Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Cream of the Crop

  1. #1
    Senior Member lunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,656

    Default Cream of the Crop

    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Cream of the Crop

    that branch snakes pretty nice through the frame and the red of the chillies looks great. Unfortunately this is not easily to see since you have such a busy background. you need to open up the aperture to blur the background into something more homogen against which the branch stands out.

  3. #3
    Senior Member lunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,656

    Default Re: Cream of the Crop

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    that branch snakes pretty nice through the frame and the red of the chillies looks great. Unfortunately this is not easily to see since you have such a busy background. you need to open up the aperture to blur the background into something more homogen against which the branch stands out.
    Hi Michael,

    Thanks for the comment. However I am using a prosumer camera, hence the max Aperture is 2.8, which is what I have use.
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Cream of the Crop

    Quote Originally Posted by lunas View Post
    Hi Michael,

    Thanks for the comment. However I am using a prosumer camera, hence the max Aperture is 2.8, which is what I have use.
    Aperture 2.8 is open enough provided you use a longer focal length. your camera has a 12x zomm going up to 400+mm 35mm equivalent. try if you get a shallower DOF and therefor a more blurred background at the long end of the telezoom, even though you will loose in aperture.

  5. #5
    Senior Member lunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,656

    Default Re: Cream of the Crop

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Aperture 2.8 is open enough provided you use a longer focal length. your camera has a 12x zomm going up to 400+mm 35mm equivalent. try if you get a shallower DOF and therefor a more blurred background at the long end of the telezoom, even though you will loose in aperture.
    Ok, I will try it out
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Cream of the Crop

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Aperture 2.8 is open enough provided you use a longer focal length. your camera has a 12x zomm going up to 400+mm 35mm equivalent. try if you get a shallower DOF and therefor a more blurred background at the long end of the telezoom, even though you will loose in aperture.
    thats provided the background is further off, and subject is within focusing range and background is beyond range.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •