impression in mind that they will be guilded along by a season photographer at the shoot.
    If the season photographer meets a newbie whom he just can't click with, he still have to guild him along as this is expected of him ( the season photographers have, after all been given a special session to take charge and shoot 1 on 1 for the the first 2 hours ).
    And if the newbie, for one reason or another feels that he's not getting the right/enough guildance, would he not felt short changed?

    As I said, very good points from Pablo, but it may be more be suited for a free or TFCD. Not, in my opinion, for a paid shoot

    Just my 2 cts worth.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    Quote Originally Posted by simon80 View Post
    the worst is to have very selfish photographer:

    1)elbow me while getting a shoot
    2)keep on SHOUTING (very near) to the model to look at him

    That's something I have been force to do, sometimes ................ when I'm the one who's been paid to shoot

  10. #70

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    Let me twist the situation a bit.

    1 model, very hot model, 10-12 photographers.

    Organiser is the hands off type. Go shoot was the last instruction.

    You have 3 hours. What will you do and how to get a decent picture?

    Bare in mind, it's 9:30am in the morning, shoot started behind schedule, and by 11am, the lights will be hast and not reallyusable for any decent shot. Shades? Not really.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Let me twist the situation a bit.

    1 model, very hot model, 10-12 photographers.

    Organiser is the hands off type. Go shoot was the last instruction.

    You have 3 hours. What will you do and how to get a decent picture?

    Bare in mind, it's 9:30am in the morning, shoot started behind schedule, and by 11am, the lights will be hast and not reallyusable for any decent shot. Shades? Not really.
    10 to 12 Photog?

  12. #72

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    10 to 12 Photog?
    not unheard of. not common, but it happenned.

    So, what will you do.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  13. #73

    Smile Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    i concurred. on a paid shoot, there are no obligation to 'guide' or 'share'. if there is any, purely on a voluntary basis.

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    As I said, very good points from Pablo, but it may be more be suited for a free or TFCD. Not, in my opinion, for a paid shoot

    Just my 2 cts worth.

  14. #74

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    10-12 photogs?

    in the first place, why take up so many as the organiser?
    the organiser should be whacked.
    all this for more profit?or what?

    make sure all the photogs know there are going to be 12 photogs.
    else if i sign up not knowing, i'll surely ask for refund and i'll walk out of the shoot.

    10-12 is like maciam car show everyone free and easy shooting the racequeens.
    really no diff.

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Let me twist the situation a bit.

    1 model, very hot model, 10-12 photographers.

    Organiser is the hands off type. Go shoot was the last instruction.

    You have 3 hours. What will you do and how to get a decent picture?

    Bare in mind, it's 9:30am in the morning, shoot started behind schedule, and by 11am, the lights will be hast and not reallyusable for any decent shot. Shades? Not really.
    Bring a ladder and a twa leng kong lens. Like mattlock's recent Canon lens shoot at Sentosa.

  16. #76

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    10-12 photogs?

    in the first place, why take up so many as the organiser?
    the organiser should be whacked.
    all this for more profit?or what?

    make sure all the photogs know there are going to be 12 photogs.
    else if i sign up not knowing, i'll surely ask for refund and i'll walk out of the shoot.

    10-12 is like maciam car show everyone free and easy shooting the racequeens.
    really no diff.
    it was like this last time... a long long time ago... when u were still no here yet... thats y its called mass orgy shoot mah...

  17. #77
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    10-12 photogs?

    in the first place, why take up so many as the organiser?
    the organiser should be whacked.
    all this for more profit?or what?

    make sure all the photogs know there are going to be 12 photogs.
    else if i sign up not knowing, i'll surely ask for refund and i'll walk out of the shoot.

    10-12 is like maciam car show everyone free and easy shooting the racequeens.
    really no diff.
    Agreed, shld ask for a refund.

    Unless he/she is a celebrity i like then ok
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  18. #78

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    How should a group model photo shoot be organized, to give the participants the best photography experience and the chance to get that sought after image?

    Here is the hypothetical model photo shoot.

    1. 1 model.
    2. Duration 3 hours inclusive.
    3. 3 outfits – 2 smart casual/clubbing, 1 bikini/beach.
    4. Make up artist will do the initial make up, & won't be available during the shoot.
    5. Let’s assume 6 photographers signed up, this is min/max participants.
    6. Organizer is is not photographer. No photography equipmetn provided.
    7. Location – in town.
    8. Cost - $60 to $75 per pax.

    Now, how should the shoot be organized?
    Massive orgy, all the photographers jostling for position, all “gunning” for the “kill”;
    Each photographer allotted a set time to direct/work the model. Others may shoot over his/her shoulders.

    Which do you prefer, and more importantly, why? If you have other alternative suggestions or solutions, we would love to hear them.

    I am going to OT my own thread a bit here. How about hearing your own reasons and expectations for joining group model shoots?
    my suggestion...

    timing of shoot;
    1st outfit - 1 hour
    2nd outfit - 1 hour
    3rd outfit - 1 hour
    (provide 5 mins break for model between change of outfits to touch up own makeup/rest.)

    for each outfit, pair up 2 photogs per session of 20 mins. each photog in the team of 2 will take turns being the main photog and dictates the lighting and pose of the model for 10 mins. the other photog in the team will shoot from the sidelines (just behind the main photog) without using flash and without getting in the way of the main photog. 6 photogs = 3 teams of 2 x 20 mins each = 1 hour per outfit x 3 outfits = 3 hrs.

    the rest of the photogs, while waiting their turn, can plan ahead what lighting/poses they want to achieve, or to share their pics/discuss with the rest.


  19. #79

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    questions.

    1)does the model leave ON THE DOT?as in say shoot ends at 3pm.
    so at 3pm zun zun on the dot she will say, 'times up, that's all folks'.

    2)20 minutes each group according to zaren.
    seriously, newbies like me, 20 minutes can take how many shots ah?
    when i shot my friends, it took me so long to get to the correct pose.not to mention looking out for the elements like messy hair, chopped off thumb and such.
    maybe you guys are damn experienced.
    but coming from a newbie POV,20 mins for me, i confirm stressed.
    is 20mins seriously enough to shoot 1 outfit?
    shouldnt the organiser limit change of outfits?
    i reckon 2 outfits shall do the trick.

  20. #80

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Agreed, shld ask for a refund.

    Unless he/she is a celebrity i like then ok
    eeeyer, lidat also can wan.

    but seriously, 12 photogs in a group shoot.
    i'll be like YILISHENGXIAN.
    i'll pay $10 and go whack car shows the moment the door open till the doors close..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •