Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Jeannie,

Perhaps, sometimes, it not because it is difficult to call our friends to shoot. Many people choose to shoot a good/pro model as the model knows how to work with the photogs. Things like giggling, fidgiting and unsure what to do will just make the session a lot longer. Thats why there are sessions called tfcd to help a amature learn the skills required to be a model.

cheers
    my jeanie only has 1 n.

when it comes to shooting, i'm serious with my friends.i even lend them my clothes and accesories.
    little jokes to ease up her face ok.excessive tcss, i wont.so far i shot 4 of my friends without any delay or whatsoever.

tfcd to help amatuer learn skills?
    but have you thought about this...

is the photographer QUALIFIED enough to 'teach'?so end of the day, what will she learn if the photographer is a shy guy who doesnt communicate, and who is a newbie, or is someone who's a lau jiao in photography but absolutely clueless in posing models?

Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Btw, want to clarify, it was an organised shoot Sat. The organisation was good, just difficult to shoot sometime with so many people, so little time.

If it's an organised shoot, MUA and organiser profit, all inclusive in the total take. For my example, let's use $60/pax. Total take is $360, that will have to cover everything, model's fee, MUA, studio if any (I doubt it), transportation, refreshment (if any), organiser's profit.
    360 can cover everything?

man...if i am organiser, i will find it damn hard to make ends meet every month.

MUA so cheap?mine charges avg 75. and it's because i use her almost everytime for my DnD, functions, wedding dinners and such.

how to cover cost like that?goodness

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    seriously, have u guys tot of shooting your friends rather than going for these paid shoots?

i mean, friends, you know them, they know you, communication is easy.

unless, one doesnt have a lot of friends or only wanna ogle at bikini babes lor.
    I agreed. I would rather spend the money on a MUA. You'll be surprise how much diff a good MUA can do to a otherwise normal looking face. Even models, actress may look like your auntie next door without make up.

The only diff between a train pro model and your friend is that your friend don't know how to pose. But isn't that what what you want to learn? How to direct the model and look out for posing pit falls? If every shot the train model pose for you and being trained, get it right for you, woun't you have learn one thing less?

Quote Originally Posted by student View Post
    Is the lack of orginality a problem with the "mass orgy"?

Or is it the problem of the photographer?
    aiyoh, it's just personal point of view. not everyone likes mass orgy, some prefer to be sincere and faithful being 1 to 1. just like yourselves, i believed you like mass orgy. it's all subjective wat.
    Games of Thrones.....

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Jeannie,

Perhaps, sometimes, it not because it is difficult to call our friends to shoot. Many people choose to shoot a good/pro model as the model knows how to work with the photogs. Things like giggling, fidgiting and unsure what to do will just make the session a lot longer. Thats why there are sessions called tfcd to help a amature learn the skills required to be a model.

cheers
    however, it is hard to get one for TFCD these day there is still some tho. look at the 'wanted' sub-forum, everyone is upzzzing everyday and many is related to TFCD, including me, but i dun do it daily, mayb once a forenight?

static, i really have problems with jargons...

what's chi hong?
    me too, not sure

Can. Last Sat, sat around waiting for my turn, waited for about an hour and have 10 minutes to shoot. Quickily set up one light with large softbox, check how the lights fall on the model, decided on 3 different poses, got off about 12-15 shots per pose, all same with minor adjustment here and there, got 3 images that I can use.

Cannot. The above was my first round. Round 2 and 3, SNAFU! Nothing really to show, maybe 1 just for record.

Btw, for a model shoot, the 3 hours are for shooting. Makeup is done prior to the shoot, and the time should not be charge against the photographers.
    For the last statement, is that for organisers or is that for models? I find that its fair that makeup time is also paid for, for us photographers its shooting time. for Models.. its their time. meaning from the time they arrive. till they can leave. given that there is some give n take between models n photogs, but overall. its a compromise, not a must have... on the models part that is. model is booked for 3 hrs... she arrives n leaves in 3 hrs...

i dont noe about u guys.
    but posing models IS a photographer's job.(imho).

and only YOU can see through the VF.

of course experienced model helps.
    but if she/he too experience, she may not even heed what you want him/her to do.
    especially if she/he noes you newbie.

save your $ next time.engage me as your MUA and fashion consultant.

360 can cover everything?

man...if i am organiser, i will find it damn hard to make ends meet every month.

MUA so cheap?mine charges avg 75. and it's because i use her almost everytime for my DnD, functions, wedding dinners and such.

how to cover cost like that?goodness
    You won't be surprise, if it comes to light, how little some, or alot of the models are being paid by the organisers. Then, most organsiers, really do not make any money.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Octane69 View Post
    For the last statement, is that for organisers or is that for models? I find that its fair that makeup time is also paid for, for us photographers its shooting time. for Models.. its their time. meaning from the time they arrive. till they can leave. given that there is some give n take between models n photogs, but overall. its a compromise, not a must have... on the models part that is. model is booked for 3 hrs... she arrives n leaves in 3 hrs...
    octane, you are correct. From someone joining a group shoot, I do not care how many hours the model has to arrive before hadn to do the make up, that is the problem betweent he model and the organisers. I expect the shootiung time to start when the shutter started to click.

Of course, for the model, a 3 hour shoot is probably a minimum of 4 if not 5 hours, when make up is added in.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

You won't be surprise, if it comes to light, how little some, or alot of the models are being paid by the organisers. Then, most organsiers, really do not make any money.
    organsiers i believe is usually part-timer IMHO, not sure why too, i think is because of the small earnings. you would hav to be very establish like those found in the Workshops, Studio/Model Shoots forum. even now, to ad the shoot, they would also have to pay too. i believe the price would increase even more to cover the cost.

btw, for those who went for like 3hrs of shoot, do u keep pressing your shutter or is in a one-by-one format(line-up)?

i dont understand underlined sentence.

and if dont make $, organise for what?
    as a get together between buddies and shoot for fun?

ah, the thread that was started after reading the red cheongsam in Portraits.
    good.

okay, to me, i think each photographer should exercise their own discretion.
    be it to allow others to shoot, move away, watch out for other shooters,
    take not of the shooters who are shooting tele so that you dun get in their way.
    this also applies to the shooters with wide lens. if you know you are using wide, then make
    it as fast as possible and get away from the firing line of the tele's!

on the organiser front, i would disagree with a timed programme.
    this adds to the stress and 'unfriendliness' of the shoot.
    it would feel too much like taking test. why would i need to rush my shots as a shooter?

if i am unsure of a shot, i would just stand away, think about what i want,
    and later when there is a window of opportunity, grab it politely.
    this can also be done by asking for permission from the other shooters or organisers.

i guess its all up to us guys!
    The sooner you get it, the longer you enjoy it.
    I welcome you @ www.benaw.zenfolio.com

Don't agree totally. It's not entirely the photog's job. It won't hurt for the model to say, hey, you care to try if I pose this/that way? Photog is not superman. He/she sometimes will have brain block you know...

Anyway, come to the question on how many photogs to a model. Best is 1-1, but for a group shoot, 2-1 max. So the entire group should not be more than 4, and broken down into 2 groups of 2 each.

i dont noe about u guys.
    but posing models IS a photographer's job.(imho).

and only YOU can see through the VF.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Don't agree totally. It's not entirely the photog's job. It won't hurt for the model to say, hey, you care to try if I pose this/that way? Photog is not superman. He/she sometimes will have brain block you know...

Anyway, come to the question on how many photogs to a model. Best is 1-1, but for a group shoot, 2-1 max. So the entire group should not be more than 4, and broken down into 2 groups of 2 each.
    pengzzzz....

of course, model is free to pose as she likes.
    but, as photographer, only YOU can see her messy hair, her 'chopped off' thumb,her armpit hair, her masculine calf muscles and such.
    when i say P O S E, i take ALL these elements into consideration.

A very well known fashion photographer was once quoted in an interview,
    " In a fashion or concept shoot, you can get away with murder. I can over expose the image and call it high key. Under expose it and call it mood lighting. So long as I don't over do it, who's to say I'm wrong? But if you can't direct the model, you better go and shoot product shots. "

I still have young new models who work with me base on TFCD. I plan/light/pose and try to do something which I can call my own. But sometimes it may be better to just let someone else shoot while you stand behind and direct the models. That's how I learn model direction.

That goes without saying for little details like this. What I'm saying is that posing is not entirely 100% the photog's job. A good model will be able to make full use of her assets to portrait herself best in front of the cam.

Why pengzzzz???

pengzzzz....

of course, model is free to pose as she likes.
    but, as photographer, only YOU can see her messy hair, her 'chopped off' thumb,her armpit hair, her masculine calf muscles and such.
    when i say P O S E, i take ALL these elements into consideration.

Would love to, but my TFCD models may not be able to afford your charges

I always need good and cheap, free is even better, stylist!
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

If got lobang, please let me know...free lagi best!

I always need good and cheap, free is even better, stylist!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast