Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 287

Thread: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

  1. #141

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Sounds good. Any more seniors staying in the West?

    Quote Originally Posted by DinoT View Post
    So CPkoh, Dogcom and I are at Clementi....Cecil needs to shift house Looks like a coffeeshop at Dogcom's place on a Thurs or Fri night would be ok....regards, ting

  2. #142

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Quote Originally Posted by dogcom View Post
    Hi cpkoh,

    I have a shophouse at Clementi St 11 (Sunset Way). Weekdays is not possible for me as I have a business to run. Sorry to hear about your situation but taking care of your wife have to be top priority.

    BTW what camera do you own? and what are your favourite subjects? Why not post a few of your favourite shots for some discussions.
    Hi dogcom,

    I am using Nikon D70 and D200 and for me no particular subjects and anything goes. I am attaching three of my photos for comments






  3. #143

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Quote Originally Posted by cpkoh View Post
    Hi dogcom,

    I am using Nikon D70 and D200 and for me no particular subjects and anything goes. I am attaching three of my photos for comments





    I like the macro shot in particular...wonder it is true old couples morphs into each other's image with time! rgds, ting

  4. #144

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Quote Originally Posted by cpkoh View Post

    I like this shot for it's spontaneity. You caught them at the right moment.
    I'm sorry to hear about your predicament but your wife's health must take precedent.
    I work shift so I'm free on certain weekdays....let me know when your fingers start getting the itch.

  5. #145

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Hi cpkoh,

    I am currently taking a Basic Digital Photography course at SAFRA Mt Faber. Some of the stuffs I am re-learning and reminded after so many years break from the film camera days are : The Rule of Thirds and Empahsis to lead the viewer to your subject. Your picture are very well exposed. Placing the subjects a bit off centre may make it more interesting. I like the second shot showing the mood of the two ladies enjoying together the simple pleasure of sharing music .

  6. #146

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Hi Bcool and Dogcom. Thank you for your comments and I am glad you like it. Bcool: once my wife getting stronger we shall arrange an outting.

  7. #147

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Quote Originally Posted by DinoT View Post
    So CPkoh, Dogcom and I are at Clementi....Cecil needs to shift house Looks like a coffeeshop at Dogcom's place on a Thurs or Fri night would be ok....regards, ting
    Hi DinoT,

    Dogcom's place is fine but as I am not driving and there is no bus to Street 11. I presumed that you all driving and may I suggest that at my place Clementi Ave 2 Blk 325 which has two coffee shops at each end of the block and the very popular Bodah Jone western food is in one of the coffee shop nearer to Clementi MRT. This place is easily reach by both MRT and buses.

    I hope I am not asking too much.

    Best regards,
    cpkoh

  8. #148

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Quote Originally Posted by cpkoh View Post
    Hi DinoT,

    Dogcom's place is fine but as I am not driving and there is no bus to Street 11. I presumed that you all driving and may I suggest that at my place Clementi Ave 2 Blk 325 which has two coffee shops at each end of the block and the very popular Bodah Jone western food is in one of the coffee shop nearer to Clementi MRT. This place is easily reach by both MRT and buses.

    I hope I am not asking too much.

    Best regards,
    cpkoh
    Looks good...Friday night aft 8.30 pm? A cuppa coffee? Anybody?

  9. #149

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Quote Originally Posted by DinoT View Post
    Looks good...Friday night aft 8.30 pm? A cuppa coffee? Anybody?
    Yes, count me in. There are two coffee shops at both ends of Blk 325 which one do you prefer, the one nearer the MRT or farther away.

  10. #150
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Quote Originally Posted by DinoT View Post
    Looks good...Friday night aft 8.30 pm? A cuppa coffee? Anybody?
    This Friday (18 May)? I will try to make it but will only know if I can on the same afternoon.

  11. #151
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Quote Originally Posted by C J GOH View Post
    Walao.. those pics are typical Old Hand quality man... !

    Beautifully exposed!

    But I don't qualify yet ... me only 42...
    Don't problem, u are most welcome to join us. Anyway, u are getting nearer to becoming a senior citizen.

  12. #152

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Quote Originally Posted by cpkoh View Post
    Yes, count me in. There are two coffee shops at both ends of Blk 325 which one do you prefer, the one nearer the MRT or farther away.
    Koh, your call.......but at least three old "kakis" to form a crowd?

  13. #153

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Quote Originally Posted by DinoT View Post
    Koh, your call.......but at least three old "kakis" to form a crowd?
    Any one else to form a crowd?

  14. #154
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    456

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Quote Originally Posted by C J GOH View Post
    Errr.. how big is the crowd?

    And what will the discussion be about?
    I think it's gonna be a small crowd (maybe, 5 at most). No specific agenda. Can talk about anything under the moon. They met for the first time a few weeks ago but unfortunately I couldn't make it at the last minute. This time around, I gonna find time to meet up with them. Come, come, join us.

  15. #155
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hougang Ave 2
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    I think I missed the boat of the Senior meeting after the CNY. I am 60 and this Senior things is still on? cpkoh put me in the list.

  16. #156

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    I will try to make it.

  17. #157
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    north
    Posts
    1,310

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    i wonder how many leica users are in this thread....always see senior citizens at peninsula w leica cameras

  18. #158

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Hi cpkoh,
    I am sorry but weekday evenings can be difficult for me. Anyway you guys go ahead. It's good to get the group going one step at a time. Hopefully we can organise a Sunday outing to shoot some pictures in the near future.

    I know the coffee shops you are talking about. The Q at Botak Jones is just so crazy that I went thrice but did not bother to have to wait for the food so long.

    I think the coffee shop over the other end would be quieter and more condusive for chit chats. Otherwise the one at Block 328 is my favourite. I shop for my aquarium stuffs two doors away at the famous Clementi Aquarium and Florist shop and then have a cuppa and /or dinner there sometimes.

    redstorm, please updates contact list

  19. #159

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Quote Originally Posted by simonsiau View Post
    I think I missed the boat of the Senior meeting after the CNY. I am 60 and this Senior things is still on? cpkoh put me in the list.
    Welcome simonsiau, I am sure this is still on and getting more response.

  20. #160

    Default Re: Calling Senior Citizen Clubsnap Members

    Quote Originally Posted by dogcom View Post
    Hi cpkoh,
    I am sorry but weekday evenings can be difficult for me. Anyway you guys go ahead. It's good to get the group going one step at a time. Hopefully we can organise a Sunday outing to shoot some pictures in the near future.

    I know the coffee shops you are talking about. The Q at Botak Jones is just so crazy that I went thrice but did not bother to have to wait for the food so long.

    I think the coffee shop over the other end would be quieter and more condusive for chit chats. Otherwise the one at Block 328 is my favourite. I shop for my aquarium stuffs two doors away at the famous Clementi Aquarium and Florist shop and then have a cuppa and /or dinner there sometimes.

    redstorm, please updates contact list
    You are right and as you suggested we shall be meeting at the coffee shop at other end of the Blk 325 if others have no objection. The one at Blk 328 is also good but noisier as it is always full of diners for the claypot chicken.

    We will meet at the coffee shop (the one farther from the Clementi MRT) on 18 May (Friday) at 8.30 pm, anyone interested to meet for a drink and general discussion please put his name below:

    1. cpkoh
    Last edited by cpkoh; 17th May 2007 at 09:50 AM.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •