Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

Quote Originally Posted by Octane69 View Post
    never overtake in terms of volume of users... but for ease of use and peace of mind... mac is on top...
    you're probably right in terms of interface. i'm not too sure about ease of use (can't live without right click). but for peace of mind... well, unplug your pc from internet and you will be much safer. i've said many many times before mac is not more secure than windows. it is because no one bothers. the user volume simply is not worth the effort. mac is safe with its niche market.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    you're probably right in terms of interface. i'm not too sure about ease of use (can't live without right click). but for peace of mind... well, unplug your pc from internet and you will be much safer. i've said many many times before mac is not more secure than windows. it is because no one bothers. the user volume simply is not worth the effort. mac is safe with its niche market.
    maybe its good news for mac users that the MS users stay put

OK go go vista!!! everyone upgrade to vista!!!

you're probably right in terms of interface. i'm not too sure about ease of use (can't live without right click).
    Just get the new Mighty Mouse or use, as I do, a Microsoft Mouse with two buttons and a scroll wheel. The Apple Mice are definitely the worst thing about Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwest View Post
    If Mac OS overtakes MS in the future then it will be lapping it I am afraid!
    Tried to use Mac on a few occasions. Irritating as hell...

Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    of cos.. people are too lazy to adopt to a different type of OS.. sitting in the comfort zone using an OS they are familiar with and everyone else is using.. Hence missing out the good things.

I have nothing to praise abt MS.. over years of using it, it has brought me nothing but trouble, crashing, virus, spyware, lag, blue screen of death, constant update (some even render me to unable to connect to internet), so much setting to set to be 'safe', having to install virus scan which lags and crashes my system, and the list goes on.

The only thing that is good abt MS,, is office.. nothing else.

I do agree I had some problems adopting to Mac OS initially, but with a little patience and guidance. im on the track of no return. virus? er hmm whats that? firewall? automated, security patch? once in like every 3mths or more, connection to internet? seamless, interface? perfect. Hardware needed to run the visuals that vista offer? half of what ever vista needs. or less.

We irritate for a good clause.. the rest is up to u!
    I have said before in another thread most of the crashings are caused by applications. Not MS.

As for viruses, updates, firewalls, security patches, MS is a victim of its own success. Mac has its own share (proportional to the user volume i would say). And honestly speaking, spyware is a result of dumb user. You can't stop a dumb user from screwing up the system.

With VISTA, there will be a lot a lot of complains with the never ending prompts and reminders due to "actions trying to write to privilege areas". Lets see how MS deal with it...

.... i've said many many times before mac is not more secure than windows. it is because no one bothers. the user volume simply is not worth the effort. mac is safe with its niche market.
    good to hear that no one bothers

for dumb user like me who dun have anti virus software

I have said before in another thread most of the crashings are caused by applications. Not MS.
    that's why Windows is a great software when installed without any other apps

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    good to hear that no one bothers

for dumb user like me who dun have anti virus software
    eh... there will still be some risk, just not as high.
    even anti virus and firewalls has flaws.

vista? maybe this

Those of you who would like to have Vista eye candy but keep XP, you may want to check this out: http://www.windowsxlive.net/?page_id=15

I have installed the Vista Transformation Pack 6 without any problems but please do so at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    vista? maybe this
    Wow! Got Flip 3D

I won't use Vista until I really need it. WinXP is working great for me right now, so I'm sticking with it. I don't want to be Bill Gate's beta tester. Perhaps when they come out with their Service Pack, I will consider.

I will stick to WinXP. If I want Vista, I will buy a Mac.

Wait till forced to change.

Quote Originally Posted by microcosm View Post
    I will stick to WinXP. If I want Vista, I will buy a Mac.
    Huh? For me... if I want Vista, I will buy Vista. If I want a Mac, I will buy a Mac.

If I want a Mac, but I buy Vista (or vice versa), then I may not get what I want...

And honestly speaking, spyware is a result of dumb user. You can't stop a dumb user from screwing up the system.
    You're absolutely right about that, it's like I always say to my users: You can foolproof a system; Hell! you can even idiot-proof it these days, but there isn't yet a system in the world that is moron-proof.

_

Quote Originally Posted by deadpixel View Post
    You're absolutely right about that, it's like I always say to my users: You can foolproof a system; Hell! you can even idiot-proof it these days, but there isn't yet a system in the world that is moron-proof.

_
    so before a person can access a computer, he must be taught how not to be dumb in terms of security

Actually the mac is not safer by way most mac users were lead to believe in fact it is alot more worst off. The fact that is does not get "hit" or "attack" as often like MS's OS, programmers and developers are not tested or pushed to fill up the weaker security gaps in the OS. There are group discussion, writeup and analysis articles made by not just by PC users but Mac users too who has come to admit that if you intend to hack or infect a Mac...and I don't just mean those mass online attack but for example if I just want to attack one specifc Mac User, a competence hacker or virus writer would not find it that hard to break the Mac OS compared to a MS OS. For now, the smaller market share is keeping the Mac safe and make developers job alot easier compared to those writing for the PC but just give those black hat hackers a good reason to start writing codes or virus to give the Mac OS a good "workout" you might find wide panic among the Mac users and unlike the PC users, we have our baphtism of fire long ago with hackers, virus, spyware...that it is almost a cake walk if we encounter it most of the time.
    Last edited by sammy888; 7th February 2007 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    so before a person can access a computer, he must be taught how not to be dumb in terms of security
    No need to take offence with the term "dumb". All of us have been dumb at some point in time. I've been dumb before too (by anyhow installing programs and anyhow clicking on unfamiliar websites).

The user just compromise his own data. No harm to others (ok, not entirely true...). So no need to have enforced education. But better knowledge in this area will definitely save a lot of time and heartache.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwest View Post
    Just get the new Mighty Mouse or use, as I do, a Microsoft Mouse with two buttons and a scroll wheel. The Apple Mice are definitely the worst thing about Mac.
    In the office I work in, there's this Mac computer with the (old type) round, completely circular mouse. That has gotta be the worst design ever. When u hold onto it, u dun even know which direction is forward...

EDIT: This is that i'm talking about...

Last edited by AReality; 8th February 2007 at 01:27 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast