Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 93

Thread: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

  1. #1

    Default How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    How should a group model photo shoot be organized, to give the participants the best photography experience and the chance to get that sought after image?

    Here is the hypothetical model photo shoot.

    1. 1 model.
    2. Duration 3 hours inclusive.
    3. 3 outfits – 2 smart casual/clubbing, 1 bikini/beach.
    4. Make up artist will do the initial make up, & won't be available during the shoot.
    5. Let’s assume 6 photographers signed up, this is min/max participants.
    6. Organizer is is not photographer. No photography equipmetn provided.
    7. Location – in town.
    8. Cost - $60 to $75 per pax.

    Now, how should the shoot be organized?
    Massive orgy, all the photographers jostling for position, all “gunning” for the “kill”;
    Each photographer allotted a set time to direct/work the model. Others may shoot over his/her shoulders.

    Which do you prefer, and more importantly, why? If you have other alternative suggestions or solutions, we would love to hear them.

    I am going to OT my own thread a bit here. How about hearing your own reasons and expectations for joining group model shoots?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    For para 6, 6 photog is just too many.

    4 photog is the max for a model.

  3. #3

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    For para 6, 6 photog is just too many.

    4 photog is the max for a model.
    Agreed. However, within the given parameters, how will you do it?

    If you look at all the model shoots, 3 hours and 6 photographers appear to be a very standard norm.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  4. #4

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Agreed. However, within the given parameters, how will you do it?

    If you look at all the model shoots, 3 hours and 6 photographers appear to be a very standard norm.
    Yup, sometimes up to 8 photogs

  5. #5
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    For para 6, 6 photog is just too many.

    4 photog is the max for a model.
    Agreed, 1 model how to let 6 shoot ? Worse thing to do is to split them into groups of 2 and take turns to shoot. Pay $ liao still have to wait for turn to shoot... 3 hours end up only 1hr plus of shooting time for each participant.
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  6. #6

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Pay $ liao still have to wait for turn to shoot... 3 hours end up only 1hr plus of shooting time for each participant.
    Agreed ....
    always the Light, .... always.

  7. #7

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    dp, told you b4.
    1 on 1 is the best.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    seriously don't know.

    if mass orgy, not so stress-out! but no originality.

    if 1 to 1, super stress-out. throat suddenly grow a lump. brain goes dead! dun know how/what to ask model to pose. model and photographer look each other and nothing happens, clock ticking away!
    Games of Thrones.....

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    sewage drain/manhole
    Posts
    5,011

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?
    depends on one want to earn how much.
    after those add-on cost.

  10. #10

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    Quote Originally Posted by dfstan View Post
    seriously don't know.

    if mass orgy, not so stress-out! but no originality.

    if 1 to 1, super stress-out. throat suddenly grow a lump. brain goes dead! dun know how/what to ask model to pose. model and photographer look each other and nothing happens, clock ticking away!
    dunno about you guys, but when i plan to shoot, i think very hard the night before, or many nights before.

    i make a list of poses or bookmark magazines, i talk to the model and find out what she likes/dislikes.

    then when the actual time comes, i take things at my own pace.look at almost every element before i shoot.
    all the comments that i anticipate coming from csers' critics flowed through my mind.
    and i fire away.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    dp, told you b4.
    1 on 1 is the best.

    Ideally i like 1 on 1. Sometimes to split costs, I ask 2 other photog along and still can share ideas and enjoy the shoot

  12. #12

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    Let me steer us back a bit.

    Given senario I outlined, if you have complete charge of the arrangement, how will you do it?

    Cost is fixed at $60-$75. How do you, one of six photographers at the model shoot, what to organsise the actual shoot? How?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  13. #13

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    For para 6, 6 photog is just too many.

    4 photog is the max for a model.
    Realistic?

    Assuming a cost of S70.00 per participant, total revenue is $280.00.

    How much does it cost to hire a professional model for three hours? $200.00? $250.00?

    Which organizer in his right mind wants to do all that work for a paltry $30.00 or $80.00? Not factoring in other expenses.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    393

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    dunno about you guys, but when i plan to shoot, i think very hard the night before, or many nights before.

    i make a list of poses or bookmark magazines, i talk to the model and find out what she likes/dislikes.

    then when the actual time comes, i take things at my own pace.look at almost every element before i shoot.
    all the comments that i anticipate coming from csers' critics flowed through my mind.
    and i fire away.
    that is a very good idea. lesson learnt without even paying anything! cheers!
    Games of Thrones.....

  15. #15

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    Quote Originally Posted by dfstan View Post
    if mass orgy, not so stress-out! but no originality.
    Is the lack of orginality a problem with the "mass orgy"?

    Or is it the problem of the photographer?

  16. #16

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Ideally i like 1 on 1. Sometimes to split costs, I ask 2 other photog along and still can share ideas and enjoy the shoot
    yup yup.

    one of the reasons why i do not join cs shoots is, 6 photogs on a model,

    1)i'll be damn stressed.cos i'm still in learning stage.
    2)i'll just fire behind/beside another photog, so will that make my pic different?other than exposure settings and slight diff in compo(zoom in out).
    3)even if the model did a good pose, it could be due to one experience photog in the group.so even if i make a good shot, i wont take credit for it.(cos all i did was to fire the shutter)?
    4)eye contact.where exactly will the model look?it's 2 eyes vs 12.
    5)i'm shy.

  17. #17

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Let me steer us back a bit.

    Given senario I outlined, if you have complete charge of the arrangement, how will you do it?

    Cost is fixed at $60-$75. How do you, one of six photographers at the model shoot, what to organsise the actual shoot? How?

    it's tough boy.

    but i would do it this way.

    split 2 groups.
    1st group, shoot the model looking off camera while the other shoot with eye contact
    then switch over.

    i really dont see how there is a 'best' way around this.but if i really have no choice and i have 6 photogs and i'm organiser, i will do it as above.

    0.25c

  18. #18

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    Quote Originally Posted by dfstan View Post
    that is a very good idea. lesson learnt without even paying anything! cheers!
    i've enquire about hiring a model at first.
    i was quoted 300-600 depending on which model and her experience.

    for a start, i ask some of my good looking friends to be models.practise this way till you know how to communicate with the model well before you even think of going 1 on 1 on a pro model.

    more often than not, guys tend to be very very shy towards gals.and if the gal(model) aint comfy, shy, chances are the pics are a goner.


  19. #19

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be organised?

    Personally, as MOST models told me, they prefer one-to-one shoot so that they can know the photographer better.

  20. #20

    Default Re: How should a group model photo shoot be oprganised?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i've enquire about hiring a model at first.
    i was quoted 300-600 depending on which model and her experience.

    for a start, i ask some of my good looking friends to be models.practise this way till you know how to communicate with the model well before you even think of going 1 on 1 on a pro model.

    more often than not, guys tend to be very very shy towards gals.and if the gal(model) aint comfy, shy, chances are the pics are a goner.

    Actually, once you get better, you will find that pro or amateur models, make little difference.

    And you are correct. I rarely see any of the photographers I shot with, the male side of the spieces, talk to the model at all during the shoot.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •