Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 103

Thread: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

  1. #61

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    then u will miss out Vista got Flip 3D and Aeroplane glass effect leh
    Oh ya, dun get suckered into buying the Home Basic version. It doesn't have the aeroglass effect...


    .

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    then u will miss out Vista got Flip 3D and Aeroplane glass effect leh
    Frankly speaking... mac has been providing this for last few years already...
    and u don't need 2GB ram with top of the range video card to use that function

    I will stick to my Mac and WinXP

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    Frankly speaking... mac has been providing this for last few years already...
    and u don't need 2GB ram with top of the range video card to use that function

    I will stick to my Mac and WinXP
    But the Windows users are depraved of this effect for the last 5 years since XP. We all should be happy for them.

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    But the Windows users are depraved of this effect for the last 5 years since XP. We all should be happy for them.
    yeah! thats why!!! change to a mac

  5. #65

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?


  6. #66

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    hahahaha
    i shouldnt hv bother to read everything

  7. #67

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    yeah! thats why!!! change to a mac
    Why is it mac user like to proselytise so much? It gets to the point where it is really irritating, trust me.

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sedna, Orion Stars
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    Why is it mac user like to proselytise so much? It gets to the point where it is really irritating, trust me.
    Because Mac truely through and through, is better. (:

    On a sidenote, seems like the local media is biased and very adamant on convincing everyone to convert to Windows Vista. I do not see a bad review of it yet, only reviews which state the good points and bad points but overall, recommend the upgrade.

    In my entire short life, I have not seen or read about such a money sucking OS with lots of silly restrictions and useless features like parental support which most parents would not implement, or if they want to, programs are easily available.

    Seriously, I have lost faith in the local media, especially digital life.

  9. #69

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    Bought the Vista Home Premium , well , no problems so far , everything runs smoothly and pretty fast . Looks good also .

    To be hornest , its quite worth every penny for the new OS . As for patches , yar sure it would come out with patches soon BUT isn't the XP still having new patches every once in awhile . Trust me , the patches will NEVER end , so dont bother about the patch , whenever a new one appears , it automatically install so nothing to worry about UNLESS you are using a pirated copy THEN you have to worry . So enjoy the new OS

    Cheers people

  10. #70

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    the problem is driver... i have a coolscan 3 which i dunno can scan in vista or not, if not i have to run dualboot to scan. and all my sound cards can't use

    maybe i'll use my copy of vista as paperweight 1st

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    Quote Originally Posted by rexscooby View Post
    Bought the Vista Home Premium , well , no problems so far , everything runs smoothly and pretty fast . Looks good also .

    To be hornest , its quite worth every penny for the new OS . As for patches , yar sure it would come out with patches soon BUT isn't the XP still having new patches every once in awhile . Trust me , the patches will NEVER end , so dont bother about the patch , whenever a new one appears , it automatically install so nothing to worry about UNLESS you are using a pirated copy THEN you have to worry . So enjoy the new OS

    Cheers people
    for the Windows XP community , Vista is good news

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post
    Because Mac truely through and through, is better. (:

    On a sidenote, seems like the local media is biased and very adamant on convincing everyone to convert to Windows Vista. I do not see a bad review of it yet, only reviews which state the good points and bad points but overall, recommend the upgrade.

    In my entire short life, I have not seen or read about such a money sucking OS with lots of silly restrictions and useless features like parental support which most parents would not implement, or if they want to, programs are easily available.

    Seriously, I have lost faith in the local media, especially digital life.
    for the govt Common Operating Environment project, wondering if everyone going to have Vista?

  13. #73

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    Yes - will be upgrading to Vista when I am force to (etc changing a new PC), provided they have move beyond SP1 maturity. Having testing Vista for several months before its launch, I am not convince of its benefit (for myself) as there is no revolutionary changes. Moreover for an OS, it is pretty expensive. Lastly, MS has committed to support WindowsXP till 2015, less motivation to upgrade.

    But Vista is a pretty solid piece of work done, especially on alot of security fronts (not perfect but better than XP).
    Last edited by kitkat; 7th February 2007 at 10:22 AM.

  14. #74

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post
    Because Mac truely through and through, is better. (:

    On a sidenote, seems like the local media is biased and very adamant on convincing everyone to convert to Windows Vista. I do not see a bad review of it yet, only reviews which state the good points and bad points but overall, recommend the upgrade.

    In my entire short life, I have not seen or read about such a money sucking OS with lots of silly restrictions and useless features like parental support which most parents would not implement, or if they want to, programs are easily available.

    Seriously, I have lost faith in the local media, especially digital life.

    Ermz, Mac OS X Leopard will feature parental control. So does that make it a money sucking OS with lots of useless features? Just kidding.

  15. #75

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    Quote Originally Posted by weeguy View Post
    Ermz, Mac OS X Leopard will feature parental control. So does that make it a money sucking OS with lots of useless features? Just kidding.
    Both OS (Mac or Vista) does not really make an impact to me. I have use both of them. For me, I will prefer Windows platform probably due to nature of work. Mac does not offer the equivalent support for my development.

    Basically depend on the need of user. Yes , both OS have lots of redundant features that many people do not use.

  16. #76

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    Why is it mac user like to proselytise so much? It gets to the point where it is really irritating, trust me.
    cos once u mac... u never go back...

  17. #77

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    Quote Originally Posted by Octane69 View Post
    cos once u mac... u never go back...
    Nope. The impression i got was mac users are insecure. Apple OS can never overtake MS in the near future. I'm sorry.

  18. #78

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    If Mac OS overtakes MS in the future then it will be lapping it I am afraid!

  19. #79

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    Nope. The impression i got was mac users are insecure. Apple OS can never overtake MS in the near future. I'm sorry.
    never overtake in terms of volume of users... but for ease of use and peace of mind... mac is on top...

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: Will you be upgrading to Window Vista?

    Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    Nope. The impression i got was mac users are insecure. Apple OS can never overtake MS in the near future. I'm sorry.
    of cos.. people are too lazy to adopt to a different type of OS.. sitting in the comfort zone using an OS they are familiar with and everyone else is using.. Hence missing out the good things.

    I have nothing to praise abt MS.. over years of using it, it has brought me nothing but trouble, crashing, virus, spyware, lag, blue screen of death, constant update (some even render me to unable to connect to internet), so much setting to set to be 'safe', having to install virus scan which lags and crashes my system, and the list goes on.

    The only thing that is good abt MS,, is office.. nothing else.

    I do agree I had some problems adopting to Mac OS initially, but with a little patience and guidance. im on the track of no return. virus? er hmm whats that? firewall? automated, security patch? once in like every 3mths or more, connection to internet? seamless, interface? perfect. Hardware needed to run the visuals that vista offer? half of what ever vista needs. or less.

    We irritate for a good clause.. the rest is up to u!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •