Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: LCD or Plasma?

  1. #21

    Default Re: LCD or Plasma?

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    i still prefer ol' sch CRTs, since i wont b sitting so near 2 QC d sharpness on moving image & no lag in reponse rate too!

    IMO CRTs lasts much longer than any slim screens.
    I can't quote any sources, but some websites have reported that LCDs and plasma will outlast a CRT.

    Typical Plasma is rated for about 60,000 hours, LCD about 70,000 hours, while the best CRTs usually last no more than 50,000 hours. Unfortunately, i forgot which website that is, so feel free to look around and dispuite if you find some contrary fact.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: LCD or Plasma?

    Quote Originally Posted by feryl View Post
    I can't quote any sources, but some websites have reported that LCDs and plasma will outlast a CRT.

    Typical Plasma is rated for about 60,000 hours, LCD about 70,000 hours, while the best CRTs usually last no more than 50,000 hours. Unfortunately, i forgot which website that is, so feel free to look around and dispuite if you find some contrary fact.
    reports & really may b 2 diff thing. i jus wonder how many slim screen users hav a still perfect screen aft 4yrs of regular usage? 1 pros of d LCD/plasma screens is tt many now r wide screen- fantastic 4 movies.

    i dun trust reports, i trust my instinct.

  3. #23

    Default Re: LCD or Plasma?

    My dad's 17-year-old Sony CRT still works like a charm.

  4. #24

    Default Re: LCD or Plasma?

    Quote Originally Posted by eejal View Post
    I'm pretty confused in choosing a new TV set. So what's this LCD and Plasma thingy? Can anyone advice me which is the better one? any recommended brand to consider?

    TIA..
    if you are not so in a hurry why not wait till end of the year... i heard there is another new type of tv coming out... its called the laser tv... anyone heard of it?

  5. #25
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: LCD or Plasma?

    Quote Originally Posted by teruranse View Post
    if you are not so in a hurry why not wait till end of the year... i heard there is another new type of tv coming out... its called the laser tv... anyone heard of it?
    Hmmmm. First time heard of it. More info on laser TV here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser_TV

  6. #26
    Deregistered eejal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    End of the Line
    Posts
    1,215

    Default Re: LCD or Plasma?

    da price must be rocket high den..

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: LCD or Plasma?

    Stars Wars price tag?

  8. #28

    Default Re: LCD or Plasma?

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    i still prefer ol' sch CRTs, since i wont b sitting so near 2 QC d sharpness on moving image & no lag in reponse rate too!

    IMO CRTs lasts much longer than any slim screens.
    I second that! Good quaility CRT at the moment is still my favourite. Wide viewing angle, no distracting distortion of normal TV programmes on wide screen panels, no lag and cheap. Maybe some years down the road when even free to air programmes are all HD. No more dame distracting distortion of 4:3 telecast on wide screen!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •