Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $250 000

Default Re: $250 000

Quote Originally Posted by bernardy4416 View Post
    In that case, try Lexus IS250.

Well within your budget of $250K. It costs approximately $130K plus to $150K plus, depending on the extras you want on it.

2.5L engine, 4 door, 4 seater. Excellent build quality. Reasonable performance. I guess it could fit the description of "cool & feminine".....
    umm i think my Mum tried this car before..she felt it to be to " auntie"-like...( no shiok/kick ) kinda drive

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    umm i think my Mum tried this car before..she felt it to be to " auntie"-like...( no shiok/kick ) kinda drive
    Hmmm....in that case, you're looking at the realm of "sports sedans" then. Not many choices in that range as auto makers don't usually manufacture vehicles with 4 doors in excess of 200 bhp with near-sports handling.

Since you're looking for something "feminine", I don't suppose you want to consider the Subaru WRX, Mitsubishi Evolution or Subaru Legacy.

That leaves you with the BMW 330i, Volvo S60R (may not be that feminine) and the Mercedes C320.

The Mercedes C320 may be a little "soft" in terms of handling (suspension & steering response). The interior is decently done up. However, Mercedes' quality has been disappointing lately. Test drove this one....ho-hum....

I've test driven the Volvo S60 T5, not the S60R. From what I hear, the S60R has much better traction due to 4WD which the T5 lacked. Believe me, the T5 really needed at least rear wheel drive if not 4WD....imagine 200+ bhp with front wheel drive taking corners Reviews of S60R looks good with solid handling. Interior is done up well albeit a little cramped. Solid build quality from Volvo, as usual. However, the car can be a little "rough" (engine noise).

BMW 330i. Driver's car. Balanced in terms of power, handling, braking and luxury. Sometimes, mechanical problems can be an issue if you are unlucky to get a "problem" car. Very nice ride.......I can vouch for that.

If you don't mind a 4 seater with 2 doors, you can also consider the Golf GTI and the new BMW 335.

All the above cars are within the $250,000.00 budget you've given.

One man's drink is another's poison. Do get your Mom to test drive these vehicles before making any decision.

Happy car hunting

Bernard

P.S. Buying the car is just a start. Don't forget that if you insist on performance, it comes at a price. Please keep in mind the cost of fuel, insurance and road tax for these large capacity cars.

Quote Originally Posted by bernardy4416 View Post
    Hmmm....in that case, you're looking at the realm of "sports sedans" then. Not many choices in that range as auto makers don't usually manufacture vehicles with 4 doors in excess of 200 bhp with near-sports handling.

Since you're looking for something "feminine", I don't suppose you want to consider the Subaru WRX, Mitsubishi Evolution or Subaru Legacy.

That leaves you with the BMW 330i, Volvo S60R (may not be that feminine) and the Mercedes C320.

The Mercedes C320 may be a little "soft" in terms of handling (suspension & steering response). The interior is decently done up. However, Mercedes' quality has been disappointing lately. Test drove this one....ho-hum....

I've test driven the Volvo S60 T5, not the S60R. From what I hear, the S60R has much better traction due to 4WD which the T5 lacked. Believe me, the T5 really needed at least rear wheel drive if not 4WD....imagine 200+ bhp with front wheel drive taking corners Reviews of S60R looks good with solid handling. Interior is done up well albeit a little cramped. Solid build quality from Volvo, as usual. However, the car can be a little "rough" (engine noise).

BMW 330i. Driver's car. Balanced in terms of power, handling, braking and luxury. Sometimes, mechanical problems can be an issue if you are unlucky to get a "problem" car. Very nice ride.......I can vouch for that.

If you don't mind a 4 seater with 2 doors, you can also consider the Golf GTI and the new BMW 335.

All the above cars are within the $250,000.00 budget you've given.

One man's drink is another's poison. Do get your Mom to test drive these vehicles before making any decision.

Happy car hunting

Bernard

P.S. Buying the car is just a start. Don't forget that if you insist on performance, it comes at a price. Please keep in mind the cost of fuel, insurance and road tax for these large capacity cars.
    WOW thanks for this man!
    pardon me asking, when you say BMW 3***** doesit mean 3 series which is kinda a"step down" from an A6? just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    WOW thanks for this man!
    pardon me asking, when you say BMW 3***** doesit mean 3 series which is kinda a"step down" from an A6? just wondering
    Most car makers generally produce models in different "sizes", namely compact sedan (small), family (medium) and luxury (large).

Mercedes : Sedan - C class
    Family sedan - E class
    Luxury sedan - S class

Audi : Sedan - A4
    Family sedan - A6
    Luxury sedan - A8

BMW : Sedan - 3 series
    Family sedan - 5 series
    Luxury sedan - 7 series

Of course, they also have other models like SUVs, compacts, station wagons, etc.... but this is the general trend.

There is no such thing as "step up" or "step down" when buying a car. It all depends on what your search criteria is when you are looking for a vehicle to suit your needs.

All of these models come with different sized engines. For example, the Mercedes C-class comes in C200 (2 litre engine), C240 (2.4 litre engine) and C320 (3.2 litre engine). Bigger engine means more power.

There are smaller sized cars that cost more than a larger car. For instance, a BMW M3 (sports tuned version 3 series) is much more expensive and powerful than an Audi A6.

Bernard

P.S. Please remember that as a general rule, the bigger the car gets, the poorer the handling. If you are looking for a sports ride, you usually can't go wrong getting a small car with as powerful an engine that the engineers can squeeze in. Of course, the down side is you have to surrender some degree of ride comfort in that sort of vehicle. Only you can decide what sort of car will suit your needs.
    Last edited by bernardy4416; 2nd February 2007 at 09:31 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123