Thread: Crowny Crane

Default Crowny Crane

Any good? How could I have shot better? C n C pls.
    Last edited by funkydonkey; 1st February 2007 at 02:25 PM.

Default Re: Crowny Crane

Quote Originally Posted by funkydonkey View Post

Any good? How could I have shot better? C n C pls.
    IMHO, looks a bit soft.Bump up ISO and set aperture of f8 would be better. f5 is too shallow. This crowned crane looks better from the front. Try to wait for a better moment. The other bire in the BG is distracting.

Maybe should isolate the head more with a more homogenous bg. Otherwise may have to move the position such that the other crane is more obvious in the bg.

Also increase the contrast and saturation for the pic and apply unsharp mask.

i think it's better if u use under f 5 (shallow DOF). to make background more blur, to isolate the object from background. to create a more clear Point Of Interest.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    IMHO, looks a bit soft.Bump up ISO and set aperture of f8 would be better. f5 is too shallow. This crowned crane looks better from the front. Try to wait for a better moment. The other bire in the BG is distracting.
    The damn birds would pose for one teeny moment!! lol . What did you mean by Bump up ISO?? I do have a pic with the front..but it looks like the birdy had a bad hair day..damn.

Quote Originally Posted by eng_keow View Post
    Maybe should isolate the head more with a more homogenous bg. Otherwise may have to move the position such that the other crane is more obvious in the bg.

Also increase the contrast and saturation for the pic and apply unsharp mask.

Thanks for the tips.