Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: leaves of another kind

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    west
    Posts
    1,313

    Default leaves of another kind




  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,719

    Default Re: leaves of another kind

    nothing interesting

  3. #3

    Default Re: leaves of another kind

    composition - 0
    focus - 0
    colours - 1
    title - 0
    effort - 0

    score - 1/5

    0/5 - move into recycle bin, clear recycle bin.
    1/5 - absolutely clueless.
    2/5 - snapshot.
    3/5 - probably worth improving.
    4/5 - almost there.
    5/5 - get out of here.
    Canon 5D & 35L + Panasonic Lumix GX1 & 20mm
    Flickr | Buy Baobao's photobook!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the other side
    Posts
    2,046

    Default Re: leaves of another kind

    i'd beg to differ. it is interesting. nice detail for an abstract shot.

    what is it?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    west
    Posts
    1,313

    Default Re: leaves of another kind

    Quote Originally Posted by schon View Post
    i'd beg to differ. it is interesting. nice detail for an abstract shot.

    what is it?
    it's some decoration in elasplanade...
    mabi u guys dun see the effect. my screen got some calibrating prob... sianz
    i see on other screens it juz looks bright... it's suppose to be abit of back lighting so the colours are more contrasted....
    or mabi my pix not pro enuf for the pros hehe

  6. #6

    Default Re: leaves of another kind

    Quote Originally Posted by babykailan View Post
    composition - 0
    focus - 0
    colours - 1
    title - 0
    effort - 0

    score - 1/5

    0/5 - move into recycle bin, clear recycle bin.
    1/5 - absolutely clueless.
    2/5 - snapshot.
    3/5 - probably worth improving.
    4/5 - almost there.
    5/5 - get out of here.
    Its a well done shot. Good abstract. Have more of it. Try boosting the colours up and play ard the artistic factor of this image.
    Last edited by Chris Lim; 4th February 2007 at 08:00 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: leaves of another kind

    Quote Originally Posted by noob117 View Post
    it's some decoration in elasplanade...
    mabi u guys dun see the effect. my screen got some calibrating prob... sianz
    i see on other screens it juz looks bright... it's suppose to be abit of back lighting so the colours are more contrasted....
    or mabi my pix not pro enuf for the pros hehe
    interesting installation, but how do you go about photographing an interesting installation?

    you might want to consider some of the following thinking process ...

    why do you want to take this shot?
    is it because the installation is beautiful?
    if so, how is the installation beautiful?
    how then can you photograph the beauty of the installation?
    which angle is good?
    how much things do you think you need to put inside the frame to make that beauty apparent?
    how much light do you think is needed to make that beauty apparent? (underexpose? overexpose?)

    end of the day, know what you want to show and how to show it.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: leaves of another kind

    u out to bring him to down??????

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: leaves of another kind

    Quote Originally Posted by limyouliang View Post
    u out to bring him to down??????
    what do you mean?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    west
    Posts
    1,313

    Default Re: leaves of another kind

    Quote Originally Posted by limyouliang View Post
    u out to bring him to down??????
    huh?
    bring me down?

  11. #11

    Default Re: leaves of another kind

    more exposure at the edges, more saturation for more vibrant colours and than the irritating wires .... needs lots of PS work to do that last thing but possible ... :-)

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore, East Coast, Katong.
    Posts
    387

    Default Re: leaves of another kind

    well, its a good try nevertheless. I can see its been resized alot....

  13. #13

    Default Re: leaves of another kind

    ehhh.... nice colours?

  14. #14
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
    Posts
    8,242

    Default Re: leaves of another kind

    Quote Originally Posted by schon View Post
    i'd beg to differ. it is interesting. nice detail for an abstract shot.

    what is it?
    Same here. I find this pretty neat too.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    west
    Posts
    1,313

    Default Re: leaves of another kind

    Quote Originally Posted by XiaoMiaoWang View Post
    well, its a good try nevertheless. I can see its been resized alot....
    yea resized alot.
    from original to 640x480...
    thanks for replies...
    will work harder next time

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore, East Coast, Katong.
    Posts
    387

    Default Re: leaves of another kind

    Quote Originally Posted by noob117 View Post
    yea resized alot.
    from original to 640x480...
    thanks for replies...
    will work harder next time
    admire your attitude! jiayou! =D

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •