6th February 2007, 02:25 PM
SMRT Cram Jam!
SMRT CALLS FOR PARTICIPANTS FOR RECORD-SETTING SMRT CRAM JAM!
Over 5,000 people to cram into SMRT train car, bus and taxi in aid of SMRT Silver Tribute Fund
SMRT Cram Jam!
1. SMRT is hunting for some 5,000 participants to leave a record in the Singapore Book of Records (SBOR) in its first-ever SMRT Cram Jam! on Sunday, 11 February 2007 at SMRT Bishan Depot.
2. The largest of six anchor events of the SMRT Silver Tribute Fund, the SMRT Cram Jam! will officiated by Guest of Honour, Mr Raymond Lim, Minister for Transport and Second Minister for Foreign Affairs. It will be a day of fun and excitement as teams battle, within a given time, to create records in the SBOR for the most number of people on board a SMRT train car, a SMRT bendy bus and a SMRT SPACE MPV taxi. The capacities for a SMRT train car, bendy bus and SMRT SPACE taxi are 300, 128 and eight persons respectively. The winning teams of each SMRT Cram Jam! challenge will see the record numbers of persons, the organisation or school names entered into the
3. Registration is now open for teams to sign up for any of the three SMRT Cram Jam! challenges. Participants must be between 15 and 50 years old. The registration fee is $5 per person per vehicle for educational institutes, and $10 per person per vehicle for other category of participants. All proceeds from the registration fees will go towards the eight beneficiaries comprising homes for the elderly and caregiver associations.
4. Interested participants may download application forms at www.smrt.com.sg, or call 6331 1157 for more information. Registration closes on Thursday, 25 January 2007.
5. In conjunction with the record-setting endeavour, SMRT will be organising a SMRT Open House comprising a mini fun fair and guided tours at Bishan Depot from 8.00 am to 5.30 pm on Sunday, 11 February 2007. For $15 per person, members of the public can gain admission to the Open House, participate in games and take a specially chartered train from Ang Mo Kio MRT Station into Bishan Depot where a guided tour
awaits them. All proceeds from the Open House registration fee will go to the SMRT Silver Tribute Fund. Those who are interested in the Open House should register their details (name, NRIC number, age and contact number) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6331 1176 by 31 January 2007.
6. The inaugural SMRT Silver Tribute Fund comprises six anchor fundraising events spanning a period of eight months from December 2006 to July 2007. The funds raised will be channelled to eight beneficiaries and their programmes to help abandoned, lonely and in need of care elderly lead more meaningful and dignified lives, as well as to strengthen the families and communities that care for them. The setting up of the SMRT Silver Tribute Fund is in conjunction with SMRTís 20th Anniversary in 2007.
7. The SMRT Silver Tribute Fund was launched on 17 December 2006 with an island-wide flag day led by President and CEO, Ms Saw Phaik Hwa. Over the next few months, a Charity Movie Premiere, Charity Concert by the Singapore Symphony Orchestra, Charity Art Sale and Pledge Card Campaign will be rolled out.