Thread: New pana series

Talking New pana series

from dpreview
    http://www.dpreview.com/
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Default Re: New pana series

Nothing much exciting on the new releases, just up the resolution only. Let see what they come out with FZ-60 in July. Following the trend, FZ-10 and FZ-20 similar, FZ-30 and FZ-50 similar, so FZ-60 will be something different. Hope they don't just up the resolution on some tiny CCD. They should put a CMOS sensor and improve the noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycelim View Post
    Nothing much exciting on the new releases, just up the resolution only. Let see what they come out with FZ-60 in July. Following the trend, FZ-10 and FZ-20 similar, FZ-30 and FZ-50 similar, so FZ-60 will be something different. Hope they don't just up the resolution on some tiny CCD. They should put a CMOS sensor and improve the noise.
    what gives you the impression that CMOS sensor produce lesser noise?

i believe fz60 will be simply a fz30 upgrade... at the most different, it could be using 10x 28mm zoom.

the camera i hope that they will improve on is the lx series...if not for the iso issue..i would have bought one already
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    the camera i hope that they will improve on is the lx series...if not for the iso issue..i would have bought one already
    same here... gotton a f31 instead (MScolor promotion is so tempting )
    but again if lx get better sensor, the rest will get the same treatment as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    what gives you the impression that CMOS sensor produce lesser noise?

i believe fz60 will be simply a fz30 upgrade... at the most different, it could be using 10x 28mm zoom.
    Traditonally CMOS might not be as good as the CCD, but as technology advanced, CMOS nowadays tends to fare better.

Nikon D2X, Canon 1Ds Mark II are all CMOS sensors. Even the canon D400 beats all the same level DSLR in term of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaycelim View Post
    Traditonally CMOS might not be as good as the CCD, but as technology advanced, CMOS nowadays tends to fare better.

Nikon D2X, Canon 1Ds Mark II are all CMOS sensors. Even the canon D400 beats all the same level DSLR in term of noise.
    well, if you consider superCCD in...
    i don wanna say which is better, as up till now there is still no definitely ans.
    Last edited by ExplorerZ; 5th February 2007 at 12:01 AM.