Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Can we detect visible differences between pixel pitch of 0.25 & 0.27mm on LCD?

  1. #1

    Default Can we detect visible differences between pixel pitch of 0.25 & 0.27mm on LCD?

    Please advise if human eye can detect visible differences between pixel pitch of 0.25 & 0.27mm on LCD monitor when viewing photo enlargement? Will the display quality degrade with 0.02mm different between the two panel?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Can we detect visible differences between pixel pitch of 0.25 & 0.27mm on LCD?

    Quote Originally Posted by Niccon View Post
    Please advise if human eye can detect visible differences between pixel pitch of 0.25 & 0.27mm on LCD monitor when viewing photo enlargement? Will the display quality degrade with 0.02mm different between the two panel?

    Thanks.
    nope for me...

  3. #3

    Default Re: Can we detect visible differences between pixel pitch of 0.25 & 0.27mm on LCD?

    Your eyes probably cannot tell 0.02mm. However, 0.02mm reduction in pitch means you can squeeze 16% more pixel into a screen of the same size.

    BC
    Last edited by Scaglietti; 1st February 2007 at 12:51 PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Can we detect visible differences between pixel pitch of 0.25 & 0.27mm on LCD?

    Am I right to say that enlarged picture/photo quality viewed on 0.27mm is same as 0.25mm LCD?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Can we detect visible differences between pixel pitch of 0.25 & 0.27mm on LCD?

    Quote Originally Posted by Niccon View Post
    Am I right to say that enlarged picture/photo quality viewed on 0.27mm is same as 0.25mm LCD?
    if both enlarged to the same %, i think the 0.27mm will give you a bigger look but might not be as fine as the 0.25mm.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Can we detect visible differences between pixel pitch of 0.25 & 0.27mm on LCD?

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    if both enlarged to the same %, i think the 0.27mm will give you a bigger look but might not be as fine as the 0.25mm.
    I felt like that too. My Old 17" is 0.28 or 0.29 and new 20" is 0.25. The 17" give something like coarse look and 20" looks more refine when enlarge photos. For a moment, I thought it is just my feel only so want to seek confirmation here since I am intending to get a 24" which is 0.27.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •