Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FREE makeover & studio shoot? really??

kablooie
    Guests

Default Re: FREE makeover & studio shoot? really??

Don't go to Snapz! The service really sucks bigtime man...I went down to Snapz on the free makeover package thingy. Only reason why i agreed to go was because I wanted to go Chinatown anyway, so since it was nearby, I decided to take a look and see if it was the real deal. Anyway, my appointment was at 4pm and guess what? Only at 6pm did a staff approach me regarding the makeover! The whole time I was there, no staff came over to talk to me and ask me to come back later or something. I even had to ask one of the staff when my turn will be and she said in about 20 mins. And that was at 5pm. By 5.15 I was no longer interested in getting the makeover but I just stayed on because my bf and I were watching a movie on our laptop anyway and we wanted to see what time it would be exactly till my turn.
    And when the staff came over, we told her that we waited for 2 hrs and that their service was really bad. The only thing she could do was make excuses like saying they have a packed schedule on weekends. Hello? Then don't arrange so many appointments! Then she tried to change the topic by saying my bf wouldn't be allowed to do the makeover anyway, but we already knew that! My bf was only there to accompany me to check the place out. Not once did she apologise for making us wait. In fact, while I was there, there were 2 other customers who left after waiting for such a long time.
    The whole incident really left a bad taste in my mouth.

I received a few such calls 2 months back too, one is from this studio called Naughty By Nature and another one I forgot.. I just told them I am not interested whether its free anot..

In any case, these two studios, Snapz and NBN have great tactics to undercut the market and attract customers. Should they continue to survive, many other studios will lose their business. What other studios are charging, they are doing it for free. If I can have my free photos, I don't mind going there too. Provided I know how to say 'No' to their packages and leave with my free photos. At the same time, they also know which kind of customers should put in 'more effort' and which kind can just anyhow take pictures. They are also not suckers who just shoot blindly and give pictures blindly. Sales people and photographers are not dumb as well.

Though there are many complaints over NBN, they are still enjoying good profits, and that's how Snapz is born.
    Last edited by Yezrah; 13th February 2007 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yezrah View Post
    In any case, these two studios, Snapz and NBN have great tactics to undercut the market and attract customers. Should they continue to survive, many other studios will lose their business. What other studios are charging, they are doing it for free. If I can have my free photos, I don't mind going there too. Provided I know how to say 'No' to their packages and leave with my free photos. At the same time, they also know which kind of customers should put in 'more effort' and which kind can just anyhow take pictures. They are also not suckers who just shoot blindly and give pictures blindly. Sales people and photographers are not dumb as well.

Though there are many complaints over NBN, they are still enjoying good profits, and that's how Snapz is born.
    hey hey hey... like a popular poll conducted in CS some years back... many voted "It's part of the game."

i jus think that if it's free, it can't be that good.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

many portraits studios should thank these two studio, they do attract a lot of bargain hunters, for those willing to spend over two hours just to get the two pathetic FREE 4R photos, any portraits studio also don't wish to have these type of customers.

For people ever lure by the free photos and fall into their traps, in the end spend a few k to buy their packages, will start to appreciate some other studio offer genuine and quality photography service, no hard sell tactics, etc, they will warm others not to become another victim of the free photos.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

jus refer potential bargain hunting clients to these 2 la.

problem solved!!! they get their business and u got rid of blood suckers!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    yes, they are right about tis, you are the one who giving away your own particulars and info about earnings, spending habits etc, so don't fill in your particulars in any lucky draws or partake any survey in shopping malls, fairs shows or any exhibitions, if you don't like someone to call you in futures.
    I never give my personal telephone numbers out on such. Only office telephone numbers/office addresses (can screen), office emails (got office firewall/antispam software) - privacy is maintained. I always avoid the touts that ask to take part in some survey or market research on Orchard Rd or shopping centres. Those 'lucky draw' coupons people fill up at Suntec City type of exhibition like computer or travel fairs, that's how your numbers get circulated.

Talking Re: FREE makeover & studio shoot? really??

Quote Originally Posted by leyo04 View Post
    My wife told me that she got a call from a travel whatever, thet were so nice and convincing her. when she asked me and told me about going there with and bring a Credit card for the lucky draw, I said something is very wrong here. I asked her to call them up and have the appointment cancelled. When she called up to cancel, she hasn't given here reason for cancelling then they just hang the phone. Great! just great.

Nothing is free nowadays, if it's too good to be true, it's a scam.
    Scam lah! There was once this company (Leisure something) at Ngee Ann city kept calling me up a few days in a row at my office, although I kept saying not interested. Fed up, since I was going down to the Ngee Ann library anyway I went to their company & the callers even made reminder calls on the 'appointments'. At the recep desk, the usual credit card lucky draw thing, fill up your particulars (actually they only want to know how much you earn). I wrote down earnings ZERO, job NIL. The receptionists ask why? I said just been retrenched, got no job but want to take your free travel/holiday vouchers. Hee hee straight away they asked me to leave -- peace after that, never heard from them anymore!

Another cold call was from a fitness chain in town. The caller asked why I was not interested, my reply 'that one is a g_a_y club!'. Again, no more calls from them.

lol clever........

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    Scam lah! There was once this company (Leisure something) at Ngee Ann city kept calling me up a few days in a row at my office, although I kept saying not interested. Fed up, since I was going down to the Ngee Ann library anyway I went to their company & the callers even made reminder calls on the 'appointments'. At the recep desk, the usual credit card lucky draw thing, fill up your particulars (actually they only want to know how much you earn). I wrote down earnings ZERO, job NIL. The receptionists ask why? I said just been retrenched, got no job but want to take your free travel/holiday vouchers. Hee hee straight away they asked me to leave -- peace after that, never heard from them anymore!

Another cold call was from a fitness chain in town. The caller asked why I was not interested, my reply 'that one is a g_a_y club!'. Again, no more calls from them.

warning to those clubsnappers out there, pls do not patronise the studio. They will use hard selling tatics to "con" you to buy packages which are ridiculous expensive.. will be complaining them to CASE

wah.. free makeover and studio shoot ah ??

they want to do tfcd for me ornot...

are you another victim?

sorry to hear that.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    wah.. free makeover and studio shoot ah ??

they want to do tfcd for me ornot...
    Yes.

But it's mfcd (Money For CD).

Speak about time share - I was phoned and was told that I won a big prize - something like about $5K (enough for 5D) at a lucky draw in some shopping centre. Being in Feb. thought I did really win a prize, as it was immediately after Christmas and CNY, and naturally I was out shopping then! But they called me 3x to confirm that I was going to pick up the prize. Smelt a rat and chickened out going. Thank goodness!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12