Thread: Raynox DCR-250 Comments Please

Default Raynox DCR-250 Comments Please

Hi guys, I came across this lens and it is sold in Mass Sales for $130. I have read the various articles linking to this lens but I am still confused.

Is this a lens by itself whereby we could easily connect to a DSLR (Nikon) camera? Or it works like a filter attaching to a normal lens?

Has anyone used this lens before and would like to comments please? Comparing this cheap lens to those normal macro lens, what kind of differences do we expect?

Thanks.

Default Re: Raynox DCR-250 Comments Please

Quote Originally Posted by ymmij View Post
    Hi guys, I came across this lens and it is sold in Mass Sales for $130. I have read the various articles linking to this lens but I am still confused.

Is this a lens by itself whereby we could easily connect to a DSLR (Nikon) camera? Or it works like a filter attaching to a normal lens?

Has anyone used this lens before and would like to comments please? Comparing this cheap lens to those normal macro lens, what kind of differences do we expect?

Thanks.
    its a filter... quality wise, no complaint by most.

Thanks.
    Image wise is simply sharp sharp(to me)
    Anything that can take pictures...happy already lor...(..but...Hasselblad_H5D-50 as my Workhorse)

Wink Re: Raynox DCR-250 Comments Please

Hi All,

Just to clarify.........Raynox DCR-250 is a LENS with 2-group/3-element optical glass design, it is NOT a filter, which is commonly understood to be a single piece of glass. However both do attach to the front lens of your digital camera or DSLR lens.

If you're keen to find out more about Raynox Macro Lenses, please refer to our link below:
    http://www.mcgill.com.sg/McGill%20Macro%20FAQs.html

Cheers,
    Jim, McGill.
    Last edited by jim_mcgill; 2nd February 2007 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Incomplete URL info

Thanks.
    Used it with my S3 IS and it works great. Recently got D70s and tried it with 50mm f1.8 prime and got decent result.

It's a good buy.

seems like all good comments. well i am buying a piece tomorrow... thanks for the feedback.