Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Should i get a DSLR ?

  1. #1

    Default Should i get a DSLR ?

    With Dslr prices falling ....should I get 1 since i'm in auto mode most of the time ?

    Any 1 can share their view ?


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Oulu, Finland, Finland
    Posts
    6,299

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    maybe u can share why u want to get a dslr since u shoot in auto mode most of time.. i only know of ppl wanting to get dslr because of the ability to shoot in manual mode and change lenses, image quality etc..

    you want to get it because prices are falling?


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines.Sg
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    i shoot in all auto mode too but i still got a dslr.

    reasons being it's a lot faster in (auto) focusing, in zooming. and also can control aperture and/or shutter speed to get the desired effects. i got an oly e500 with 2 kits lens tat gives me enough coverage a normal compact wont. and better image quality.

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    Quote Originally Posted by borisi View Post
    i shoot in all auto mode too but i still got a dslr.

    reasons being it's a lot faster in (auto) focusing, in zooming. and also can control aperture and/or shutter speed to get the desired effects. i got an oly e500 with 2 kits lens tat gives me enough coverage a normal compact wont. and better image quality.

    and u say that u want to control AV/TV ...but u want to shoot all in auto...what u talking sia...

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    With Dslr prices falling ....should I get 1 since i'm in auto mode most of the time ?

    Any 1 can share their view ?

    Yes,you can get 1 since the dslr prics is falling cos the the new dslr is coming.donno when.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    U should get DSLR if u need these:
    - DSLR has a bigger sensor hence better image quality
    - DSLR do better night scene (less noisy) if u shoot night scene
    - DSLR can couple with flash with TTL etc
    - DSLR can change lens example 10mm to 1000mm, if u like
    - I know u shoot in auto mode, but one day if u want to experiment in manual exposure or manual focusing, u need DSLR

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin View Post
    U should get DSLR if u need these:
    - DSLR has a bigger sensor hence better image quality
    - DSLR do better night scene (less noisy) if u shoot night scene
    - DSLR can couple with flash with TTL etc
    - DSLR can change lens example 10mm to 1000mm, if u like
    - I know u shoot in auto mode, but one day if u want to experiment in manual exposure or manual focusing, u need DSLR
    Hi there,
    may I know what type of DSLR do you recommedment and affordable?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    D40 !!!


  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    If u do not have other film SLR or lens, then the Nikon D40 kit is a very good start, its price is also affordable.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    Get a 2nd hand one if you really want since you only use the P mode. Do bear in mind the lenses, filters and dry cabinet that you will need when you are in the DSLR bandwagon.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  11. #11

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    As DSLR prices gets cheaper n cheaper, it is a no brainer to just get it as opposed to buy a PnS. Just sign up with any cheap basic course on photography n u will sure to make full use of e DSLR functions. Even if u r a technophobic, the auto mode in DSLR will do a good job too.
    Flickr Me! :: Nikon D80 :: Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4.5 DC MACRO

  12. #12
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    D40

  13. #13

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    hi, check out olympus dual kit package. 2 lens plus a body, at quite a reasonable rate.
    DSLR is addictive, many settings available to play around with...

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    457

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    D40 will be a good entry level dslr... not so ex too compared to others...

  15. #15
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    @ AMK
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ivan View Post
    D40 will be a good entry level dslr... not so ex too compared to others...
    i like the 2.5 inch LCD....damn big...

  16. #16

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    But, with the D40, you only get autofocus when using an AF-S or AF-I lens, which are damn expensive. So be careful! The initial outlay is low, but lens purchases afterwards are expensive on the D40.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    Pentax K100D (alan photo, mscolor, cathay photo etc.) , K110D (dunno about local availability).

    Comes with anti-shake for all lenses ;D
    Last edited by dnaxe; 5th February 2007 at 11:11 AM.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    Quote Originally Posted by dnaxe View Post
    Pentax K100D, K110D (dunno about local availability).

    Comes with anti-shake for all lenses ;D
    I'd say go for the K10D or Sony A100 in that case...

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    With Dslr prices falling ....should I get 1 since i'm in auto mode most of the time ?

    Any 1 can share their view ?

    get it before GST increase

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: Should i get a DSLR ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    get it before GST increase
    U must think positive, it is possible that the extra GST increase will be absorbed by the retailers...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •