Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is the best place to print photos?

Default Where is the best place to print photos?

Dear All,
    Hoping to tap on your experiences in recommending a good place to print. Collected a body of images that I would like to use as my portfolio, but still not very familiar with the labs around, so could anyone please share your experience? Thanks

Default Re: Where is the best place to print photos?

Triple D lab at Burlington Square is quite good. friendly service from the boss.
    they use Fuji Frontier, dunno what model, cant recall...paper used are crystal archive supreme i think.
    0.35 per piece, but that rate decreases as you print more...
    Last edited by codling; 4th February 2007 at 06:31 PM. Reason: included minilab model
    too many shots...

Quote Originally Posted by codling View Post
    Triple D lab at Burlington Square is quite good. friendly service from the boss.
    they use FDI minilab, dunno what model, suddenly cant recall...paper used are crystal archive supreme i think.
    0.35 per piece, but that rate decreases as you print more...
    i go there also

when using my KM 5D and printing in 4R, B&W...i thought the pics are very well done... IMHO.
    and i use picasa for editing! Mike (the boss) merely brighten up some of the pics that are a little too dark...
    too many shots...

i go to shalom colour lab which is near bugis area as well. fuji also.

looks like for the best photos can only go fuji.

their charges is 0.25 cents for classic paper.

KT colour at hong lim complex... by far they are the best... n very fast... they have good prices for clubsnappers also... 25ct for fuji archive supreme paper...

Deregistered

Seems like there are a few of us who use TripleD here. Previously I had been using KT for a while but after some unpleasant experiences with them, I'm glad Fuji Singapore redirected my to TripleD in Jul 2004. Mike's service is superb. He'd ensure my prints do not have differences in coloration just because of changing magazines or paper. He'd also ensure correct quantities while separate packing them. That was something KT never did well.

If the location is convenient to you, that's a good place to print. And you can go window-shopping at Sim Lim Square while waiting for your prints to come out. Go try him out, let him know you are from CS also.

You may try KT at Chinatown Area...

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    Seems like there are a few of us who use TripleD here. Previously I had been using KT for a while but after some unpleasant experiences with them, I'm glad Fuji Singapore redirected my to TripleD in Jul 2004. Mike's service is superb. He'd ensure my prints do not have differences in coloration just because of changing magazines or paper. He'd also ensure correct quantities while separate packing them. That was something KT never did well.

If the location is convenient to you, that's a good place to print. And you can go window-shopping at Sim Lim Square while waiting for your prints to come out. Go try him out, let him know you are from CS also.
    I am sorry, never encounted tis problem with them... seems u are unlucky... i print tons with KT, so do my friends who i recommended down. so far, no problems... once in a while some colour will be of.. but i am talking like 1 pic out of 50 S8R... and they will reprint gladly if their mistake.. so i dont agree with what you said. And quantities have so far been correct. as long as i specify correctly the packing order...

You may want to try ML at Bt Batok if you are from the west. Cheap, Good and Fast

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=144837

MS COLOUR.

I would highly recommend KT or Grace. Both places are very good

i do mine at Kim Tian in Chinatown

MIAO LAAN!

at bukit batok

faint.. do u all really compare the colors, etc??

Grace > The colors are real bad... only thing they're cheap..

KT > I print a lot there, they're quite cheap and fast.. colors are generally ok but actually still off.. compared to the original pic. even my hp deskjet gives me better quality and colors on the photo paper..

The most accurate I found so far is beautiful memories at stamford house.. but it's very ex.. I only print there if I need great quality pics.

Account Suspended

Beautiful Memories @ Stamford House.

No. 1 Colour Centre advertises in the papers quite often, 20c per copy for certain volume. Seems like a good price but not sure any catch. Anyone tried them?

Quote Originally Posted by Octane69 View Post
    KT colour at hong lim complex... by far they are the best... n very fast... they have good prices for clubsnappers also... 25ct for fuji archive supreme paper...
    Really? I paid 0.30 Must you say CS member prior to the process or upon payment?

Anyhow I must say they really go all out to help, last friday I was in hurry before my CNY trip, the pretty gal Michele(If I am not mistaken) actually rush mine photos while there were still long Q in the printers, this is what I call good service
    Last edited by Big Kahuna; 21st February 2007 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashleyy View Post
    faint.. do u all really compare the colors, etc??

Grace > The colors are real bad... only thing they're cheap..

KT > I print a lot there, they're quite cheap and fast.. colors are generally ok but actually still off.. compared to the original pic. even my hp deskjet gives me better quality and colors on the photo paper..

The most accurate I found so far is beautiful memories at stamford house.. but it's very ex.. I only print there if I need great quality pics.
    Emm, you have to stick to one printer. Do a test print, calibrate your monitor against the print and set a profile.

Colour off can most probably be due to your monitor calibration. And then Beautiful Memories maybe just nice the profile matches the one on your monitor you see. Again, they are too expensive.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Witness View Post
    i do mine at Kim Tian in Chinatown
    What's the exact address?
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast