Thread: New Starter to Photography

Default New Starter to Photography

I know very little or nothing really about Digital Photography or probably of any kind.
    However i like to learn about it and i have ordered a couple of books to help me start.
    I keep Racing Pigeons and i would like to take photos of them, my Pigeon Loft which is 18m long
    My Two Dogs and When out i like to take photos of Churches etc
    I am going to Buy a Canon400d Camera, But i can only affoerd to buy one Lens
    Can you Guys tell me what is the best dual purpose lens for the things outlined above
    Any help will be appreciated

Default Re: New Starter to Photography

I don't know Canon, but I imagine you would like to start off with the classic prime lens (fixed) 50mm and a wide angle lens (10 - 20 Sigma or Canon equivalent).

The first lens will suit shooting ur dogs as it is quick, light and unobtrusive. The second will allow you shoot the spirals/towers or length of the church/pigeon loft as it conveys the grandure of larger scenes whilst still being up close and personal.

There were my first lenses and I continue to love them.

Post ur piccies when you take them I would love to see your interpretation of your hobbies (are you from the UK)?

The kit lens that coems with the body will be useful enough for outdoor shots and and 50/1.8 for indoors. It certianly is a good budget combo.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Yes i am an Englishman, but moved to Belgium 3 years ago to live. For the Sole reason of Racing the Pigeons in Long Distance International Races against Eight other countries in Europe. I along with my Brother have made a start