Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bikini, Sexy, Nude

Default Re: Bikini, Sexy, Nude

I really appreciate for the comments left above.

I agree that this is kind of a supply demand thing. However, my worry is that would this have misled people who have just stepped into the field of photography.

I have seen new photographers who don't even know the basics of taking photos but so excited and addicted to shooting portraits or models. Some people might also have the idea that shooting pretty model makes one a pro photographer. But the fact is that pretty models always look pretty, well, unless one's skills really cannot make it. And models wearing bikini are always sexy.

Hence instead of following the trend to shoot pretty and sexy girls, I suggest new photographers to really think about what they really want out of photography, and don't get fooled by the pretty model shots came out of their camera.
    SMS Only: Nine One Five Zero Seven Two One Six

Consumerism rules.

one piece swimsuits are nice too
    economyrice.smugmug.com
    Nikon 18-200VR, Nikon 12-24 and 50 f/f.8

alrite, lets just admit it, the guys are just there to see the girls, in lesser clothes the merrier guys will always be guys.....
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

Quote Originally Posted by reno77 View Post
    Don't you guys know that the quality of a photo is inversely proportional to the amt of clothes wotn by the subject

After reading through the thread, I am disappointed that no one has even mentioned some of the obvious mistakes in the thread starters assumptions.

Gri Gri bro, you state
    Quote Originally Posted by GriGri View Post
    Is there something wrong with people here?
    My question is, what is wrong in shooting pretty babes minus their clothes? People shoot what interests them. Most of the people are interested in naked babes. Is there anything wrong with that? It is no more right or wrong than shooting a sunset or an old lady's grave face.

I agree that this is kind of a supply demand thing. However, my worry is that would this have misled people who have just stepped into the field of photography.
    This is pure assumption on your part. Who has it misled and how? Any photographer has come to you and complained that the uncountable numbers of model shoots have limited his imagination?

I have seen new photographers who don't even know the basics of taking photos but so excited and addicted to shooting portraits or models.
    And why should it be wrong? Any beginner will have to hone his skill somewhere. Why should someone hone his skill first by shooting birds and nature and then graduate to shoot pretty babes? Why not hone your skill while shooting (semi) naked ladies? If it makes the photographer happy, so be it. Why should we be judgemental?

Some people might also have the idea that shooting pretty model makes one a pro photographer.
    I am yet to come across such a moron who thinks that way. But, even if he does I don't see a problem. Maybe he will never grow as a photographer, but then again he is unlikely to grow as a photographer even if he shoots flowers. So, why should we be worried about someone having that sort of thought process.

Bottom line: No matter how the society paints it, sexual instinct rules. And no matter how dreadful it seems, there is nothing wrong in it. Sexual instinct is a powerful attraction and it is no less noble than the attraction for a fiery red sunset. And as long as there is attraction, people will take photograph. So, 90% of the photographers shoot semi-naked babes. So what? I don't see that as matter to be worried about.
    Last edited by moriarty; 2nd February 2007 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reno77 View Post
    Don't you guys know that the quality of a photo is inversely proportional to the amt of clothes wotn by the subject

No wonder everybody goes to zoo to take pictures of Ah Meng!

And models wearing bikini are always sexy.

I disagree. Ah Meng would look terrible in bikini.
    CS says, "We can't help you ignore yourself."

actually, ive noticed also that there seem to be more flesh shots than usual...but i guess where theres a demand, there will always be a supply.

personally i wouldnt mind a bit more creativity...
    Last edited by jdredd; 1st February 2007 at 03:37 PM.

hahaha i can predict a 12 pager thread here...

All I can say: to each his own. Everyone shoots whatever they want; its no obstruction to you as a photographer anyway.

As well all know, sex sells; been that way for a long time....

heh,, lets be honest, i really doubt anyone here, who has ever been on a shoot like this, me included, can deny that they didnt derive at least some pleasure from seeing the female form in its semi unclothed state... we are all just human beings after all.

of course for some, thats the whole reason why they sign up for these shoots. for others , its a mix of that, and to further their portraiture skills etc..

what more is there to debate..

Hwrm.

*Puts on a set of threads and hit the clubs for girls instead of ogling at them during bikini shoots*

And..wasting time in this debate.

actually there are some weird photographers around. Saw one before. Went for a talk and there this guy who kept snapping away with his dslr with flash somemore. Then during the tour of exhibition, the same guy acted as if he was a photojournalist, snapping away and the classic was when he prone down on the floor to take a few shots. I was like errrrr what the ($&%$ are you doing? The guy giving the tour was like "huh....."

Quote Originally Posted by moriarty View Post
    After reading through the thread, I am disappointed that no one has even mentioned some of the obvious mistakes in the thread starters assumptions.
    The question is should be, should we even bother to question grigri?

As to his statement, he phrased it as a question, saying there are something wrong with the people here, well, this is all I have to say to him, "your mentality suck!"
    Last edited by Deadpoet; 2nd February 2007 at 08:43 AM.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Some people might also have the idea that shooting pretty model makes one a pro photographer. But the fact is that pretty models always look pretty, well, unless one's skills really cannot make it. And models wearing bikini are always sexy.

Hence instead of following the trend to shoot pretty and sexy girls, I suggest new photographers to really think about what they really want out of photography, and don't get fooled by the pretty model shots came out of their camera.
    You make it sound like shooting pretty and sexy girls wearing bikinis is so easy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    "your menatlity suck!"
    I think you want to say "mensurality".

OK, Ok, I admit I clicked to see what this about...I make no apologies for appreciating (and sometimes oogling) beautiful women and those showing some flesh. My wife is pregnant and I think her form is beautiful with the round abdomen and round breasts. If she is not so shy I would take some shots to show the beauty of the the female form in its various conditions.

Maybe someone should try doing a photoshoot with the title "My grandma, nude, warning to under 18". I am not sure how many people will click on it, but if its tastefully taken, I am sure it will garner its own praises.

There is something about the female form that attracts us, both guys and gals.

Aiyah, if people want some tintillating photos, its easily found elsewhere on the web, in the full monty, with closeups and professionally edited, photos and videos to boot...

So I don't think its a problem or that we are hum-sub. I like to think we just appreciate the female form...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12