Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Where is the best place to print photos?

  1. #1

    Default Where is the best place to print photos?

    Dear All,
    Hoping to tap on your experiences in recommending a good place to print. Collected a body of images that I would like to use as my portfolio, but still not very familiar with the labs around, so could anyone please share your experience? Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    Triple D lab at Burlington Square is quite good. friendly service from the boss.
    they use Fuji Frontier, dunno what model, cant recall...paper used are crystal archive supreme i think.
    0.35 per piece, but that rate decreases as you print more...
    Last edited by codling; 4th February 2007 at 06:31 PM. Reason: included minilab model
    too many shots...

  3. #3

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    Quote Originally Posted by codling View Post
    Triple D lab at Burlington Square is quite good. friendly service from the boss.
    they use FDI minilab, dunno what model, suddenly cant recall...paper used are crystal archive supreme i think.
    0.35 per piece, but that rate decreases as you print more...
    i go there also

  4. #4

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    when using my KM 5D and printing in 4R, B&W...i thought the pics are very well done... IMHO.
    and i use picasa for editing! Mike (the boss) merely brighten up some of the pics that are a little too dark...
    too many shots...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    i go to shalom colour lab which is near bugis area as well. fuji also.

    looks like for the best photos can only go fuji.

    their charges is 0.25 cents for classic paper.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    KT colour at hong lim complex... by far they are the best... n very fast... they have good prices for clubsnappers also... 25ct for fuji archive supreme paper...

  7. #7
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ClubSNAP community
    Posts
    2,775

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    Seems like there are a few of us who use TripleD here. Previously I had been using KT for a while but after some unpleasant experiences with them, I'm glad Fuji Singapore redirected my to TripleD in Jul 2004. Mike's service is superb. He'd ensure my prints do not have differences in coloration just because of changing magazines or paper. He'd also ensure correct quantities while separate packing them. That was something KT never did well.

    If the location is convenient to you, that's a good place to print. And you can go window-shopping at Sim Lim Square while waiting for your prints to come out. Go try him out, let him know you are from CS also.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    You may try KT at Chinatown Area...

  9. #9

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    Seems like there are a few of us who use TripleD here. Previously I had been using KT for a while but after some unpleasant experiences with them, I'm glad Fuji Singapore redirected my to TripleD in Jul 2004. Mike's service is superb. He'd ensure my prints do not have differences in coloration just because of changing magazines or paper. He'd also ensure correct quantities while separate packing them. That was something KT never did well.

    If the location is convenient to you, that's a good place to print. And you can go window-shopping at Sim Lim Square while waiting for your prints to come out. Go try him out, let him know you are from CS also.
    I am sorry, never encounted tis problem with them... seems u are unlucky... i print tons with KT, so do my friends who i recommended down. so far, no problems... once in a while some colour will be of.. but i am talking like 1 pic out of 50 S8R... and they will reprint gladly if their mistake.. so i dont agree with what you said. And quantities have so far been correct. as long as i specify correctly the packing order...

  10. #10

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    You may want to try ML at Bt Batok if you are from the west. Cheap, Good and Fast

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=144837

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Raffles Place
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    MS COLOUR.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    I would highly recommend KT or Grace. Both places are very good

  13. #13

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    i do mine at Kim Tian in Chinatown

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    552

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    MIAO LAAN!

    at bukit batok

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    nowhere... juz a random stray.
    Posts
    2,227

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    faint.. do u all really compare the colors, etc??

    Grace > The colors are real bad... only thing they're cheap..

    KT > I print a lot there, they're quite cheap and fast.. colors are generally ok but actually still off.. compared to the original pic. even my hp deskjet gives me better quality and colors on the photo paper..

    The most accurate I found so far is beautiful memories at stamford house.. but it's very ex.. I only print there if I need great quality pics.

  16. #16
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    I love my cup & coaster!
    Posts
    754

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    Beautiful Memories @ Stamford House.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    No. 1 Colour Centre advertises in the papers quite often, 20c per copy for certain volume. Seems like a good price but not sure any catch. Anyone tried them?

  18. #18
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    Quote Originally Posted by Octane69 View Post
    KT colour at hong lim complex... by far they are the best... n very fast... they have good prices for clubsnappers also... 25ct for fuji archive supreme paper...
    Really? I paid 0.30 Must you say CS member prior to the process or upon payment?

    Anyhow I must say they really go all out to help, last friday I was in hurry before my CNY trip, the pretty gal Michele(If I am not mistaken) actually rush mine photos while there were still long Q in the printers, this is what I call good service
    Last edited by Big Kahuna; 21st February 2007 at 09:32 AM.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dreamy Nikon Land
    Posts
    2,874

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyy View Post
    faint.. do u all really compare the colors, etc??

    Grace > The colors are real bad... only thing they're cheap..

    KT > I print a lot there, they're quite cheap and fast.. colors are generally ok but actually still off.. compared to the original pic. even my hp deskjet gives me better quality and colors on the photo paper..

    The most accurate I found so far is beautiful memories at stamford house.. but it's very ex.. I only print there if I need great quality pics.
    Emm, you have to stick to one printer. Do a test print, calibrate your monitor against the print and set a profile.

    Colour off can most probably be due to your monitor calibration. And then Beautiful Memories maybe just nice the profile matches the one on your monitor you see. Again, they are too expensive.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness View Post
    i do mine at Kim Tian in Chinatown
    What's the exact address?
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •